forum

A hotkey for changing mouse sensivity

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Xenos Hydrargirum
It would be pretty useful to change sensivity and,thus,mouse speed without going all way back to menu and return to the song list and find the song you need once again.
Thanks.
bwross
There are things I don't like going back to the main menu for, but mouse speed is not one of them. I don't think many people change their mouse speed often enough to make this worthwhile.
Drafura
Well it will be usefull to find your own sensitivity. Of course when you have it, the interest is kinda lost. Adding sensitivity do not help very much for spinners imo.
TheVileOne
This could be useful. Some of the older songs require more precise sensitivity adjustments.
Saten
I'm always using 1,0x

The best way is to not use the osu! multiplier imo
If your mouse can change the sensitivity (dpi), it would be the best

Well my mouse support multiple dpi's
I only need to click on a button on my mouse to change it

I guess you are requesting something similar to that
Suzumiya-H
This is a very useful on certain occasions where you probably have a new mouse, or trying out a new grip. It can be helpful for finding the best one for you. I don't think it'll be that hard to implement either, though I don't have any experience in dealing with so. However, I'm sure everyone has their optimal sensitivity set already which makes me a bit reluctant on justifying. It'll be cool to be added but I don't think it's necessary(though, a lot of things in osu are a bit unnecessary so I guess this wouldn't be a bad addition!)
TheVileOne
Why are we worrying about whether it will be useful in the long run? Most modern games allow you to access options from the pause menu. since osu doesn't do this, it should be given a key bind for convenience.
Kuro

TheVileOne wrote:

Why are we worrying about whether it will be useful in the long run? Most modern games allow you to access options from the pause menu. since osu doesn't do this, it should be given a key bind for convenience.
Or better yet, a pause menu could be added with more options?

or just a key bind like you said... ^_^
Saten
More stuff filled on my screen? :o

imo you should use the same sensitivity that you use everywhere else
Having a different sense from what you normally use in Windows (or any other OS) is just plain confusing, yet ppl use it..
kriers
450 dpi for EVERYTHING
TheVileOne

Saten wrote:

More stuff filled on my screen? :o

imo you should use the same sensitivity that you use everywhere else
Having a different sense from what you normally use in Windows (or any other OS) is just plain confusing, yet ppl use it..
Wireless mouse lag affects mouse sensitivity for me in osu. I have osu's sensitivity up to 1.5x. It is useful when I get more than usual mouse lag to up the sensitivity more than I normally use to counter the delay.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the sensitivity you use to play super fast maps is not optimal for slower maps, or slower difficulties. Those who play really harder difficulties have problems with slower easier difficulties, because they have problems adjusting to the slower tempo.
TheVileOne
BUMPing because this would be useful for me at least. Some songs play better on different resolutions. It would be nice if I could change sensitivity to match the speed of the beatmap. A single sensitivity is not ideal for all beatmaps. We may need to change sensitivities to play on different difficulty levels.