forum

Turning off the failure sounds

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
show more
cokeshawty
Yeah it's ok imo :/
ZeroEightOne
go to the skin folder, then replace 0-byte failsound.mp3
theowest
Yeah, it's already skinable so you'd just have to make your own failsound.mp3

Resolved!
H_Hitachiin
I don't care about that since I changed my fail sound to a quiet tone.
Saten
I thought it was about the slowdown and not the failsound.mp3
PROGUY

Problem solved.
Archangel Tirael

PROGUY wrote:

Problem solved.
This, of course, is also an option, but personally I would like to disable the failure of all the sounds, as they are much spoil my mood and discourage any desire to play again...
...Fully support
H_Hitachiin

Archangel Tirael wrote:

PROGUY wrote:

Problem solved.
This, of course, is also an option, but personally I would like to disable the failure of all the sounds, as they are much spoil my mood and discourage any desire to play again...
...Fully support
Well, I would love that failsound.
ReVeNg3r
I would like to remove the "everything gets red hue" when you fail a map (when you have unmarked low-pc) it is so annoying for me
Saten

ReVeNg3r wrote:

I would like to remove the "everything gets red hue" when you fail a map (when you have unmarked low-pc) it is so annoying for me
Disable Shader Effects and Softening Filter?
bwross
You know, when a game has annoying things when you die I normally think that that's a good thing, because it will encourage me to not die so often.
ReVeNg3r

Saten wrote:

ReVeNg3r wrote:

Disable Shader Effects and Softening Filter?
I don't mean directly these options, just the red colour at fail.
[Dellirium]

Archangel Tirael wrote:

PROGUY wrote:

Problem solved.
...Fully support
Change skin and... ta-daa~
Archangel Tirael

[Dellirium] wrote:

Change skin and... ta-daa~
I did not say a word about failsound.wav. I say that I really spoils the mood of the very sound of the song slow failure. Which currently can not be disabled.
Scarlet Evans

bwross wrote:

You know, when a game has annoying things when you die I normally think that that's a good thing, because it will encourage me to not die so often.
In my case it encourages me to always have one hand on [Esc] key, so in case of losing track I can immediately stop failure slowdown sound from playing and restart map :P
But, sadly, playing for too long makes this hand a little stiff, haha :)

EDIT: But to be honest, I already get used to this, I only use this in few chosen songs I am "devoted" to ^^
starkan

bwross wrote:

encourages not to die so often??? hah. it makes me even more frustrated - being even more frustrated have bad effect on my performance.
i want to remove this annoying shit.
abraker
Is this even a valid request?
Bara-
I personally really like this effect actually. I don't see a need to disable it (and toggles are rarely accepted so...)
Seijiro
@starkan

from t/454006

You also replied to a 2 years old post, please...

As I see it, this request won't ever happen but I don't have any objective reason to call it invalid as of now.
If peppy or any other developer will consdier this invalid I'll do so when the time will come.
Uforianer
The problem is not that it is annoying, but that sometimes i play high pitched sounds. If its like now it really hurts my ears so as it is know i always play on no fail...

So can someone tell me how to completely disable it, the slowing and changing of the pitch?
JapanYoshiTheGamer
#SkinItOut
Bara-

JapanYoshiTheGamer wrote:

#SkinItOut
But... You can't
This request is talking about the song drastically changing when failing, not about a certain sound it makes
JapanYoshiTheGamer

Bara- wrote:

JapanYoshiTheGamer wrote:

#SkinItOut
But... You can't
This request is talking about the song drastically changing when failing, not about a certain sound it makes
What's the problem with the "record player gradually running out of juice" effect? If worst gets to worst, you can drown it out with some kind of loud-ass sound effect.