forum

Is big black a tech map?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
999kalel999
i just want to know if the beatmap big black is a tech map or not because im curious
Zelzatter Zero
No it's not.

To know if a map is tech map, you have to at least learn the fundamentals first. Anyway tech map focus mainly on aesthetic and song representation. Slider velocity is being pushed to the limit, there are lots of sliders with variety of shapes and sliderart throughout the song. Even song choice needs to be EDM or songs that you would hear in rhythm games.

Also, considering The Big Black was made in the era when the first tech map wasn't even exist, I don't really think so.
Flanster
meme map
BillyBaka
yeah zero made the point , big black came out at an era where "tech map" definition was not even a thing. so no

for myself id call it stream / burst map. its a bit unique like lots of maps in that era and sometimes harder to describe, and maps in that era was not made for pp but for pleasure of playing , which we miss a bit these days, theres exeptions, but.... idk it just became a classic with the help of some famous plays on it.
Corne2Plum3
The big black isn't created only to be a HARD map (aspire map too?)??
qwt
no
Nuuskamuikkunen

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

The big black isn't created only to be a HARD map (aspire map too?)??
Aspire didn't even exist at that time.
Yukizie
yes it is
PalPal
yes it's not
Zelzatter Zero

Yukizie wrote:

yes it is
I hope this is a joke... Because Big Black is nowhere near tech maps
Boku No Rainbow
Tech i feel is more of a scale and not a yes or no.

Either way, "big black" isn't really hard to read, and the sliders aren't hard to understand compared to other maps of the same star rating.

Tbh if you wanna give it a "type" i'd go for aim map.
DeletedUser_5153421
I personally think it is, but that's just because I think of 'tech' map as requiring many techniques. The square pattern is already really hard to master, and they add kick sliders to that. And there's some 1/4 jumps and lots of 1/8 reverse sliders. And also I just remember, kickstreams. So I would say yeah.
axelixiya
This is a meme map
Shadow__Breaker
‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎
Altai
Is the Big Black mapped in osu I love that song me and my friend dovious plonda have always wanted it ranked in osu
Zelzatter Zero

Shadow__Breaker wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

No it's not.

To know if a map is tech map, you have to at least learn the fundamentals first. Anyway tech map focus mainly on aesthetic and song representation. Slider velocity is being pushed to the limit, there are lots of sliders with variety of shapes and sliderart throughout the song. Even song choice needs to be EDM or songs that you would hear in rhythm games.

Also, considering The Big Black was made in the era when the first tech map wasn't even exist, I don't really think so.
So what's the first ever tech map?
This one.
779 621 839
if big black is a tech map the most old maps are also tech maps

i dont think big black is a tech map but it is pretty weird to play
illyTheKid
Tech enough for me
Simon12
It's an alt-map that requires relatively good finger control on some parts.
It has some tricky patterns to read that are also considered a bit dense (AR-wise) at least by today's standards.

That's why I think it really depends on your definition and interpretation of what a technical map is and isn't.

I personally have a hard time calling it one or the other because it feels like it is something in-between of everything and it's not what most people think about when they hear "tech map", me included.

The map was made in 2011, it uses a very old map style. Not exactly your modern-day tech map.
I think it would make sense to call it an old-style technical map.
Because of the difficult aspects to it that I mentioned earlier in my post.