forum

Cherry MX red switches on osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Toreba
Hello, my name is Trevor and I am wondering how different are Membrane switches to Cherry MX switches. I am ordering the keyboard called "HyperX Alloy FPS Pro" w/ Red Switches. So mainly I am writing this forum post because this is my first mechanical keyboard and if anybody out there has red switches, if you can tell me the difference thank you. My Discord is Trevor#5405 if you want to just show me like a picture or turn on your webcam and show me your keyboard if you want to and how fast the activation point is. Have a good day and thank you! My current keyboard is a Razer Cynosa, thats it. At the time I purchased it, I thought it looked cool but recently I have noticed mechanical keyboards can effect your performance pretty well. I've had it for like 3 years now and I felt like it is time to upgrade.
Liyuu
Membrane and Mechanical keyboards are worlds apart, a mechanical keyboard is in my opinion the only actual peripheral that will make you better at osu! though that is subjective, once you get your mechanical keyboard you can't go back to mush city that is membranes
Topic Starter
Toreba
^ ok ty for the input :)
DeletedUser_4050493
it's not just the Mechanical that effect ur performance, but the Switch Type as well
consider doing online research before ur 1st purchase
btw mine is Cherry MX Brown because I love the tactile feedback, less stamina consuming and less noisy than Blue
vietnam_xun
its preference lul
mechanical just help you for future, not boost your skill at all. And there're many type of switch you should try to choose what you prefer
Topic Starter
Toreba

Kyunshi wrote:

it's not just the Mechanical that effect ur performance, but the Switch Type as well
consider doing online research before ur 1st purchase
btw mine is Cherry MX Brown because I love the tactile feedback, less stamina consuming and less noisy than Blue
alright ty
Hiiiii5
mechanical keyboard makes u shitmiss like doubletapping for no reason
but its really good
Esutarosa
If you have not picked up this keyboard, feel free to take it, I have it. Cherry MX Red and membrane keyboards are specifically different from each other. Well, the mechanics themselves also need to understand. The MX Reds are very lightweight switches, and their move is excellent. As a good choice for the first mechanical keyboard

But there is one thing. Red switches in some way feel bad, compared to brown they are very light. This is not a problem at all, but it is so light that you can accidentally press the wrong key and not feel the press. Browns make it easy to understand about pressing. And so the red ones are excellent switches, I advise you to take