forum

[Archived] All my replays are gone, do I can recover them ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ant -w-
Help! Recently I had to reboot osu! because of a bug. And I lost all my replays and I want to recover them, does that possible ?

The bug: My menu of beatmaps scrolled endlessly and I asked for help on a discord server and I was told to reboot osu!.
Death
Open your osu! folder using the "open osu! folder" button in the options menu. Inside that folder there will be a hidden Data\r folder (you may need to enable hidden files/folders to see it). Open that and check to see if you have a bunch of .osr files in it.

If you do, close osu!, go back to the main osu! folder directory, find the "scores.db" file, and delete it. Once you start the game again, that should cause the file to be recreated with all of the replay files in that data folder, which should get them to appear in game.
Topic Starter
Ant -w-
I doesn't find the folder Data/r and I didn't really understand how to find it and thank you for your answer.
Dntm8kmeeatu
That folder is hidden. You need to enable show hidden folders/files in windows.
Death
If you click on the View tab at the top of your file explorer you should have the option to display hidden files/folders. Enable that.

You can still try the db fix without checking for the files in there technically, I was just curious if anything was in there at all.
Topic Starter
Ant -w-
Ok, I managed to access the Data / r file but there is nothing in it. Can I do something else to get my replays ?

Thanks a lot for your answers :)
Death
If the files are not physically present in that folder, probably not. I would check to see if something on your computer is deleting your files without your knowledge, because the game shouldn't be deleting them on its own and restarting should definitely not trigger anything like that anyway.
Topic Starter
Ant -w-
Ok, but just for precise I did not restart my game I deleted it (before that I copied all my beatmaps) then I reinstalled it.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Well if you deleted or uninstalled it, of course the files won't be there...

If you ever run into an issue, please post here instead of deleting all your files and reinstalling.
Death
Oh, yeah, then that's the issue. Replays are stored locally and reinstalling the game removes your local files. If you didn't explicitly backup your replays then they are gone.
Topic Starter
Ant -w-
Oh ok, sorry for wasting your time and thank you very much for your answers, I wish you the best. :)