forum

[Archived] Not being #1 while replay proves that my score is highest

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Neptune
So, it's about this map: viewtopic.php?t=32024&start=&&

If you check easy, you'll notice my #4 score, I watched it and I noticed that the replay makes me #1 with the highest score. Though, in the score list it shows that I only have 163k, while replay proves i get 170k+ which makes me #1

How is this even possible and can it be fixed?

Neptune
MillhioreF
The replay is over a year old. My best guess is that the spinners behaved slightly differently back then, making it appear that you spun faster in the replay than you actually did.

In any case, the score on the scoreboard is your real score, no matter what the replay shows. I have a couple of scores where the replay gave me a different ending accuracy and score than what it actually was, myself.
TheVileOne
I was here when that map was ranked. The spinners have changed very little since 2010. osu was still spinning at 472 spm. Why would peppy make spinners worth less points since 2010?
MillhioreF
He wouldn't, but it's possible the input was changed somewhat so that the spinner registered the replay as spinning faster than it actually did. It's just a wild guess though, I'm not sure how the replay desynced so much.
Saten
I have a replay like that. But the actual score was lower when I played
The replay showed that I got 1k extra bonus from a spinner while in reality I never got that extra bonus..
Winshley

Saten wrote:

I have a replay like that. But the actual score was lower when I played
The replay showed that I got 1k extra bonus from a spinner while in reality I never got that extra bonus..
The 1k difference is not really an issue, else I would have complained much about it as I had that often. :P

EDIT: September 2011... That shouldn't be old enough. Weird.
Saten
Well what I mean is that the result is more accurate than the actual replay
Your case might be different though, I'm not sure anymore