forum

YouTube Copyright, am I the only one?

posted
Total Posts
show more
RaneFire

thelewa wrote:

Just use really damn loud hitsounds
Does this work? I thought copyright prohibited any kind of re-creation as well, "in whole or part", which would mean hitsounds wouldn't help at all.
Ohrami
Just wait for when this actually happens to osu!.
kriers

Kyou-kun wrote:

Just wait for when this actually happens to osu!.
by then I'm retired. hahahaha let's submit more maps!
Pacemaker
Yes, that happens when YT scans your audiotrack and detects its analogy to the one of a copyrighted song. It doesn't even matter if the vid's popular or not.

I once tried uploading a replay vid of some anime opening, and the audiotrack was removed instantly after the upload.
lolcubes
Play mods like doubletime. That will always get through haha.
Vish024
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use. It is not to be used for copying and selling. No copyright infringement intended.
That should get you through.

Well it gets most of my football related vids through.
winber1

lolcubes wrote:

Play mods like doubletime. That will always get through haha.
is that why none of my videos are blocked? like actually, that actually makes some sense. Either I dt something or it's just some random stuff people don't pay attention to.
Aqo
...Larto ;_;

It's not just anime ops sometimes it's really random stuff. received warning for that dragon palace caravan thing but without an actual penalty :o

also uploaded a map video for an odaxelagnia song once and he found it and wrote in the comments that he doesn't like the fact it's uploaded on an account other than his, so I said I respect his opinion and took the video down. No involvement from youtube. owo
no clue how he even found it. youtube is mysterious
winber1

Aqo wrote:

no clue how he even found it. youtube is mysterious
secretly a top tier osu player and stalker
Aqo

winber1 wrote:

how awesome would it be if osu had people who are at the same time top tier players, music-composers and mappers as well. all of them cool maps would spawn
winber1
i will become one one day. you just wait and see
IppE
I've gotten 3 accounts disabled, so no, it's not just you.

Just be careful about what you upload, only the artists under bigger labels like EMI, Sony and Universal and just generally popular shit are likely to get takedowns.

And the Matched third-party content./Video blocked in some countries. thing is completely automatic and requires no-one to watch the video, read more on the content ID system here
silmarilen
3 or 4 of my videos uplaoded right now i got a message about copyright on, but non of them i had any problems with.
2 videos i uploaded got disabled because of copyright so i had to remove them to not get a strike

i mean

KariChan wrote:

am I the only one?
yes
IppE

silmarilen wrote:

2 videos i uploaded got disabled because of copyright so i had to remove them to not get a strike
Thats bit different.

If you get a takedown notice from a company (not the content ID system) directly, you will get a strike, unless you can actually dispute it and counterclaim it with reasonable explanations (which is near impossible with osu! videos as they hardly fall under the fair use clause of the DMCA).
XGeneral2000
Weird, I've made a few videos of JPop Rock Band custom charts and I've never gotten copyright issues. The only videos I've got a notice on are Roar (GSL OP) and Lion (Macross OP); nothing happened to Lion and the only thing that happened to Roar was that it got blocked in Germany. I even put the actual song mp3s directly over the videos and YT only complained on those two occasions, and I've yet to get anything taken down.

Anyway, the Fair Use clause should be able to get you through any copyright claims (unless you are somehow making money off of them). You should be able to contest a claim put on a video.
ryza

Aqo wrote:

winber1 wrote:

how awesome would it be if osu had people who are at the same time top tier players, music-composers and mappers as well. all of them cool maps would spawn
I'm actually odaxelagnia, that's why I mapped that song

jk

I'm kind of surprised you were asked to take that down though, usually independent artists don't care one bit
XPJ38
A trick you can use is to record music coming through your speakers with a micro or something equivalent. The quality won't be great, but Youtube won't be able to detect the music.
Aqo

Silynn wrote:

I'm kind of surprised you were asked to take that down though, usually independent artists don't care one bit
He actually said he doesn't mind all that much after talking it out but I took it down anyway
Topic Starter
KariChan

Pacemaker wrote:

Yes, that happens when YT scans your audiotrack and detects its analogy to the one of a copyrighted song. It doesn't even matter if the vid's popular or not.
This happens often on upload, but this video was up for over a year with no issues, then suddenly got a copyright notice, meaning they specifically asked for it to be taken down.

I also have 2 Vocaloid songs that "match 3rd party content", which just means they put ads on my video. [I don't care, I wish more copyright holders would just do this!]
The others are fairly random, but yeah, most were matched on upload, some were matched MUCH later, either by report or otherwise.
Elit3noob
hmm... 0.o to me it only has the third-party 'stuff' that puts ads next to my videos. They don't seem to be at risk of being taken down or anything. It's probably because of something to do with the confirming to be able to upload more and longer videos.
zhurai

Elit3noob wrote:

hmm... 0.o to me it only has the third-party 'stuff' that puts ads next to my videos. They don't seem to be at risk of being taken down or anything. It's probably because of something to do with the confirming to be able to upload more and longer videos.
depends on the copyright holder and what they tell youtube what to do with it

some (such for my regular music while I do streaming -> twitch and then upload the vod to youtube,) they just mute the whole freaking video, which... is... derp
Anzo

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use. It is not to be used for copying and selling. No copyright infringement intended.
That should get you through.

Well it gets most of my football related vids through.
This one, but not always effective...

Someone already got three strikes??
h3k1ru
just stop spawning all that videos on youtube, it will solve all the problems

no, srsly, youtube is like scrapyard now:

???
page 2 part 1

page 2 part 2

page 3 part 1

page 3 part 2

many many more..

stop it, its not fun anymore, there already no way to find usefull content on youtube once ur search term hit the song title mapped in osu!
ryza
here's an option: if you wanna find nanahira (or any japanese) music, don't search youtube

that was the worst option in the first place
winber1

Silynn wrote:

here's an option: if you wanna find nanahira (or any japanese) music, don't search youtube

yeah!! serach on osu instead!!
ryza
winber1
b-but it's bubbled!! :3333

:33 :33333333333 bubbleyyy bubblesss :3333

:33
zhurai

winber1 wrote:

Silynn wrote:

yeah!! serach on osu instead!!
and then copy the mp3 out of it

winber1 wrote:

b-but it's bubbled!! :3333

:33 :33333333333 bubbleyyy bubblesss :3333

:33
._____.
ryza
osu is actually a really bad way to get your music

192kbps wat
zhurai

Silynn wrote:

192kbps wat
hmm true, but if you're looking at youtube to get your music in the first place

ryza
yeah I guess osu is better than that. . .

well whatever
Wishy
It's sad to see 50000 players upload their random plays to YouTube and see how they get like 20 views over 3 years, why do they even upload them?

Silynn wrote:

192kbps wat
Most people search for music@YT cause they got shit audio stuff to begin with, even if they get FLAC or TTA files they won't really hear any difference. Then again you'll find lots of retards downloading 3gb per song files and because of their speakers/equalizer quality they can't really get any real difference in quality. I wanted to try that out and copies some "good" osu! MP3 files to my phone, as well as some .TTA files, they both sounded pretty much the same to me, and I'm confident about lots of users being in the same situation while using a PC.
ryza
Lossless formats are pretty useless for normal people

but unless you have really shit speakers/headphones you can easily tell the difference between a standard (320kbps) mp3 and one re-encoded to 192

and then it just gets worse if it was taken from youtube in the first place
h3k1ru
why do u talk about youtube as a source for audio, its pretty bad in most cases

but for preview its more than enough
ryza
well, believe it or not a lot of people rip all of their songs from youtube

but my main point was that there are much better places to search for japanese music than youtube, since most songs won't even be there in the first place
winber1

Silynn wrote:

but my main point was that there are much better places to search for japanese music than youtube
like oshuuuu!?!? >>>>33<~~~~~
~~>3<<<<<~~~
zhurai

Silynn wrote:

well, believe it or not a lot of people rip all of their songs from youtube
(my parents...lol)

winber1 wrote:

Silynn wrote:

but my main point was that there are much better places to search for japanese music than youtube
like oshuuuu!?!? >>>>33<~~~~~
~~>3<<<<<~~~
rofl
Aqo

winber1 wrote:

oshuuuu
just so you know, the correct way to read this game's name is "os"(o,ssss) not "o,su"

at least that's what some guy who heard asians saying it irl tells

kinda like desu
Ohrami

h3k1ru wrote:

just stop spawning all that videos on youtube, it will solve all the problems

no, srsly, youtube is like scrapyard now:

???
page 2 part 1

page 2 part 2

page 3 part 1

page 3 part 2

many many more..

stop it, its not fun anymore, there already no way to find usefull content on youtube once ur search term hit the song title mapped in osu!
How to solve your problem
ryza

yay kyou-kun~ no osu on that page at all!

just kidding, those are the only two osu videos there lol
show more