forum

[Archived] Why does my ms rise?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ZHKPN
Problem details:So my ms average on WhiteCat's skin is 2.4 ms but when i change skin to Cookiezi's skin my ms rises to 3.0-3.4

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20200519.1 (latest)
Death
Does the skin have a ton of super large images or animations? Do you only notice this increase when using that specific skin? If so, that's probably why. Poorly optimized skins can cause the game to run slower in some cases.
Topic Starter
ZHKPN

Death wrote:

Does the skin have a ton of super large images or animations? Do you only notice this increase when using that specific skin? If so, that's probably why. Poorly optimized skins can cause the game to run slower in some cases.
I don't think shige's skin has animations, and other skins too.
Death
You can check inside the skin folder yourself to see if there are large images and what not. Some skins can just perform better than others. I don't have the skin, so I can't check myself.

If you switch back to whatever the original skin was and you are no longer having issues, then it's probably the skin... Not really sure what else to tell you in that case.

If you just noticed your performance go down a bit in general (i.e. switching back does not change anything), restart your computer, close other things you have running in the background. Try the other things on this wiki page: help/wiki/Performance_Troubleshooting
Topic Starter
ZHKPN
ok