forum

[Archived] "Error: File Not Found" when opening songs from download

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Noodles
Problem details: When I try and open a song using osu from the download link, it says the error file not found. I tried using the Mac osu agent to put songs from downloads straight to the songs folder but every time it corrupts the song. A fix for one of these issues would be most appreciated. I am on a mac and I'm running slc's winesking version of osu in this forum.
community/forums/posts/6919344

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://imgur.com/wLJ92GD

osu! version: Stable 20200519.1 (latest)
Death
If there are other wrappers that work for you (like the one that the thread was created for), do you still get the same error when using them instead?

I think it should also be possible to drag beatmap files into the osu! window manually on macOS. You can try doing that as well.
Topic Starter
-Noodles
peppy's wrapper's audio is glitchy and when the mac osu agent moves the songs from downloads to osu it still says the beatmap file is corrupt or incomplete and moves it to a failed folder. The first unofficial wrapper by Mic238 is decent but when in a multi the unowned beatmap button takes 10 minutes to relocate to the browser and website of the beatmap. For Mic238's wrapper i was able to open the songs fine but that was when i didnt use the mac osu agent.
Death
What about technocoder's wrapper?

If you are only getting this specific error message with slc's wrapper then it might be bug with slc's wrapper. Or it could just be a bug with technocoder's mac Agent if mic's wrapper doesn't work with it enabled but works with it disabled. He typically reads these threads, so if that's the case he'd probably know and he might reply.

I would just try leaving the mac agent disabled for now as it technically does things for you and could make troubleshooting more difficult.
Technocoder
Please link the beatmap file you're trying to install (including whether it is no video or not). You can also try loading beatmaps manually by clicking on the Open osu! folder button in the agent and then dragging the beatmap file into the Songs folder and then pressing F5 in game.

If the beatmap file has non alphanumeric characters in it try deleting them (such as special characters).
Topic Starter
-Noodles
beatmapsets/393663#osu/900957

I just tried to open this with your wrapper and it worked fine.

I did not use the Mac osu agent for it so I'm guessing it may be the agent's fault for the other wrappers that need the agent to open. The method of opening the osu folder and manually putting the songs in works fine for all wrappers but this method is super slow and annoying but like I said, your wrapper works fine as it doesn't use the agent to open it.
Technocoder
Yeah, not sure what happened. I just tried using my agent to load the beatmap for my Catalina wrapper and it worked fine so it might just be a blip with the other wrappers. If you got it working then that's good.

Just to clarify, if you're using my 2018 ("unofficial update") wrapper then you're going to have issues with opening beatmaps in multis (which I think you posted about in another thread). I can't test with slc's wrapper anymore because I'm on Catalina but you should be able to use my Catalina Wineskin (community/forums/posts/7367239) as well (if you aren't already).

If you're stuck with slc's wrapper then you can drag osu! into a separate virtual desktop and then keep the songs folder open on the main desktop. That way when you download beatmaps it's pretty easy to drag it in (which is what I used to do).