forum

[Archived] Lost all beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Seymenli27
Problem details:Why i lost all of my beatmap after i update OSU!.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20200519.1 (latest)
Death
Click on the "open osu! folder" button in the options menu to open your install folder and then check to see if your maps still exist inside the "Songs" directory.

If they do, try hitting F5 on the beatmap selection screen.
Topic Starter
Seymenli27
But there is nothing inside my Songs file.
What should i do?
Death
The game will not just randomly delete all of your maps, so it's possible you somehow have multiple osu! installations on your computer at the same time. Either that, or something else on your computer is deleting your files without your knowledge.

By default, osu!'s installation path is C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!. If that is not the location you were brought to when you hit the "open osu! folder" button, I would check there to see if you happen to have another install at that location.
Topic Starter
Seymenli27
I think i found the problem.
When i update with osu!install(1).exe,i click that (click here to change the location) and choose the other files to update.
Is this the possibly reason that causes all of my beatmap lost?
Death
Yes, that is the installer. You installed the game to a different location on your computer, now you probably have two separate osu! installs. One contains your maps, one does not.
Topic Starter
Seymenli27
It took me a long time and I only found that one installer only.
And when i open osu!,there's something which at the right of the menu is downloading some beatmap songs by itself.
Death
You need to look for an osu! folder. You ran the installer and now you have two osu! folders on your computer. I can't really help you find the correct one because I have no idea where it could possibly be on your computer if it is not in its default location (which I provided earlier).

Try using Windows' search feature to search for it. Or, you might be able to use something like WinDirStat because chances are the folder will be fairly large (depending on the number of maps you had).
Topic Starter
Seymenli27
Ok thanks for your advice and helping man.Have a nice day.