forum

FingerLocking all the time

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rance_Bear
whenever i stream i always finger lock, i can do long maps on 4* but when it comes to the streams i get held back and my fingers lock, i'm using a laptop keyboard by the way, and buying a mechanical keyboard is not on the list of what i can buy, cant buy it becuz of limitations like parents and money,

i want to know if there is any solution or practices for this because i played on the mobile ver of osu and i can stream and do 7* maps on it yet here on the desktop its really hard
Petal
Post in the "Gameplay & Rankings" forum and people would be able to help in a better way, "Help" is for technical issues.
Choosecake
Players like FGSky proved that playing on a laptop keyboard is not a problem at all.
Streams are one of the most complicated elements in the game, and it's really hard to master.
Osu! is more of a mental game than physical (although you can't go nowhere without the these two aspects), so maybe the problem is not on you fingers/keyboard at all. It's in the way you are looking at streams.
Try to break them into various triples, or try seeing them as a bunch of single notes and alternate between them. Don't looks at streams as just a single big pattern.
Also, don't forget about the basics. Osu! is about clicking the circles when your cursor is over them, and streaming requires you to focus on your cursor's position and movement as much as on your tapping. Unlike jumps which requires you to quickly snap between notes, streaming is done by just flowing or floating your cursor on top of those sequel notes.
There are a bunch of streaming practice maps that should help you, but in general try to apply these other ways of looking at streams, and it should help you :>

Never forget to enjoy the game :3
Topic Starter
Rance_Bear

Choosecake wrote:

Players like FGSky proved that playing on a laptop keyboard is not a problem at all.
Streams are one of the most complicated elements in the game, and it's really hard to master.
Osu! is more of a mental game than physical (although you can't go nowhere without the these two aspects), so maybe the problem is not on you fingers/keyboard at all. It's in the way you are looking at streams.
Try to break them into various triples, or try seeing them as a bunch of single notes and alternate between them. Don't looks at streams as just a single big pattern.
Also, don't forget about the basics. Osu! is about clicking the circles when your cursor is over them, and streaming requires you to focus on your cursor's position and movement as much as on your tapping. Unlike jumps which requires you to quickly snap between notes, streaming is done by just flowing or floating your cursor on top of those sequel notes.
There are a bunch of streaming practice maps that should help you, but in general try to apply these other ways of looking at streams, and it should help you :>

Never forget to enjoy the game :3
Thx! ill definitely try this and see if it stops or makes me stream a little better :)