forum

Notes Spectated

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
show more
theowest
This doesn't sound useful at all.
Tshemmp

theowest wrote:

This isn't useful at all either:

deadbeat
i like the current level being there :<
theowest

Tshemmp wrote:

I hope you're kidding.
Saten
I used spectate alot
Well I still do, but not as much

RaneFire wrote:

Spectating is not playing, and some players alt+tab or go afk while spectating. This would be easily farmable and pointless.
farmable? for what reason?

It's just statistics such as playcount

imo it should only work for the same player once a day.
It should be similar to replay count.
Tshemmp

theowest wrote:

Tshemmp wrote:

I hope you're kidding.
Then enlighten me where this is more useful than the stuff in the OP.
Ohrami
A better request: this, but showing how much total time a player has been spectated

Cookiezi's time would be ridiculous, since he'll get like 200+ minutes per minute
theowest
You get a good picture over how much the user have played. Having a lot of total score probably means you play longer maps or retry a lot by playing the whole thing. Total hits can be useful if comparing with your total score, if you have a lot of total hits and not as many points, you probably play a lot of shorter songs. This all gives you useful information if you're trying to learn about the user.

What do we learn about spectated notes? Nothing but that you like to watch other people play. Does this even include watching replays? Not according to the OP.

Kyou-kun wrote:

A better request: this, but showing how much total time a player has been spectated

Cookiezi's time would be ridiculous, since he'll get like 200+ minutes per minute
sounds like a fantastic idea!
Tshemmp

theowest wrote:

You get a good picture over how much the user have played. Having a lot of total score probably means you play longer maps or retry a lot by playing the whole thing. Total hits can be useful if comparing with your total score, if you have a lot of total hits and not as many points, you probably play a lot of shorter songs. This all gives you useful information if you're trying to learn about the user.

What do we learn about spectated notes? Nothing but that you like to watch other people play.
Yeah, guess what. For example you can tell that a guy has knowledge over the real skill of many players if he spectates very often. So if you want a opinion on a certain player you can ask this expert. I don't say it is a good request, I am just saying this isn't less useful than some other stuff on your profile.
theowest
It's extremely useful if you only want to quickly glance over someone.

Tshemmp wrote:

For example you can tell that a guy has knowledge over the real skill of many players if he spectates very often.
There's a big difference between "notes spectated" and your total score/his. One has to do with your total score and hits, the other has to do with how much you know the skill of other players. So it has nothing to do with yourself, which defeats the purpose of having this information displayed on your profile. Completely worthless. This request is invalid in terms of being related to yourself on the profile.

Tshemmp wrote:

So if you want a opinion on a certain player you can ask this expert. I don't say it is a good request, I am just saying this isn't less useful than some other stuff on your profile.
wait.. Which expert? The player? You ask the player if you want the opinion of him? You ask an expert if you want the opinion on someone's skill?
You mean me? I'm the expert? Are you saying I should know whether someone is good or bad?

Everyone can conclude that the information already given on the profile is of a professional or bad player. I'm saying you can find out what kind of a player he is with this simple information. It's one of the many useful statistics of a user.
It's simply default information available to us, almost from the beginning of osu!

Knowing if someone has watched a lot of replays has nothing to do with his skills. I would therefore very much like Kyou-kun's suggestion.

I could be confused that this request is actually about showing how many notes people have viewed from me, confusion over here: p/1912811
Bad description on Aqo's side then.
Tshemmp
Ah sorry, I misunderstood the OP -_-

I agree with you by 100%.
Topic Starter
Aqo

Kyou-kun wrote:

I like this

The OP was just an... op. for the idea of adding spectating-related information on profiles. Do brainstorm on this. I gave examples that might not be the best; kyou's suggestion is really good and I like it.
buny
If this is implemented, we should have spectator rankings also.
Kuro

theowest wrote:

Agreed, this is useless. I don't spectate often anyway and I don't like people spectating me.
What use would this serve anyway? :|

People Stalked: 1586
Stalking Time: 13hr 52min

buny wrote:

If this is implemented, we should have spectator rankings also.
I hope that was a joke...
Rorona
Basically title.

Having the total amount of minutes that you have been spectated in each category of your profile would be pretty cool.

I searched for total minutes spectated, and didn't find anything, so if this is a duplicate, well :/
deadbeat
uhh...
SapphireGhost
I would like to see some sort of statistic on profiles related to spectators, whether it is calculated in minutes or not. My only concern would be if it resulted in lots of spam requests to be spectated.
deadbeat

SapphireGhost wrote:

I would like to see some sort of statistic on profiles related to spectators, whether it is calculated in minutes or not. My only concern would be if it resulted in lots of spam requests to be spectated.
t/105915
Rorona

deadbeat wrote:

SapphireGhost wrote:

t/105915
Something like this, just imo it's different from what I really want, but total hits/score + total minutes would be pretty interesting.
Yuzeyun

Something like this ?
Rorona

_Gezo_ wrote:

Something like this ?
Spectated by Others seems like...something that would fit the amount of hits spectated instead of the total minutes.
but yes it's perfect otherwise.
FrzR
I'm Neutral. owo
deadbeat
dare i say it, i'm more in favour of aqo's request
JappyBabes
¿Por qué no las dos?
Onisakura

_Gezo_ wrote:

Something like this ?
I like it, actually :3