forum

[osu!standard] wac - neu by Nakagawa-Kanon

posted
Total Posts

Should wac - neu by Nakagawa-Kanon be Loved?

Yes
93.36%
No
6.64%
Total votes: 211
Polling ended
Topic Starter
clayton
Main thread: [osu!standard] Project Loved: May 2020

wac - neu by Nakagawa-Kanon
190 BPM, 11:35 | 6.26★

Captain's description (by DigitalHypno):
Sure, osu! is a rhythm game and all, but how many maps are there where you're really playing for the music? This is a completed map from 2012 of the full 11-minute version of neu, a song that is well known within the osu! community. The song features intense streamy sections separated by long calm sections, and the middle of the song quickly shuffles through many other songs from Pop'n Music, the source game of this song. If you're here for the music, this map is surely here to help you stay.

Please use this thread to discuss why you believe this map should or should not enter the Loved category!
DeletedUser_6782024
Here is a small thread that I wanna use to briefly introduce this song to you guys.[SPOILER WARNING]

Neu(Genre: Niente), first appeared in pop’n music 15 ADVENTURE, was composed by wac and sung by our Yuu Tokiwa, which is an ironic duo that also has done their wonderful work in Shounen Ripples. There are several different remixed short versions of neu as different charts in pop’n music & jubeat, each mashing a different song up in the beginning. The character of neu is Hatena, as known as “?”. He is the spirit of one of the main characters in pop’n music, MZD, which usually doesn’t exist as any figure everlastingly. Thus, the different remixes to neu could be looked as a metaphor to the flexibility of Hatena.

As for this long version, wac arranged all versions of neu into the beginning, and puts most of his music contributed to BEMANI in the middle of the song. In the ending of this part, a male vocal sings “The world is over, who said such foolish? anything doesn’t change after all.” Then the whole song sinks into silence. After a while, if you turn your volume as high as possible you would be able to hear “moon_child” starting to play. Later, uən, first appeared in pop’n music Portable 2, starts to play. And after that it comes the end, the kiai part of neu plays once again. This is how the 12 minutes of this long version of neu are formed.

Neu tells a story about doomsday: On one bright Monday morning, you overslept, then the world ended without harbinger. What left to you is a small radio playing music which human beings in the past created, in these songs you might find the rebirth of the world but it finally ends again. In the order of Neu -> Various Songs -> uən -> Neu, neu represents Niente, uən represents RINASCITA, which are also the genre they take. Something interesting to mention: The “Hello? Tomorrow?Going well?Any luck?” Part in uən also appears in Ensemble(or Ensamble) forecast 3/28, which is also in wac’s album “Ongaku”(Music) as well as this long version of neu.

Thanking for reading this long! If you have gained any interest in pop’n music I would be really happy to know that.
Mismagius
Yes
Catzzye
Holy crap!! I LOVE neu!!! A 12 minute version?! This is sooo good!!!
dong
best osu beatmap of all time (not exaggerating)
Topic Starter
clayton
ooo thnx for the history ritsu. I was wondering what was up with this song because it's got quite a few remixes and two different "long versions" listed on remywiki
RLC
omg
Willy
Actually one of my favorite maps of all time. Good to see it's finally getting some of the love it's always deserved.
Topic Starter
clayton
This map passed the voting! It will be moved to Loved soon.