forum

Catch the Beat World Cup 2013 (Concluded - Chile Wins!)

posted
Total Posts
show more
eldnl
That's what I mean, velp ... they are different "stages" ...
Topic Starter
Weez
........should worry about setting up times proper times to play :U

EDIT:
Note a few changes:
1. Now it will be best 6 out of 11 (win 6 matches)
2. Now you can pick a make of 2 mod specific maps instead of 1. (there will be 4 maps to pick from per mod)
Jacqli
Maybe i'm not joining but don't forget to make a map pack please~~
VelperK

eldnl wrote:

That's what I mean, velp ... they are different "stages" ...
no they're not, is just one stage: the finals
eldnl
Bronze match and finals are quite different ...
Xakyrie
Both stages are the finals. These are the last matches for everyone, is it not? If this is the end, then it is considered the finals no matter what match it is.
VelperK
at the same level Argentina-Colombia vs Chile / Taiwan A vs Finland was, indeed.

thus, the maps should be the same for both matches as they're played in the last stage
Topic Starter
Weez
eldnl

Xakyrie wrote:

Both stages are the finals. These are the last matches for everyone, is it not? If this is the end, then it is considered the finals no matter what match it is.
It is considered like the finals, not like the last match, is not the same ... what if Finland or Argentina plays better and gets higher scores than us or taiwan? velperk wants the same maps for this ... derp
Xakyrie
...yes? Gold/Silver and Bronze/4th place matches should have the same mappools, not different.
Mianki
Argentina/Colombia vs. Finland 17:00 UTC-3 l 22:00 UTC+2

Can't play that time, I have work from friday to sunday and everyday it's 20:30-04:00 UTC+2. So I can only play in between 15:00-18:00 UTC+2 this weekend. And Sunday would be best (I think) for YERTI and MrSake, so VelperK go ahead and suggest a time :P
I'll send a PM to you later VelperK if you don't happen to see this.

EDIT: WORK ERRYDAY
Makar
Why even care? It's not like it makes a difference if they are different anyway. The top 4 are all still "pro" teams that need to use "pro only" mappools to determine who is better.
eldnl

Makar wrote:

Why even care? It's not like it makes a difference if they are different anyway. The top 4 are all still "pro" teams that need to use "pro only" mappools to determine who is better.
It doesn't matter really ... but still they shouldn't be the same maps .. come on is just common sense :l
VelperK

Mianki wrote:

Argentina/Colombia vs. Finland 17:00 UTC-3 l 22:00 UTC+2

Can't play that time, I have work from friday to sunday and everyday it's 20:30-04:00 UTC+2. So I can only play in between 15:00-18:00 UTC+2 this weekend. And Sunday would be best (I think) for YERTI and MrSake, so VelperK go ahead and suggest a time :P
I'll send a PM to you later VelperK if you don't happen to see this.

EDIT: WORK ERRYDAY
whatever time you want i dont care
Mianki

eldnl wrote:

It is considered like the finals, not like the last match, is not the same ... what if Finland or Argentina plays better and gets higher scores than us or taiwan? velperk wants the same maps for this ... derp
Finland or Argentina could get better scores even if we would play different maps derp. Example, S or SS and you would get A or B. So it doesn't matter.

And I'll ask MrSaka and Yerti which time would be best and I'll send you a PM Velp.
eldnl

Mianki wrote:

eldnl wrote:

Finland or Argentina could get better scores even if we would play different maps derp. Example, S or SS and you would get A or B. So it doesn't matter.

And I'll ask MrSaka and Yerti which time would be best and I'll send you a PM Velp.
It isn't what I meant ...
Seph
VelperK
im mad at weez for not adding monsta map

>:(>:(>:(
eldnl
We have problems to set an hour again ...just saying ...
lineqtxz
chile vs taiwan thu 13:00 -3 - fri 00:00 +8 ?????
??¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?
Jervis
all crazy map DX
Mianki
Hey VelperK, I send you a PM about our match time 28 hours ago. Y u no answer?

But I asked is it okay if the match is on Sunday 12:30 UTC-3 for Argentina/Colombia and 17:30 UTC+2 for Finland?
eldnl
Chile vs Taiwan Thursday 13:00pm GMT-3 / Friday 00:00am GMT+8
Spectator
good luck to both teams :>
QHideaki13

Spectator wrote:

good luck to both teams :>
Seph
Congrats to Chile for winning this year's CWC!

match info https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/6440068

screenshots coming soon

also waiting for bronze match
eldnl
Topic Starter
Weez
And I wake up 30mins after the match.....congratulations to Chile! All prizes will be handed out once all matches have ended.
madaoB
[quote="eldnl"]Chile 6 - 2 Taiwan
2http://puu.sh/2dCKC
4http://puu.sh/2dCKN
6http://puu.sh/2dT5w
/quote]
XEPCOH

written by me on 26 Dec 2012 in prediction thread WTF
Touche
chileeee<3
Harp Note

T o u c h e wrote:

chileeee<3
^

lol wanted to see it, and couldn't. Congratz~
eldnl
^ next chilean top player
Cloudchaser
We are proud of our players.

Also, CHILEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE<3
VelperK
no
Cloudchaser

VelperK wrote:

no
Velkpato you're pro too ~ uvu
VelperK
why do you have derpy hooves as animated avatar
eldnl
edit
Makar
The match schedule was wrong for referees (two days off gg) so the match wasn't streamed (and I really planned to stream it too, being finals and all) :<
You can see that I only looked at the time given for me in my column :P

Congrats Chile!
Rubytic
Wow congratz Chile :D
show more