forum

Do you alternate just for streams, bursts, and stacks, or for everything in a map?

posted
Total Posts

Do you alternate just for streams, bursts, and stacks, or for everything in a map?

Everything in a map
43.48%
Streams, bursts, stacks only
49.13%
I don't alternate at all
7.39%
Total votes: 230
Topic Starter
-ruubi-
Once you vote in the poll, can you reply to why you do this? I wanted to make this because I only alternate for streams, bursts, etc but want to know what other people do.

Edit: Thank you guys for 30 votes so far, this is pretty interesting :)
DeletedUser_4050493
I also alternate when there is double, triplet, stream and when there is 2 note or more in slider end
it's just how I doing it from start and find it comfortable and viable
-Polyrem-
i alternate everything because of ocd
Ryuto
I get problems when alternating I'm jumps and then a stack comes up and I mess up etc.
Endaris
It's just a matter of habit to alternate everything. I started playing like that the moment I discovered you can use keyboard for tapping and it stuck.
Only instance when I use the same finger twice is when I fingerlock very badly and that's more reflexively.
Koribant
I started playing osu using alt for everything, so
Simon12
Dr. Levi, the professional gaming doctor, has said on a stream with HappyStick that using one finger way more than the other is unhealthy for the finger in question.

Not only is it healthier, but it's also way easier to alternate and hit slow, tricky patterns. I feel personally that you can get more finger control out of it. Finger control is rarely an issue for me.

I honestly believe full-alt is the optimal way to click circles in osu.
7ambda
Alt is less control, so be choosy when doing it
clodi
I learned how to single tap starting with either index or middle finger.

I also learned how to alternate everything.

I believe that having both skills in your arsenal is the best of both worlds~
Esutarosa
I generally have a strange play style, on jumps with single tapas sharply on alternate
rbk

-Polyrem- wrote:

i alternate everything because of ocd
if my keypresses aren't equal by the end it's a restart obviously
PalPal
I only alt for triplets and streams
Chiru-kun
i alt everything because i want equal force on my fingers so that it feels consistent. also i can be a bit lightweighted on my taps (though ofc i try not to be lazy in my taps)
Hiiiii5
i used to alternate everything perfectly but playing other game modes ruined it for me :C
now my other finger has like 20 more taps.
Molly Sandera
I started the game with singletapping, but i was hearing stuff about alternating... Like when Dr Levi said it's healthier to alternate, and that in higher diffs you need to learn to alternate anyways because streams and stuff..... So after a week after i started osu! i decided to practice altinv for the first time by playing full alt in the lowest star range..... Soon, i got to the level i was singletapping, but my accuracy improved a bit. With some pretty basic testing, i decided to stay full alt for the rest of my osu! career....

for some reason i am able to acc 98%+ on most 2* maps... But i play 3* now with less accuracy the more difficult it becomes..... And so is my aim... still stuck there after 4 months....
Arcss
I alternate on streams, bursts, and stacks, mainly because i started playing with mouse, and I only use one button on the mouse because alternating on the mouse makes my aim shaky which means that i can't stream.

After awhile I decided that tapping using a keyboard is way easier, and because of my habit on the mouse I only single tap.
I only alternate when i think single tapping is "physically impossible" (for me), hence why i only alternate on streams, bursts, and stacks.

In the case of fast BPM maps I usually alternate because I just can't single tap that fast, but not all of the map only the parts where I think I can't single tap.
ArticZGaming
i alternate for bursts, streams, stacks, but single tap for sliders and jumps
Molly Sandera
Till this day i alternate everything and can easily farm accuracy on pp maps, and even normal 3 minute long maps. Yet to have good enough accuracy for finger control.... but it's definitely better than if i singletapped. Switching between single and Alt seems harder than full alt
YamichanKawaii
I alternate streams, bursts, stacks and 220 bpm+ circles that I cant singletap
nature
I alternate when jumps are too fast to single tap, as well as on bursts/streams.
show more