forum

Stuck with beatmap processing [confirmed] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jordan
So yes as the title says, I'm stuck with osu! beatmap processing since the last update. (it's going on for 30 minutes already) Am I the only one?
AoAbsol
So when I start osu! Everything goes well, when I click on Play, nothing happens,but if I click on Solo or Special (happened too on multi but only when osu! search for a song), songs begin to be processed and they don't stop, I can still chat but I can't play, and after a moment osu! crashes

Here is a picture

So now I can't play.

EDIT : Forgot to mention that it beginned only at the last update
happy30
the exact same thing happens for me right now.
Piotrekol
happens also to me- just infinite loop of maps(i had to move all maps out of folder ).
MillhioreF
Merged two topics about the same problem (created at almost the same time)

I can't replicate this though, my maps process fine.
Kurokotei
I have the same problem too, infinite beatmap processing
Seph
happens to me, and this happens

IS THIS GOODBYE OSU
TicClick
I had it too. As AmaiHachimitsu said, here's a temporary solution: get any .osz and unpack it via osu!, otherwise the game will keep going round and round.

EDIT: to replicate, try hitting F5 and doing the full re-caching.
Mercurial

MillhioreF wrote:

I can't replicate this though, my maps process fine.
Same here.
AoAbsol
Works fine now :) ,I delete all my songs the trash and I'm restoring them one by one and it works again. Still trying to find wich map caused that..
Atomix210
Saten
Try any of these

Buono! - Our Songs

Christmas Songs - Xmas Dance Remix

seems like only certain maps are affected
Gabi
Forever processing

Flanster
Interesting, I thought this issue was solved a month or two ago..

Also I don't think its on certain maps, look whats happening with Scorpiour.

Check your Songs folder for peculiar named folders such ass "xxxxx name_of_song.osz" or anything similar.
Saten
but still related to processing...

Lolicore Flandre wrote:

Check your Songs folder for peculiar named folders such ass "xxxxx name_of_song.osz" or anything similar.
>ass
Flanster
currently looking through the files in Buono! - Our Songs

For now what must be found is why these certain maps aren't processing.
Atomix210
Another "bug" while processing, not sure about..

SPOILER
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at #Rm.#3m.#6bb()
at #Rm.#3m.#O0(Vector2 , Boolean , Int32 )
at #Km.#Om.#kr()
at #Tc.#Zc.#kr()
at #Gn.#In.#8kb()
at #jm.#Bm.#q4()
at #Gn.#In.#kr()
at #Tc.#Zc.#Yr()
at #Tc.#Zc.#9r(Object , EventArgs )
at #Tc.#3c.#ws()
at #Tc.#id.#Ku(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #Tc.#id.#fs()
at #Tc.#Zc.#fs()
at #Gn.#Fn.#Ojb(String )

Nemis
Same ;__;
peppy
I have pushed out a new release to hopefully resolve this. Please update and test for me.
Nemis

peppy wrote:

I have pushed out a new release to hopefully resolve this. Please update and test for me.
No changes for me :<
peppy
Then I need more information or nothing is going to get fixed. Find out which song is causing issues and link it.
Atomix210

peppy wrote:

Nothing change, still freeze at "Your beatmaps are being processed.."

peppy wrote:

Then I need more information or nothing is going to get fixed. Find out which song is causing issues and link it.

How to with 9070 folders in "Songs"?
peppy
Move half your map folders to another folder temporarily. Fixed? Switch the folders and then continue moving half of the remaining until you find it. Not fixed? Move the other half.

This is called binary searching; wiki it if you still don't understand. Should take 10-15 steps max.
Nemis
I closed osu -> I renamed the folder Songs in Songs2 -> I opened osu (no maps) -> I renamed the folder Songs2 in Songs -> osu! Solo

And the loading still stuck
Scorpiour
i think it's fixed now.
Atomix210
edit : fixed
Saten
Yes, it works now
I guess not for everyone..
TheVileOne
What was wrong ?
Mismagius
Not fixed here.
spboxer3

Blue Dragon wrote:

Not fixed here.
It's loop and I can't into my select song mean
refresh still let my osu crush... :(
Loctav
I had this error, too.
deepsea fixed it with renaming a folder that contained chinese characters.
I fixed it with moving .osz files out of a subfolder of Songs (/Songs/Beatmap Pack #43/whatever.osz) into /songs/ self and importing it properly.

Maybe you can replicate the error with one of this attempts to workaround it.
Eremes 111
it fixed with peppy's suggestion, but after restart osu! it's still looping @@
show more