forum

FPS drop and mouse lag after update [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
billy96
Well, it's pretty obvious, i update the osu! (which, fortunately happen every weekend), open osu!, and the lag happen. Normally i get about 200~ FPS when playing standard, but now it's <150~ FPS. There is mouse input lag, where the mouse is suddenly slow and unresponsive on long fast jump (e.g Black Hole - Pluto jumps), but playable (still lagging) on slower map.
The FPS drop is also happening in *Taiko, up to ~10 FPS, which usually around ~150 FPS. *Thank you Blue Stormz

Asus Eee PC Seashell Series Spec.
AMD C-60 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.00 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6290 Graphics 1458 MB
2,62 GB usable out of 4,00 GB RAM (Because i'm using 32 bit Windows)
peppy
This is not related to an osu! update, as nothing has changed here. Please check anything else you recently changed on your system, especially related to graphics settings or drivers, and we may be able to help you find a solution.
VelperK
I think this relates with AMD, I have these kind of problems, though I noticed something.
This will only happen if "Fullscreen" option is checked, if I play in window mode I don't get neither crashes nor lags.

Though I must say that it sucks to play in window mode since your input is more delayed and that sucks if you play competitevely.
Topic Starter
billy96
Eh, never mind, the problem is gone. I just play it for a few hours and then the lag is gone, like *poof*.

I dunno, this net book is weird, it solves the problem itself. Every damn time.
peppy
I'm still interested to know if you find out what was causing it. Maybe you closed another app or something? Let us know if you figure it out.
-Asuki-Chan-
this issue has returned it seems ive been playing osu today and i updated and now no matter what i do even a reinstall it makes the fps counter lag meter go to the max but my fps not lagging im not sure if this is a bug or me. id like some explaining on what might cause this