forum

Relax Mod Discussion / post your relaxed records!

posted
Total Posts

Biggest reason you don't play relax?

Never considered it
17.09%
Don't know good maps for it
4.76%
Afraid that it will ruin snapping ability
13.17%
Other (post)
3.36%
None, I play it
61.62%
Total votes: 357
Topic Starter
Aqo
Most people probably never considered playing Relax, I've even seen people who replace its icon with blank.png in their skin; but due to not being able to play on midnights due to the nasty combination of mech keyboard and other residents in the house who try to actually get some sleep at 1AM - decided to start playing around with Relax and it turns out to be really fun.

So, what's your reason if you've never used it? I've seen people who say playing Relax hurts their snapping and makes them worse at jumps in the main play mode, but while I think that's true for flowable maps, playing relax on jump maps does /help/ snapping and not hurt it (at least, from my experience). Or alternatively you learn to flow on Atama Nogard and on kirby mixes, that kinda works too if you have good click accuracy.

One of the "thing"s with Relax is that it's only fun on some maps. So use this thread to discuss your thoughts on Relax, as well as post plays on it (since there are no real rankings for Relax, compete by trying to beat other people's relax plays. It's also a good way to share maps that are fun for Relax!)

So, lets start~

I hope this thread encourages other people to also try out Relax. It's fun! (and if enough people start using it maybe the feature request to display miss and accuracy during the play would get more attention... it's really needed. For autopilot too but that's already outside of the scope of this thread)
Kanye West
I like relax mod, it's a fun break from actually trying to rank stuff. That said, it bothers me how it doesn't show your combo, accuracy, score, or indicate misses.
VelperK
JappyBabes
Any DF Lesjuh map w/ DT is fun.
Topic Starter
Aqo

Kanye West wrote:

it bothers me how it doesn't show your combo, accuracy, score, or indicate misses.
this

it would be soooo much better if it showed accuracy+combo+score live. Already learned to spot misses based on whether the circle pops or not on low speeds (below 350bpm) but being able to see the miss sprite would help a ton.
winber1

Kanye West wrote:

it bothers me how it doesn't show your combo, accuracy, score, or indicate misses.
i've been wanting to make a feature request for it, but i think somewhere people were like, "but relax is supposed to relax you and so you aren't supposed to see anything except the notes," which in my opinion is dumb because that does not make it anymore relaxed than playing relax with the elements.

but i still play relax just for the lulz sometimes to DT random shit that physically impossible to do.
GoldenWolf

winber1 wrote:

but i still play relax just for the lulz sometimes to DT random shit that physically impossible to do.
Like this ? :p
Not my best run, but I didn't found my others screens orz
bwross

Kanye West wrote:

That said, it bothers me how it doesn't show your combo, accuracy, score, or indicate misses.
This is exactly why I don't play Relax or Autopilot.
CXu
Four Dimensions + Relax = Win.

Also, you'll save yourself the problem of not knowing when you miss if you actually have hit300's (and hitsounds) :p
[Luanny]
I usually play more with relax than nomod because I like jumps and high bpm maps but I suck at streaming
I will post something here later~
DeathXHunter

VelperK wrote:

Let me HL this guy http://osu.ppy.sh/u/deathxhunter
Hi.I play relax now for a month or so in CtB and it`s more fun to me than the normal CtB atm. lol There are only 2 things that sucks: The score calculating with spinners,especially in multiplayer when a bad spin makes you loose even if you fc`ed and the other has like 10 misses and that the recs aren`t saved on local ranking.

Here one of my recs today ~
bwross

winber1 wrote:

i've been wanting to make a feature request for it, but i think somewhere people were like, "but relax is supposed to relax you and so you aren't supposed to see anything except the notes," which in my opinion is dumb because that does not make it anymore relaxed than playing relax with the elements.
I did make a request for Relax/Autopilot to actually work with No Fail/Sudden Death (No Fail would give the current behaviour). It was invalidated, and the only result from it was that NF/SD are no longer selectable with them (they were at the time, they just didn't have any effect).
Topic Starter
Aqo
It's cool to see that there's many people who do play with Relax :D awesome
CXu: seeing 300s still doesn't really help to spot miss on maps with many stacking... not being able to see miss makes this more stressing than relaxing

anybody here knows how to pass this map? Those streamjumps give me a ton of trouble >.<
GoldenWolf
http://puu.sh/1tPZL This is so hard lol
God_old_1
This one is fun with dt :3
Laharl
Sooooooo god-like.
Allas
ryza
Yarissa
I play relax, but I try not too mostly because you can't really practice your timing very well. You can practice your snapping timing or your movement timing but not your click timing. That handicap alone makes it way easier to play relax than it is to play no mod.

I love relax anyways because I get to challenge myself with fast and jumpy maps without worrying about hitting every other stream. That being said, I use relax with double time/ hd and hr/ hd all the time on maps that can't be cleared with those mods. Unless you're cookiezi of course.

If I need to polish my movements, relax is a good resource. Likewise, if I need to polish my streaming, auto pilot is great as well. But why use these mods when you can just learn it all at once? I think it would be more tedious to learn to combine the streaming and movements after learning them separately.
winber1
yeee,
too bad relax makes me look noob :(
Nitori
I play Relax when I have a tough time passing some hard maps. It reminds me that cursor movement really isn't difficult, it just seems that way when coupled with streams and complicated rhythms. It really is a relaxing mod. :)
Topic Starter
Aqo
new self record on big black
wrist...

anybody has better records on this? need to know how far to aim before I get permanent damage to my arm

some other meaningless(?) records:
-Soba-
theowest
Here's a reason why people don't play with it.

It's not ranked
and even if it was, it would never give you much points.
Lybydose
relax is harder than nomod
Topic Starter
Aqo

Lybydose wrote:

I think you mean autopilot?

Altho RelaxDT really is harder than nomod :d
-Soba-

Lybydose wrote:

i like you ;D