forum

[Archived] osu crashes while installing and opening installed game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RezQ123
Problem details:
While downloading Osu! using the newest installer osu crashes with an error that says "System.Exception: Unsigned executable!" So I tried downloading it with an old installer. The older version of installer didn't crash until i tried to open the game after downloading it but video card error appeared that said "Your graphics card does not seem to support shader model 1.1+
I'm just gonna add that my graphics card is nvidia geforce gtx 960. The game didnt crash until i reinstalled my windows yesterday. I think i have all the updates installed.
Death
You are definitely missing Windows updates, that is what causes this error to appear. Please open the updater in the control panel again and hit the "Check for updates" button. It could take a while to find everything, so make sure you give it time to do so.

You probably don't have graphics drivers installed either if you received that other error message with the other installer. Don't use the old installer though, it will put you on an extremely old build with most of its online features disabled anyway.