forum

How will 144hz monitor help me if I played with 60hz for a long time

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yukizie
i used to play 60hz in all games. now i'm going to buy 144hz monitor for osu. i'd like to know advantages and disadvantages.
DeletedUser_4050493
for Standard it's just feels like buttery smooth compared to 60hz
for Taiko it's make the note not stuttering especially in high BPM
for Mania it's really helped me in high scroll speed sightreading
Choosecake
I don't think there are disadvantages.
There is nothing that can be done on 144hz that can't be done on 60hz. If you can't play on 60, 144 won't make you better.
It makes the game a lot smoother, clean and overall good to look at. It feels good to play, and can help you to read ar9+ and ar10+, but only if you have the skills required.
DeletedUser_4050493

Choosecake wrote:

I don't think there are disadvantages.
There is nothing that can be done on 144hz that can't be done on 60hz. If you can't play on 60, 144 won't make you better.
It makes the game a lot smoother, clean and overall good to look at. It feels good to play, and can help you to read ar9+ and ar10+, but only if you have the skills required.
1. 144hz needs more power to utilize which means increase in electricity bill (not sure if it's noticeable increase) and more powerful GPU (especially to run 144fps at 3D games)
2. be sure that ur 144hz monitor and ur gpu have the right port to display 144hz (after I change my GPU, my new GPU use DP & HDMI port, but my monitor need DVI-D for 144hz @1080p and have older HDMI Port that can only display max 60hz @1080p)
3. switching back to 60hz will be noticeably / looks choppy after trying high refresh rate monitor