forum

[Archived] Osu!mania 8k only bugs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Big and Busty
I really like playing 8k but I have found quite a huge annoyance in osu!mania. It's related to key bindings and colours, please take a look at two screenshots below.

I am using a default skin and key bindings.

1. - - a converted 8k only map and here is the link. Name - "Carmen Toreador".

It uses; asdf jkl; buttons by default and also it has wpwp pwpw(w - white, p - pink) pattern.

OR

Any standard map forced to have 8k

2. - - also a converted 8k only map and the url is the same as in 1. Name - "Out Law".

It uses; left shift sdf [space] jkl and patterns are y wpw p wpw.

The problem here is that if you take any osu!standard map and force 8k on it you have to use the key bindings and colour pattern from 1.
while the correct bindings and patterns are from 2. I am not quite sure how these differences occur; I couldn't find anything particular in songs' setups.
woc2006
Do you mean key bindings are not what you want?
Try change binging style in option->input
jemhuntr
no, the color patterns for osu!mania are weird.
[Dellirium]

woc2006 wrote:

We can't change all key bindings every case we want to play 8K. There should be better way to do it.

I use SDF - Space - NumPad456 keys in 7K mode, but when I try to play 8K, it looks like ASDF, Space, NumPad56 (where is 4?), and one more key I don't understand which is.
Topic Starter
Big and Busty

woc2006 wrote:

Please, reread my post ;_;
I believe the explanation is sufficient enough. 8k is supposed to have a special key, I showed it on my screenshot. And the binding are supposed to be same as 7k + extra button, f.e. "shift". For not it is not working the way it should...
[Dellirium]
Wow, I've just played 8K and it's much better now!
But still I can't use the same key bindings because I can't have 1st and a special key on the same button (1st key is used only in 8K mode and the space one aren't)