forum

Best 25 Taiko Players of 2012 ! (Voting Phase)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
Hmmm... Maybe the idea is very crazy due to its amount, but I want to make this top a bit higher than usual (it will cover more people)

I'll do the replays with the help of wizarw, a friend of mine who, I hope, will let me make this top. If not, maybe guitarnico or Totoro le Pacha, I'll ask them (personally)

You can choose up to 25 players that have been playing this year, and I'll count the votes. If a player has been voted for and didn't play much this year, their case will be discussed (I have some names)

This voting will end on December 21, 2012, 18:45 CEST, and those who are in the top 25 will be sent a PM for their skin.

Audio Commentaries are welcome, I just need people who really want to do this. Their names will be written here.
Please, don't make stupid votes such as using your own name in the list, they will not be counted.
Suggestions on how to make the video are encouraged, as well as pictures, fonts, avatars, everything.

Anyway my votes will go to:
SPOILER
  1. kanopu
  2. zx_baka_0502442
  3. Bye
  4. Didou
  5. Xay
  6. xxCROSSxx
  7. _LRJ_
  8. T o u c h e
  9. Nashmun
  10. HashishKabob
  11. OzzyOzrock
  12. XK2238
  13. Tasha
  14. Pheon
  15. agu
  16. Slih
  17. hipster3000
  18. KinomiCandy
  19. [Akita-Neru]
  20. Dora
  21. -[ ix Ishida xi ]-
  22. Tonbo
  23. ChinPota
  24. KDS
  25. asgardv
Kanye West
I don't know much about Taiko players but wouldn't it be easier for everyone to just list 10 players, similar to the osu! standard voting thread?

Also Noobita and Ozzy #1 4eva <3
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
THEY BE DIFFERENT.
And well, 25 is still a good amount, as we can have a ton of people's opinions. osu! BP videos had 20, but I thought it wasn't enough so yeh. Consider that it was 40 originally !
XEPCOH
1. Wolfjkeee
2-25. Noobs
Kanye West

_Gezo_ wrote:

THEY BE DIFFERENT.
And well, 25 is still a good amount, as we can have a ton of people's opinions. osu! BP videos had 20, but I thought it wasn't enough so yeh. Consider that it was 40 originally !
Well yeah there were 20 in the video, but everyone only voted for 10 in the thread. I was just thinking it might be difficult for some people to list 25 taiko players that are worth being in a top players video
LunarSakuya
uhh don't know many lol but

Pheon
Xakyrie
Haruka
Makar
Edit: kanopu
Lavale_old
in no particular order
1.ChinPota -
2.-applerss
3. zx_baka_0502442 -
4. iketa
5. Ekiben
6. Kanopu
[Rdyjin]
I don't know many players that well, since I'm new, but I will vote for two people in particular -

Tasha, more or less inspired me to actually stick with taiko. I might have actually quit sometime around the time of discovering the dkkdk and kddkd stream exists otherwise :(
agu, I wanna be pro at FL now that I've watched him lol
Nashmun
Well, I won't say anything about this thread, but please, don't vote if you actually know nothing about taiko community.

I mean, quoting AnFace, DarkStoorM, koneejo, Makar (And others, me included :<).... I have nothing against them, they are great players and I like most of them, but please, they are far from beeing one of the best players. If you are just going to vote for someone because "I like hime, he looks good", well derp.
[Rdyjin]

Nashmun wrote:

Well, I won't say anything about this thread, but please, don't vote if you actually know nothing about taiko community.

I mean, quoting AnFace, DarkStoorM, koneejo, Makar (And others, me included :<).... I have nothing against them, they are great players and I like most of them, but please, they are far from beeing one of the best players. If you are just going to vote for someone because "I like hime, he looks good", well derp.
I don't really think I'd perfectly relate 'top 25' with 'best 25'. Just my personal opinion, but I think in this scenario other factors should be included aside from 'can play well'.

That aside, I thought MMzz is officially retired? Shouldn't that disqualify him? :P
Luna
Random order, not sure if -Asuke- qualifies or is considered too inactive during this year

Noobita
kanopu
xxCROSSxx
-Asuke-
Xay
-[ ix Ishida xi ]-
Bye
MMzz

Honorary mention, but definitely doesn't qualify (last play in February): Mugetsu
BrokenArrow
I couldn't think of 25 people, so here's my Top 10:

1. xxCROSSxx
2. Noobita
3. Bye
4. Xay
5. -[ ix Ishida xi ]-
6. ChinPota
7. iketa
8. zx_baka_0502442
9. kanopu
10. Slih
xWillx
My votes go to (in no specific order):
1.Xay
2.Slih
3.Noobita
4.-[ ix Ishida xi ]-
5.MMzz
6.zx_baka_0502442
7.kanopu
8.Bye
9.xxCROSSxx
10.iketa
11.-Asuke-
12.Orukaa
13.kevin3333g
14.ChinPota
15.KDS
16.Devilly
17.[Akita-Neru]
18.NAKG
19.Nashmun
20.koneejo
21.-----mliencheng-----
22.-applerss-
23.Tasha
24.nayuta
25.Dora
BrokenArrow
^and like 50% of them are DS users and/or multiaccounts. \:D/
AnFace

Nashmun wrote:

I'm probably not even top 25 in US, I'm just accurate on things that aren't hard

I'd vote but I think I'm biased toward people I like/see a lot instead of paying attention to the overall community.
But I love pupu and squishi ishi <3

and Nashmun only knows me because of one map
grand duels
HashishKabob
Well I don't think I'm even going to cast a vote. I can tell already this thread is going to go to shit very quickly.
BrokenArrow
You're just pissed that nobody votes for you
[Luanny]

BrokenArrow wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
umad?

edit:

_Gezo_ wrote:

This voting will end on December 21, 2012, 18:45 CEST, and those who are in the top 25 will be sent a PM for their skin.
end of the world ascdasfdg
AnFace

BrokenArrow wrote:

~tha callout~
HashishKabob
ooooh huuur duuur i been buuuurned.

Like I give a shit if a bunch of random people on the internet think I'm good at a video game or not.
Does it really even matter anyway? I mean, what's the prize for being one of the ones voted into top 25? A massive wooden penis? Do not want.

And if you're trying to insinuate that I'm a bad player, why don't we hang out in multiplayer for a little while? Get some rounds going. I could always use a good warmup before soloing. (P.S. Take a look at my top scores/performance scores. Notice how there are NO STD maps there? That's because I don't play them to whore pp rank. In fact, I don't play them at all because they're all either too easy or too "standard".)

Also, all my 25 votes go to Ekiben for being the one man to stand up for what he thinks and tell zx_baka he can go skywalk over a bridge.
I mean, if you're ALREADY a damn god at taiko, why cheat? Isn't the point of cheating/hacking/DSing to "pretend" you're good? What if you're ALREADY good?
Nashmun

HashishKabob wrote:

Also, all my 25 votes go to Ekiben for being the one man to stand up for what he thinks and tell zx_baka he can go skywalk over a bridge.
I mean, if you're ALREADY a damn god at taiko, why cheat? Isn't the point of cheating/hacking/DSing to "pretend" you're good? What if you're ALREADY good?
Yeah sure, being the one man to stand up for what he thinks... He's just mad because baka took him some #1 he may have done with DS too. Why don't he bitch about nayuta ? He doesn't care about DS or any cheat if he's not directly concerned, that's not what I'd call being brave.
Loctav
Yey, popularity voting again!
You should change the topic name to "top 25 of most attentionwhoring popular taiko players"
The current name indicates that this is a voting for a rank with a valid outcome (which isn't the case, since I already see people listed who are worse than me, and I don't fit for this list)
MMzz
Gonna try and make a realistic top 10., based on overall performance over the year.

EKiBEN
xxCROSSxx
Noobita
Dora
zx_baka_0502442
Xay
-Asuke-
MMzz
-[ ix Ishida xi ]-
Iketa

Even though I haven't been active the past 3-4 months these are the people I know from setting crazy scores on ranked and the popular maps by Firce777/Nyan/Etc and overall respect among the playerbase for being really good.

And if anyone has questions about KDS and Kanopu I personally have not seen them do anything mindblowing or on terms of really high tier play.
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun

BrokenArrow wrote:

^and like 50% of them are DS users and/or multiaccounts. \:D/
Please, don't do such comments in this thread. Keep your opinions, even if they are all known by people here, for yourself.

AnFace wrote:

I'm probably not even top 25 in US, I'm just accurate on things that aren't hard
Getting high accs on high ODs is respectable, I think that's what he means. I do that too

HashishKabob wrote:

Well I don't think I'm even going to cast a vote. I can tell already this thread is going to go to shit very quickly.
If this hasn't already begun !

BrokenArrow wrote:

Please, don't do such comments in this thread. Keep your opinions for yourself

[Luanny] wrote:

_Gezo_ wrote:

end of the world ascdasfdg
starting my vacation that day sadhgfdasdsad

Nashmun wrote:

DS
Like the F word in public, don't use it here asdsjkdsahd

MMzz wrote:

And if anyone has questions about KDS and Kanopu I personally have not seen them do anything mindblowing or on terms of really high tier play.
Truth is here, they hardly ever play now (KDS is hell of AFK, kanopu plays from time to time now.)

also title changed, and if you guys can watch over this thread to clean out some trolling (I'm talking to you Loctav and Mittens) that would be nice feom you o/
Haereticus
zx_baka_0502442
kanopu
iketa
xxCROSSxx
Xay
ChinPota
Dora
-Asuke-
-[ ix Ishida xi ]-
Devilly
Noobita
Mic
FlowerMasterK 13
NeGaTiVeMinD
KDS
Kim Jin Seok
Nashmun
ian9696
Orukaa
mentosuman1
TKSalt
TTTL
shifon[0312]
XeBi320
kenny388

no particular order
zx_baka_0502442
Noobita
Dora
zx_baka_0502442
-[ ix Ishida xi ]-
Firce777
kevin3333g
Orukaa
Lye
Juuryoushin

Hashishkabob wrote:

Like I give a shit if a bunch of random people on the internet think I'm good at a video game or not.
Does it really even matter anyway? I mean, what's the prize for being one of the ones voted into top 25? A massive wooden penis? Do not want.
Kinda violent. I agree, then i won't vote this year. (I'll not quote the entire post, pointless.)
Just one thing, I pray for the safety of this thread, I don't want to see another Drama-topic.

Good luck, anyway o/
yoyo
-[ ix Ishida xi ]-
Dora
zx_baka_0502442
Xay
kanopu
xxCROSSxx
-applerss-
Xebi320
Noobita
T s u K i M i