forum

Hard rock: what lowers your accuracy the most?

posted
Total Posts

What lowers your accuracy the most?

Increased OD
52.57%
Increased AR
34.86%
Smaller Circles
12.57%
Total votes: 175
show more
silmarilen

Aqo wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

this isnt "what lowers acc the most" this is "what lowers YOUR acc the most"
What Wishy said is exactly true though, for you as well, since his post had a condition in it that covers all cases

Smaller circles don't really lower acc at all on anything except for spaced streams that become ridiculously spaced after CS5. (jumps aren't any harder. If you can snap to CS4 you can snap to CS5)
AR doesn't lower acc at all if you're used to reading it. In fact when you're used to it, it makes your acc better. Again, try to think of your own acc on ARs lower than 9 if that's the highest you can read and you'll know what it feels like to somebody who reads 10.
OD makes your acc worse even if you have perfect understanding of the tempo of the song, simply because the waving of your clicks over the timeline would fall more often outside of the hit window. Even the best acc players in this game have serious trouble SSing with HR on maps with many circles, for this reason alone.
but thats not the point of this topic
nanda2009
AR.. yup.
Jordan

Wishy wrote:

When you're not used to AR 10: AR.

When you get used to it: OD.
in my case OD
Liut
Circle appears so fast for me ;w;
Can't click them
lolcubes
AR, because of my awkward playstyle I am unable to hit the streams correctly (I click the first note of the stream with both mouse and keyboard usually).
If it's not a streamy map then it's not that bad. :p
kriers
Definitely the AR.

Once I know a hdhr map well enough, my acc is pretty decent even on od10.
Before that I get Bs and shit.
buny
hard rock sure is hard
Bites

kriers wrote:

Definitely the AR.

Once I know a hdhr map well enough, my acc is pretty decent even on od10.
Before that I get Bs and shit.
This. I've got good accuracy and consistency but I can't sightread AR10 at all.
Saint_old
hd hr is easy up to AR9 for me, AR10 is a little hard but it doesn't lower my accuracy that much, OD definitely lowers my accuracy way more than AR or small circles if it's really up there. Small circles are pretty easy unless they're like super small. http://osu.ppy.sh/s/39580 with hd hr, any smaller circles than that I can't do--except for this map http://osu.ppy.sh/b/17728
benguin
AR, by the time I see the note I have to hit, I've missed it. HR = failing in the first 10 seconds of the map for me ;~;
theowest
Definitely AR. I've been battling with this barrier for too long now, it's as if I'm never improving in that aspect.
thelewa
Definitely the AR. I can get decent accuracy (+99%) with OD10 without trying, but most of the time I end up getting random 100's because I misread AR10.
Purple
OD on most maps, AR and CS on maps like 0108 style-style maps
nomen
OD.
zhurai
what's OD o.o
theowest

zhurai wrote:

what's OD o.o
overall difficulty
harder to get good accuracy
Laharl
The AR.

I think OD affects the spinners so I'm not able to complete them but they aren't THAT common.
Wishy
OD = how hard it is to get 300, higher OD = smaller the window you get for 300. It affects spinners too (makes is harder to reach the point where you start getting bonus).

Accuracy = OD.
cirno-_old
Easy/Normal it's OD, sometimes smaller circles

Hard it's smaller circles, sometimes AR

Insane it's AR.

Just depends on the map tbh. Anything AR10 is hard for me, but I'll get there eventually.
Tsukimi Luna
stupid OD
Anzo
If not familiar with the beatmap difficulty, AR and OD
Otherwise, only OD...
ryza
Why isn't "being shit at the game" an option?

;____;
silmarilen
because that would imply you are shit
Uncle Buly

Saph1 wrote:

1) Increased OD
And because my accuracy is pure shit.
GladiOol
Misses reduce my acc the most
Shiro
stupid nonsense random triples/streams retarded patterns and lack of flow
in a nutshell, 90% of maps nowadays

(I'm kidding, the only thing that really lowers my accuracy is unexpected 1/4)
Aqo
had five 300s in a row (on circles. because lol @ acc on sliders) on a HR play today. best play 2012

...why OD why ;_;

also died on a map while FCing it, with HR. i.e. dropped dead without having a single miss, at like 300+ combo. only the best plays today
Winshley
OD all the way.

I'm a jackass who learns the map instead of being a pure sight-reader, so AR isn't a problem once you have dem notes in your mind.
Vmx
Probably OD, since I don't have any problems at all with AR 10.
Mukku
I still can't read the AR
GoldenWolf
Small circles. http://puu.sh/1tX33