forum

[Archived] Cursor delay/lag

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Enzo_old
Hello, i've started to play osu! again recently, and i noticed that my cursor is delaying/lagging a bit.

I am currently using those settings and the cursor seems to delay a bit

Windows Pointer precision turned off (from control panel) even in game it's turned off
TabletOS Option in game is checked
Windows Aero is off, i'm currently using Windows classic (as Aero makes the cursor delay a bit)
Unlimited Framerate, and i'm playing osu with 1024x768 windowed.
Full Area without forced proportions

Therefore, i've started to having this issue only this month, in october i had no problems with the cursor delay, my old config was with the pointer precision and windows basic on.. then the rest was the same, only osu! resolution changes (1440x900 instead of 1024x768)
badvial
Sometimes it depends on how good of a computer rig you have.

For example, if you have a single core CPU with an a Inter-graded graphics card, the game will run at like 20-40fps. Therefore you get input lag.

If this is not the case.
Try this if you are on windows 7.

Start>right click computer>properties>top left it will say Advanced system settings-click that>hardware tab> performance- click settings>adjust for best performance.

This will change your computer to look like windows 98... Even though it looks ugly. It takes stress off the gpu and therefore gives you less lag and a fast input.

If this does not fix the problem. It is probably because of your computer. Or your using a 5-10ms tv/monitor xD

Good Luck.
Topic Starter
Enzo_old
@Mor:
I have a quad-core intel i7 930 CPU, and a HD5770 1GB. I''m currently using Windows Classic (The 98-theme like).. and the monitor's response time is 2ms..
P3RXG
Turn your Renderer to: OpenGL
Checkmark: Low-End PC < Helps Lots!
Hope this helps (:
badvial

Enzo wrote:

@Mor:
I have a quad-core intel i7 930 CPU, and a HD5770 1GB. I''m currently using Windows Classic (The 98-theme like).. and the monitor's response time is 2ms..
Have you monitored your fps while playing Osu!? Does it hover around 500-1000fps? If so its not Osu! It is something to do with windows 7/8.

Some times this occurs when your ram is turning slow due to being used so frequently. When I say ram, I mean ram on the GPU. And yes changing it to OpenGL might help due to it uses slightly less resources than Direct X.
Topic Starter
Enzo_old
I can get around 2000-2600 FPS :| that's weird
LucasEsCool
The same thing happened with me and idk how solve that issue.
Death
Please make a new thread instead of bumping one that is 6 years old.