forum

☆Annual Scandinavian Holiday Contest! ☆ [Closed]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
theowest
Welcome to our first annual Scandinavian holiday contest!

In this competition we challenge our fellow Scandinavians to help improve the osu! community, but most importantly our own. You will be able to participate till Christmas day (December 25) when the prices will be handed out. 13 lucky Scandinavians will each receive a price.

Judges are theowest, Saten and Dolphin. So try to make a good impression on these guys!
Pick the category you want to help improve in and we'll see how well you do.

Categories

1. Dedication (getting lots of achievements and good ranks) make sure to prove that in gameplay related topics, preferably in this forum.
  2. Socializing (forums and chat) Minus points for bad behaviour.
  3. Creativity (mapping and skinning) make sure to post in the creativity related topics, preferably in this forum.
  4. Helpfulness (modding) Create mod queues, post in Skandinavien's Mod queue, etc

Requirements

1. Must have Steam (PC)
  2. Account must be older than a few months, to avoid cheating, multi-accounts, etc. (With exceptions if approved by judges)
  3. Citizen of Sweden, Norway or Denmark. If we suspect you to be of any other country, we'll have to ask you for your ID, language skills, etc.
  4. Not being a troll
  5. You must post at least 50 posts during this contest in the forums to win something.

List of games to win

1. 3 copies of Rochard - from theowest
  2. 1 copy of Cave Story - from theowest
  3. 1 copy of LIMBO - from theowest
  4. 3 osu! supporter tags of 6 months - from Saten
  5. 1 copy of Trine Complete Collection - from Saten
  6. 1 copy of LIMBO - from Dolphin
  7. 1 copy of Crayon Physics Delux - from Dolphin (Thanks 4905ab!)
  8. 1 copy of Castle Crashers - from Dolphin
  9. 1 copy of Swords & Soliders HD - from Dolphin (Thanks 4905ab!)
Total: 13

Got any questions?

Questions & Answers

1. Q: When does it end?
  2. A: Christmas day, December 25th

No more entries!

Off-topic replies to this topic will be removed!
Dolphin
Yay! Finally here after so much planning!

I just want to say a big ~Thank You~ to 4905ab for donating some games to me so I could use for this contest! <3 Lots o' love!

Remember to tell all of your Scandinavian osu! friends about this contest!
If it's proven that you have, plus for you in Helpfulness! :)

And remember if there are any questions you would like to be answered, don't be afraid to leave a reply! We don't bite! <3 (Well might I nob a little)
Saten
I would thank theowest for showing me the Autumn Seal (expired)

I should've thought about this before it was too late. Well I managed to get 1 fun game anyway
I'll also hand out three 6 months supporter tags.
Topic Starter
theowest
Share this contest by adding it to your signature!
[centre][b]Are you from Norway, Denmark or Sweden? Feel free to participate in our contest:
[url=http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/1945936]The Annual Scandinavian Holiday Contest![/url][/b][/centre]

or just tell your Scandinavian osu! friends about it! Don't forget you have to prove your activity somehow.
Kluddio
I'ma be rocking that contest :3
Emaal
I'll be sitting this one out, so that someone else will have a bigger chance of winning.

Good luck to everyone!
Teras
Even if it doesn't make any sense as I prize, but I still have 2 dota2 copies that i can just throw to whoever wins that doesn't have it.
Emaal
When does this end btw?
Failed
I'm in! I also have some Dota 2 Keys, and can also donate osu!supporter.
Dolphin

Emaal wrote:

When does this end btw?
It ends on Christmas Day! :p (as stated in the first post!)
Topic Starter
theowest

Emaal wrote:

I'll be sitting this one out, so that someone else will have a bigger chance of winning.

Good luck to everyone!
Just remember that we currently have a lot more prices than participants!

The Dota 2 keys could work as gift to everyone who participated in the contest. We so far have well over 20 dota 2 keys, so giving those out to people won't be a problem.
Emaal

theowest wrote:

Emaal wrote:

Good luck to everyone!
Just remember that we currently have a lot more prices than participants!

The Dota 2 keys could work as gift to everyone who participated in the contest. We so far have well over 20 dota 2 keys, so giving those out to people won't be a problem.
if you need any prices, i can give out 10 humble bundles 6
MillhioreF
Good luck to all who enter! I've been a bit busy and unmotivated for the past while, so I won't be entering myself, but I'll keep a close eye on this.
Xgor
Bleh, I've been way too inactive and way too busy with irl stuff lately to join this..... kinda want Castle Crashers though.....
Emaal
Meeehh, I'd like to be able to choose 2 options in the last tbh... But yeah, participated anyways~
Topic Starter
theowest
extra points if we see you doing more stuff than what we'd expect.
Dolphin
Funny, because not enough people have participated yet, everyone who did has a 103% of winning. Which is funny. Besides, the earlier you join, the more time we get to judge you for the competition! Especially if you sign up in the Socialization category! :)
Topic Starter
theowest

Dolphin wrote:

Funny, because not enough people have participated yet, everyone who did has a 103% of winning. Which is funny. Besides, the earlier you join, the more time we get to judge you for the competition! Especially if you sign up in the Socialization category! :)
I don't think they're going to win if they don't do anything either.
Dolphin
That's a good point.
Topic Starter
theowest
Alright, new condition. You must post at least 50 posts during this contest in the forums to win something.

reply to emaal, you may now select multiple fields of work.
Emaal

theowest wrote:

Alright, new condition. You must post at least 50 posts during this contest in the forums to win something.

Those 50 posts, is that DURING the competition, or just how much you have posted in total?
Dolphin

Emaal wrote:

theowest wrote:

Those 50 posts, is that DURING the competition, or just how much you have posted in total?
During the contest.
Zerdy
Finland not in here?
Topic Starter
theowest
North Germanic languages only.

You have your own forum to go to 24
and in-game channel: #finnish
CXu
I would totally participate. Except, I don't use/have steam \o/.
Kluddio

CXu wrote:

I would totally participate. Except, I don't use/have steam \o/.
God your missing out on life bro.
show more