forum

You know you're an otaku when...

posted
Total Posts
show more
Moriya Suwako
My wallpapers are from animes that I love. :)
Imitation...well yes I love it very much. ;)
-Kasugano Sora-
- you skip school/work and lock yourself up in your room just to watch anime and/or read manga, VN
- you already chose watching anime, reading manga or VN over hanging out with "friends"
- you are only emotionally alive when watching anime, reading manga, VN, and get apathetic in the real life
- you are only attracted to the 2D world, as well as not interested in 3D girls anymore
- you refer to girls in real life as 3D girls, and reality as 3D world
- you start saying things in Japanese unintentionally
- you can only communicate with other people if it involves anime, manga, VN
- you often make anime references when talking to someone
- you have to read aloud in class, and you accidentally read it from right to left
- you see a maid in real life and wonder where her cat ears are
- you have to write an essay, you try to come up with something that's related to anime
- you know that the plural form of anime is anime, and of manga is manga
- you have a problem, you think "what would XY do..?" (XY=favourite character from anime, manga, visual novel)
- you know more about an anime character than your family
- you've spent more money on anime, manga, VN than on your other stuffs combined
- you stop seeing anime and manga not as a hobby but a life style
- you're about to go to bed, you say "just one more episode", but end up finishing the whole thing
- you actually bother reading everything I've just written, and realize that you're an otaku
Shiro_Hane
When you actually listening t0 all kinds 0f jp0p songs!!! and watching anime reading Japanese magazine,manga :)
Plushies
You cut your spending on necessities as much as possible to buy expensive figurines and other related merchandise.
TsunLemon

-Kasugano Sora- wrote:

- you skip school/work and lock yourself up in your room just to watch anime and/or read manga, VN
- you already chose watching anime, reading manga or VN over hanging out with "friends"
- you are only emotionally alive when watching anime, reading manga, VN, and get apathetic in the real life
- you are only attracted to the 2D world, as well as not interested in 3D girls anymore
- you refer to girls in real life as 3D girls, and reality as 3D world
- you start saying things in Japanese unintentionally
- you can only communicate with other people if it involves anime, manga, VN
- you often make anime references when talking to someone
- you have to read aloud in class, and you accidentally read it from right to left
- you see a maid in real life and wonder where her cat ears are
- you have to write an essay, you try to come up with something that's related to anime
- you know that the plural form of anime is anime, and of manga is manga
- you have a problem, you think "what would XY do..?" (XY=favourite character from anime, manga, visual novel)
- you know more about an anime character than your family
- you've spent more money on anime, manga, VN than on your other stuffs combined
- you stop seeing anime and manga not as a hobby but a life style
- you're about to go to bed, you say "just one more episode", but end up finishing the whole thing
- you actually bother reading everything I've just written, and realize that you're an otaku
I fit everything except the one I made bold, because I can also communicate a lot by complaining about the 3D world =_=
iantanye
weeaboo losers
arvin0494
when you started collecting their pictures
KinkiN
when you know that you open an anime related website everyday

P.S : osu! is anime related too, isn't it?
Yumih
  1. You spend your whole vacation watching animes
  2. You don't know anything about the new trends out there :D
  3. You don't like when people say something wrong about your favorite anime/manga/character
  4. Most of your profile picture are from an anime/manga, you don't usually use your own photo
Kyonko Hizara
Some of the things here sound more weeaboo than otaku
js
ErikKazuya
• You play anime games or simular or play eroges like monster girl quest....
Elit3noob
when you argue on and on about all the low points of many anime that you have watched
Jeroen Mathon

jeanpotsxd wrote:

You know you're an otaku when...
  1. You use Japanese phrases and terms in your daily life.
  2. Your wallpaper or ringtone is from an anime/manga.
  3. You have a manga/anime character as your crush, boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife.
  4. You imitate a manga/anime character, you even own some of their things.
  5. You cried because of deaths and tragic lives of manga/anime characters.
  6. You know about manga/anime characters more than people around you.
  7. You crave for food you see in manga/anime. *cough* Pocky *cough* Ramen *cough*
That's all I can think of right now. Feel free to add your ideas (:
I think you forgot"when you watch Anime until your eyes hurt and then switch over to Manga."
I gained that from personal experience don't try it tough it hurts a lot! :D
Rio-
- When 1/3 of My HardDisk got Filled with Anime
- When 95 % of My osu! Beatmaps is japanese
- When I have Figma/Nendoroid
[patche]
When you want a contract from Kyubey to fulfill your wish to see your husbando/waifu.
Rio-

[patche] wrote:

When you want a contract from Kyubey to fulfill your wish to see your husbando/waifu.
You need to become A Mahou-Shoujo first before fulfill Your wish, AND Not Sure If You still Alive or not before Your wish is fullfilled? XD
[patche]

satriobp wrote:

[patche] wrote:

You need to become A Mahou-Shoujo first before fulfill Your wish, AND Not Sure If You still Alive or not before Your wish is fullfilled? XD
I'm pretty sure I'll be dead before my wish shall be fulfilled!
Kobold
When your Facebook/Twitter has an anime character for your profile picture.
zaikenilen
-when you keep repeating the phrase "oh just one more episode and ill be done...." in your head but you never do it until you reach the end of the series.

and then you go to another anime and repeat the same thing again....
Yukari Tsuki
~ when your friends have to tell you to shut up because everything that comes out of your mouth is otaku.
~ when you actually find an otaku shop and you feel like buying everything in the store.
~ when you accidently start using Japanese words and phrases out loud and in your thoughts.
~ when you often back sass people in Japanese.
~ when you tell yourself "last episode I promise!" and 5 hours later your still watching the stuff.
~ when the people in anime/manga look hot and everyone in reality is ugly.
~ when you find yourself constantly debating which anime world you would rather live in.
~ when you have to remember that reading is normally left to right not right to left.
~ when you start considering the possibility that the world might end because there weren't enough mahou shoujo around to protect it.
~ when you only know the lyrics to openings/endings/OST's.
~ when your phone has an opening/ending ringtone.
~ when your room from floor to ceiling is covered in anything anime/manga.
~ when you find that your best friends have to be an otaku to or things aren't going to work out.
~ when you hope that one day you'll fall down a rabbit hole and end up trapped in your favorite anime forever.