forum

Ability to get rid of "Last Known As:" on Profile [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +16
Topic Starter
P3RXG
This would be a good feauture (:
pixeldesu
Why do you want to get rid of that?
It only helps to get found by people who might know your old nickname, there is no need to get rid of it.

No support.
Failed
support
+2 stars
Saten
No
You should have a valid reason for that :V
theowest
yeah, there should be a pretty good reason behind doing that. I think you should ask an admin if you want it removed.
Alpha Kitten
friendok, nuff said.
Nessuka
Should have a 1 year expiry date.
theowest

Ijah wrote:

that's a good idea
she_old
Meh I like to see people's old names to sometimes make fun of them.
Aurele

TechnikaFlash wrote:

Why do you want to get rid of that?
It only helps to get found by people who might know your old nickname, there is no need to get rid of it.

No support.
Has Ijah said, an expiring date of 1 year. After one year, I'm pretty sure all your friends recognized you.

To be honest, I would give infinite star to this.
Aquamarine
Would love this, but unfortunately don't see it happening.

Ijah wrote:

+1
Vmx

Ijah wrote:

XPJ38
What about people who do a break for more than one year then come back and find that their friendlist is filled with unknown names without any mentions of their previous names?
Saten
There are still people that doesn't believe me when I tell them that I'm the same person as Saten-san when they play my older maps lol

Then again some doesn't even check my profile :lol:

XPJ38 wrote:

What about people who do a break for more than one year then come back and find that their friendlist is filled with unknown names without any mentions of their previous names?
Exactly!

Therefore you should have a real good reason for that.
Hanyuu
i think its a good idea because people change their names because of a reason an showing that in profile is kind of weird and exposing
Saten
Please note that there are people who doesn't want that

http://osu.ppy.sh/u/Ranked

Approach an admin if you really want it gone.
Anzo

theowest wrote:

Ijah wrote:

that's a good idea
^THIS
Topic Starter
P3RXG
It's just a idea I would like (:
Deni

Saten wrote:

Approach an admin if you really want it gone.
I did a few weeks ago.

Derekku wrote:

That line only gets removed when someone reverts back to their old nickname, sorry!
Saten
As I feared

Reverting back to the old username and then change it back (no re-reverting) works too
Though a bit messy, and I don't think they want to use that method.

Such things are logged afaik

Only peppy can do it without any workarounds

But to give the admins the ability to do so might be an solution
This shouldn't be abused.
Kuro
No support :(

How are people supposed to find the "new" me if they can't search for the "old" me?
Winshley
>"Unknown Name To Me" has online
>Me thinks: "I never recall befriending with this person..." and goes to check his/her profile
>Profile written as "Previously known as A Familiar Name To Me"
>Now I know who this is~

I had that instance 3 times already. So yeah, no support at all, even including the expiring thing (because what if I haven't played for a year...?)

This is partly the reason why Derekku doesn't allow us to do name change request again unless it's a minor change or whatever.
Ameko
Star~ :3
Btw I think that It will be better to make ability to get rid of "Last Known As", just if you want :3
Just make a button "delete last name tab" o w o
Anyways it's a good idea, because ppl who doesn't want to delete this tab can just don't do it xD
FurukawaPan

Ijah wrote:

Dexus
How about just another option when you go to choose your new nickname to get rid of the old one, or an option to hide your old one that way it's not permanently gone? Or just give a 1 year expiration date OPTION when you go to request a new nickname with which you can cancel at any time.

options
ReVeNg3r

FurukawaPan wrote:

Ijah wrote:

no

Saten wrote:

you should have a real good reason for that.
...and what you do when you make your account?you didn't even know that you can change it.so it should be as you decided to when you make your acc.

Sorry for english, i hope you get the point.
Nanika133
Of course, it's a problem that people won't reconise you. But let's imagine that you were young and you've choose a stupid name (like §w@g N1g4), so if my name was really stupid, I won't have to open a new account which involve to beat your old best scores (Sorry for the bad english).
ReVeNg3r

Nanika133 wrote:

Of course, it's a problem that people won't reconise you. But let's imagine that you were young and you've choose a stupid name (like §w@g N1g4), so if my name was really stupid, I won't have to open a new account which involve to beat your old best scores (Sorry for the bad english).
but then why you choose stupid name?because you are stupid and easygoing, i dont wanna be like a fuck but in other games you cant even rename yourself .when i'm making new account i reconsider what name i really want.but if you are easygoing then deal with it, and learn from it.
H_Hitachiin
I would personally keep it. :?
Kyonko Hizara
I support if you have a valid reason to get rid of it
Like mine since it's almost the exact same thing as my one now :U
Winshley

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

I support if you have a valid reason to get rid of it
Like mine since it's almost the exact same thing as my one now :U
Valid reason indeed...

Still, I believe this should be done by admins only.
ReVeNg3r

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

if you have a valid reason to get rid of it
then pm an admin, one will obviously help you
also i saw somewhere topic about changing name but can't find in which section is it. so there you can change something like big letters, "i" to "y", numbers and similar stuff.
Winshley

ReVeNg3r wrote:

also i saw somewhere topic about changing name but can't find in which section is it.
It was here, but locked. On that thread, Derekku is telling everyone to PM him the request instead.
Topic Starter
P3RXG
Meow!
Ephemeral
There's a reason this exists, and is only removed by request under extraordinary circumstances.