forum

Retrieving data... [confirmed] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Saten
This issue has been here since the new osu!-irc linking got implemented

This only seem to happen when logging into irc after you logged into osu!
Relog from osu fixes this

For those who already saw your status before that will freeze on the current status
If you relog, you will see the non-stop "Retrieving data..."

It doesn't seem to happen immediately anyway.
TheVileOne
Has been happening longer than that IMO.
(I don't use IRC and it happens)
Sometimes users just get stuck on retrieving data. My theory is that high latency on my end screws up the transfer of data, and then bancho just gives up after awhile and it gets stuck at retrieving data.
Topic Starter
Saten
It's the user (theowest in this case) that uses irc while being logged in on osu! as well

Flanster
When im moderating on irc newnewurban used to tell me my panel kept getting stuck on Retrieving data...
It happens regularly but its not something big, its just a bit annoying overtime :D
Topic Starter
Saten
Also, it's not possible to spectate when in that state.

I was told to spectate someone, but I couldn't because of the status being frozen.

Of course if you relog in-game, the status will fix it self. But it's the other way around, it'll freeze
Yes, you can be forever idle/afk for some without them knowing the actual status.
TheVileOne
This happened earlier today.
deadbeat
yeah. i noticed that theo often has that Retrieving data on his user panel instead of idle or w/e ._.
Andrea
This is really annoying to see, I hope someone will fix that.
James
is the problem like this? i always get it since few days ago lol

peppy
I think I found the cause of this: It only happens if the IRC user changes their username after connecting. The fix will be up next bancho build (tomorrow?) but i'd be interested in anyone testing this before then.
Topic Starter
Saten
Sure, I can do that

But I'll need someone to confirm my status as well
peppy
Tested with saten and seems to be the cause. Will be resolved next bancho restart :).
James
i dont use IRC though
Topic Starter
Saten
It's a different issue then o:

Maybe the bancho update will solve this?
XPJ38
Don't know if this is related, but well...

When clicking on somebody's name in a chat (someone that isn't visible in the user panels list, this is important), there's an infinite "Retrieving Data..." instead of regular information.

Trying to make the user panel of this player visible in the user panels list (with a search for example) will load the correct information...

...then, if you once again click on his name in the chat, there is no "Retrieving Data" anymore.

Bug?
Topic Starter
Saten

XPJ38 wrote:

Don't know if this is related, but well...

When clicking on somebody's name in a chat (someone that isn't visible in the user panels list, this is important), there's an infinite "Retrieving Data..." instead of regular information.

Trying to make the user panel of this player visible in the user panels list (with a search for example) will load the correct information...

...then, if you once again click on his name in the chat, there is no "Retrieving Data" anymore.

Bug?
Did you try this with other users as well?
I tried on 10 different users and it only occured once.
XPJ38
Yes, and it happened with every user I clicked on.

I just found out that this behaviour appears quite randomly...
I restarted osu! a first time: information is correctly loaded.
A second time: the bug came back with every user.
A third time: back to normal.

This is weird.

edit: I noticed that when everything is working correctly, if I change the new user filter (to "All" for example), the bug comes back, without the need of restarting.
Topic Starter
Saten
I guess it's a different issue, unless it have something to with osu!+irc nick-changes, or a side-effect from the bancho update which is unlikely.

iirc, this happened before the fix as well.
XPJ38
Yeah, I am not sure if I should create a new topic for this?
Topic Starter
Saten
You should.
You had great examples on how to replicate it and so.

Though the issue itself isn't such a big deal.
James
im still having problems with this. but now i am also getting "connectioned timed out" message
Topic Starter
Saten
The "Retrieving data..." issue existed somewhere back when the nickname restriction got implemented, which was several months ago.

I don't think it's the same issue, since it happened to you quite recently.

It might be something with your connection/firewall settings perhaps.
James
prolly not my firewall since it is already excluded with both of my firewall and antivirus ever since. also, im using the same ISP when i start playing osu! 4 years ago. so its prolly not possible that the problem is on my end.