forum

Massive Attack - Teardrop

posted
Total Posts
show more
Xgor
Just a reminder that you need to get this ranked. Too good to be rotting in the graveyard :D
Topic Starter
D33d

Xgor wrote:

Just a reminder that you need to get this ranked. Too good to be rotting in the graveyard :D
Aaahhhhh, too many maps to do.
quiz-chan_DELETED

D33d wrote:

Aaahhhhh, too many maps to do.
what the fuck's that supposed to mean

revive it or you will go to graveyard WITH your map.
*Lizzy is pointing revolver at D33d
Topic Starter
D33d
Now I know how Mashley felt, because I'm really not that interested in ranking or playing the politics game. It's been so long that I don't know who I'd be able to bug to actually consider bubbling this or seeing it past a bubble. If there's enough interest, then I assume that this map is still on people's lists to check out. Otherwise, I can continue to plug away at this in my own time, until I feel like asking around again.

DEEDIT: As of now, I definitely want this map ranked. I've done all that I could for it and I find it pointless to keep stalling any longer. Throw your mods at me, silly boys.
Xgor
Just realized I acually never modded this.... Time to fix that.

[General]
There is a huuuuge chunk of the mp3 unmapped. The ranking criteria says that 80% of the mp3 should be mapped aand 10% at the start and 22% is quite a lot of mp3 that's not really used.

[Easy]
00:59:840 (1) - This slider could use some small improvements. I think https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2255029 looks better (Oh dear.... I'm nazing a D33d slider)

[Normal]
00:50:464 (1,2) - I suggest you blanket these two http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2255039

[Hard]
Sexy

Aanyways, that all! I really just wanted to get the mp3 issue out of the way before any BAT mods it. I'll try to get BATs to look at it.
Topic Starter
D33d

Xgor wrote:

Just realized I acually never modded this.... Time to fix that.

[General]
There is a huuuuge chunk of the mp3 unmapped. The ranking criteria says that 80% of the mp3 should be mapped aand 10% at the start and 22% is quite a lot of mp3 that's not really used.

I always thought that it'd be blasphemy to cut the song, so I left it. I didn't map the whole thing because the map would become far too long and there'd be too much idling around with the music. Maybe I'll storyboard a fade and/or pulse at the start, but I definitely wanted the end as ranking screen music.

[Easy]
00:59:840 (1) - This slider could use some small improvements. I think https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2255029 looks better (Oh dear.... I'm nazing a D33d slider) You're right, but your version also looks too pointy. I'll try and smoothen the middle.

[Normal]
00:50:464 (1,2) - I suggest you blanket these two http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2255039 I always wanted their ends to be aligned vertically, but a few people have asked for blanketing instead. I suppose it'd look nicer.

[Hard]
Sexy

Aanyways, that all! I really just wanted to get the mp3 issue out of the way before any BAT mods it. I'll try to get BATs to look at it.
Huzzah, thanks for dropping by.
Xgor
Talked a bit about the SB and mp3 cutting. (Aaand I forgot to savelog it..)

anyways, you did change some of the images for widescreen but it looked wrong so I did it myself so it would work better http://puu.sh/e7bNB/cc39e96a55.osz (I also cropped so there's no unused transparency)
Topic Starter
D33d
Excellent, thank you Xgor. I'll use those as soon as I'm home. I've discussed timings with ticclick and I may change those too.

DEEDIT: The dimensions seem to be out of whack, as the centre sprites are too small. Um, help. For some reason, osu's screwing around when I try enlargening them all too. It's very annoying. Never mind, the editor's just being dogshit.
TicClick
[Tears]
  1. 01:10:584 (2,3) - I'd swap them on a timeline, maybe you want to do this too to follow vocals: http://puu.sh/e9o5R/1a2916365d.jpg
  2. 02:25:764 (4) - is normal sampleset intended? Sounds way too loud, I'd say
  3. 02:52:312 (1) - should be snapped to the offset and not to the white tick before it
  4. 03:03:065 (2,3) - same as before
[Sorrow]
  1. 01:34:220 (1,2) - would be cool if they followed the slider's curve, I think. I'd personally avoid a straight line here
  2. 02:35:134 (1,2) - careful here, the stack almost went out of the screen
  3. 02:52:312 (1) - should be snapped to the offset and not to the white tick before it
  4. 03:44:672 (8,9,1) - fix the spacing by making it equal. It *has* to be equal here
[Calm]
  1. 01:04:528 (3) - please end it on white tick, it's confusing to hear it end on a blue one. Even if you follow vocals, all the other sliders around have their tails snapped to white ticks, and random offbeats make it feel incomplete. I won't mention it anymore, but I expect you to fix all the sliders on vocal parts in this manner, including 02:05:449 (1) - .
  2. 02:42:936 - the whole section before vocals has inconsistent spacing, which is something that shouldn't happen in lower difficulties at all. Examples: 02:44:498 (4,1) - 02:47:624 (4,1) - and so forth
TicClick
also, https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2465369 is what 03:23:576 (1) looks like in Calm (see the left side). Mind moving it to the right, at least a little? There are other hit objects that appear right on the top of leaderboard, but this slider is something. It's not that scary if you pick one of widescreen resolutions, though.
Topic Starter
D33d

TicClick wrote:

[Tears]
  1. 01:10:584 (2,3) - I'd swap them on a timeline, maybe you want to do this too to follow vocals: http://puu.sh/e9o5R/1a2916365d.jpg I've changed this in a slightly different way, so as to express both the vocals and the beat. I should've changed this long ago--it never really fit.
  2. 02:25:764 (4) - is normal sampleset intended? Sounds way too loud, I'd say It was deliberate, along with a sudden change to a normal clap because there's a louder snap in the track. I've used a drum base instead and the normal clap doesn't sound weak. I've also added more normal claps to create an actual pattern that fits the section.
  3. 02:52:312 (1) - should be snapped to the offset and not to the white tick before it I really wish that osu! would handle these things better.
  4. 03:03:065 (2,3) - same as before Yeah I definitely needed to change that pattern.
[Sorrow]
  1. 01:34:220 (1,2) - would be cool if they followed the slider's curve, I think. I'd personally avoid a straight line here It's worth me considering, though I specifically wanted the directional push here. It won't be much bother to fix, but I'd be in two minds over it.
  2. 02:35:134 (1,2) - careful here, the stack almost went out of the screen Yeah it's a little too close. Moved up a grid.
  3. 02:52:312 (1) - should be snapped to the offset and not to the white tick before it Sorry, I thought it was and AImod didn't complain. Changed.
  4. 03:44:672 (8,9,1) - fix the spacing by making it equal. It *has* to be equal here
I'd say that the spacing's perfectly readable and targettable. I have structured this section in a deliberate way, so that there's no change of overlapping between 03:45:453 (1) - and 03:47:016 (3) -

Moreover, NC jumps are generally easier to get away with, because it's usually obvious where the new combo will start. If this is a sticking point, then I'll get a second opinion. I honestly don't think this would be a playability problem--apologies if I come across as curt.

[Calm]
  1. 01:04:528 (3) - please end it on white tick, it's confusing to hear it end on a blue one. Even if you follow vocals, all the other sliders around have their tails snapped to white ticks, and random offbeats make it feel incomplete. I won't mention it anymore, but I expect you to fix all the sliders on vocal parts in this manner, including 02:05:449 (1) - . I initially had more sliders ending on offbeats for consistency, and while I wanted some offbeats to better convey the feel of the music, I'll just end them on the beat for simplicity. Easy enough for me to change.
  2. 02:42:936 - the whole section before vocals has inconsistent spacing, which is something that shouldn't happen in lower difficulties at all. Examples: 02:44:498 (4,1) - 02:47:624 (4,1) - and so forth Based on prior experience, knowledge and discussion about this sort of thing, I've come to understand that rigid spacing isn't always essential for e/n, especially when there are longer pauses in/between patterns. There's a whole slow beat and a quarter for the player to anticipate each successive combo and the timing gap means that none of the spacing is misleading. If it's still regarded as too large a jump for beginners, then I'll happily move the patterns a bit closer together.
All done; excuse the wordiness of some replies, but I found your mod really useful. Thank you.
TicClick
cool
Xgor
Well... it's my first.. so be gentle with me!
Topic Starter
D33d
Ohhhh shit, get your towels ready.

It's been a long, long journey for this map and because of it, the map's far better than it ever could've been when I started it. Thanks to those who've supported this set continuously and I hope that people enjoy it! Even though it's probably too easy to be popular.
Kenezz
Congrats Deed!
I have my towels ready
l1mi
Good someone mapped this but would have loved a harder diff.
Topic Starter
D33d

l1mi wrote:

Good someone mapped this but would have loved a harder diff.
I would've, but it would've been impossible to do so without ruining the feel of the song.
Lust
Congrats!
Mafumafu
Really glad to see this map ranked.
Really a long journey.
Gratz!
Myxo
Good job!
Anticloud
wow this is the origional sound sample of "why i am so angry" by renard
Topic Starter
D33d

Anticloud wrote:

He... Sampled this song? I thought he was content enough with raping women, without having to touch nice songs.
Kodora

Anticloud wrote:

haha I was waiting for this comment :D

grats on rank, thought.
Mao
Cool set, grats!
lindseyism
House *___* Thanks for mapping this! :D
Diony
Is there a way to get this maps skin out and use it like a normal skin?
Topic Starter
D33d

Dionysaw wrote:

Is there a way to get this maps skin out and use it like a normal skin?
Since it's only combo colours and a custom slider track, you should be able to copy them from the song file. Open any difficulty in notepad, copy everything under [colours] and paste them into the skin.ini of your choice.