forum

[collab] Camellia(かめりあ) 200step mix (40mins)(aim for loved)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Himada

Hi, so now that I heard that 40 min mix( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqmyACPtu50 ), I couldn't help myself but to just gather a few mappers and start working on this. Though it might look like an impossible project, I am still planning to somehow just do this until the end. Although we already have a few mappers working on this, we are still in need for more mappers and also story boarders, hitsounders, etc. We have finished making the timing points and it's all good to begin with the mapping, but we unfortuantely havent uploaded the beatmap(which might lead to this post taken down, but it's still worth a try of posting.) Anyways we have made a discord server, for anyone to join, even if you're just looking in, you're still welcome!: https://discord.gg/RfXep6Z

Our level of mapping:
Although it's not professional, we believe that we have our basic mapping theory down, and we are planning to watch out and mod for each other.

Types of mappers that are needed:(update: almost all slots are taken, so its very likely that by the time you want to join it's unavailable, thanks for taking intrest in it anyways! You can still join the discord server to check the progress!)
-Since it's Camellia, of course we will need someone that has at least some experience in mapping tech maps.
-As for the star level, we will be going for roughly a 6.8* - 7* which is roughly the average difficulty of all the camellia maps you see out there.
-We need mappers that can comminucate, have patience and be able to follow instructions and make proper disscussions between fellow beatmappers. Since it's a 40 min map, we need a good level of teamwork to work this all out.
-There are 8 songs in total, so idealy we would like to have 8 or 9 mappers working to keep the workload as balanced as possible.
-Have at least some flexibility in style change: I am planning to take some elements of the original track's original beatmap to create some level of familiarity. This may mean that in some parts of the map, you will need to change your style slightly. This point will also be used during the transitions between the trackst to create a seemless transition.

Types of story boarders that are needed:(as of May 17, we have one potential story boarder on bord) *optional*
-All we need are people who are able to create simple credit scenes and song title(since there are multiple)with a semi good design to some extent. But other than that, we don't mind anyone as long as they are somewhat familliar with it, but are able to carry out what I stated earlier. Edit: the audio took 60mb of space, so unfortunately theres only 40mb to work with, ill try to shrink it, but dont expect much.

Types of hit Sounders that are needed:(as of May 17, theres still only me, but will be waiting for the map to be finished mapping first before hitsounding it) *optional*
-Idealy(which is basically impossible lol) would be those that can basically replicate that happened with E.T.E.A 200 step remix map. But since that's just impossible, we are already happy with those that knows what sounds goes well with tech maps. I myself will also be working on this since I have a huge soundbank.

Some questions:
-Is there a deadline for us to finish this map? ~ Not really, but I'm hoping to have a constant aim to finish certain tasks in a certain amount of time(e.g. finishing a drop: 2-3 weeks)
-Since the .osz file is not uploaded yet, when do you think would be the time when it would be uploaded so I can check it out? ~ I believe that it will be uploaded once the project seems to develop on a constant rate. With our current members, it would at least take a month or even more in the worst case.
-Can I just take a look at the .osz file? Unfortuantely, No. Only limited to our team to prevent people copying our works.
-Will you be pushing this map to ranked/loved? ~ idealy, yes.
-How serious are you guys? ~ We will be taking this easy, no rushing. But we will be refining/modding many times. Among each other.

Edit: We have began our "final modding" phase, once this is complete, the map will be uploaded for other people to start modding as well. If you are interested in helping out the "final modding" phase, feel free to join discord for more info!

Edit: Although we have finished the mapping, we realised some parts had simply a qualith that is not good enough for our standards, thus we will be remapping those parts.

Update: we finished mapping the entire 40 minutes, all thats left are some adjustments, you can join the server to check it out!

Update: Map has been uploaded! Currently looking for mods and preferably some hs!
beatmapsets/1329091#osu/2753223
Shinjuko
yea boiii
lilroc125
ooooooo
Kyairie
ok
Asphiee
so basically you're teaming up for cartography? :3
Topic Starter
Himada

Asphyre wrote:

so basically you're teaming up for cartography? :3
seems like it
Maulr
i want to join, this looks fun.
TrungSabito0159
interesting
Topic Starter
Himada

ProfessorBin wrote:

interesting
indeed
nobreakfast
okok ruruchi mapping
0ppInOsu
im in because of camellia
nebuwua

nobreakfast wrote:

okok ruruchi mapping
ruruchi?
you mean rrtyui?
Topic Starter
Himada
Update:
53/99 done w/ mods
77/99 done w/ mods & without mods
lilroc125
i pooped
Perikas

lilroc125 wrote:

i pooped
thanks
Topic Starter
Himada
Update: Currently in need of mappers, since some of us are burnt out. I will continue to map the missing parts slowly, but things would be faster if someone else can join in to help finish it. We will be still glad if you can hop in to do just one part too. However, we can only accept mappers that have a good standard in their tech mapping skills.

Currently empty slots:

Tojita Sekai:
  1. 2nd and 4th drop
  2. 3rd buildiup and intro
Arche:
  1. First bridge and 2nd drop
GHOST:
  1. 3rd drop
ETEA:
  1. 3rd drop
Feelin sky:
  1. 2nd drop
  2. ending
The link to the server is on the discription above.