forum

ModDivider in BonusScore calculation does nothing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Adyrem
I looked into the calculation of mania scores and noticed that hidden is supposed to have a ModDivider value of 1.06 on this page:
help/wiki/Game_Modes/osu!mania#score
This is different from the ModMultiplier, which i know does nothing except for HT/NF/EZ.

I was always told that hidden does nothing, so i decided to create a small test map.
The map consists of only 3 notes and I hit MAX, then 100, then MAX again with nomod, DT and HD.
The 100 was supposed to reduce the Bonus variable, the reduction depending slightly on the mod used.
The 100 was hit in the middle, because i do not know if the bonus is changed before or after the bonus is applied.

As you can see, the scores are exactly the same for all mods, although DT and HD should have a higher score, due to the Bonus variable being slightly higher.

I did the same for ScoreV2 and the mods had the same score(487746 if relevant) aswell.

Is the wiki just wrong/not up to date or did i do something wrong in my test?
Full Tablet
When I tested this years ago, the scores did differ according to the differences in the mod divider factor. Now I tested it again, and there is no difference between mods.

It seems like they removed the mod divider factor at some point (my guess is that happened when they rewrote the scoring formulas to avoid rounding issues).