show more
Pizzicato
My Kalafina videos got deleted :(
USPC

Pizzicato wrote:

My Kalafina videos got deleted :(
yeah Kalafina songs are highly licensed i had to delete 'em too
MST_Spica
Me too... What's wrong with my video? Why am I the only one who get blocked? I saw other people's video was there! No Double Time and No Mods, just like mine... but why? My first and second video was blocked! If my ID got the third strike, then I'm done for...
https://youtu.be/gD7LDYBiCOI
That's my video's URL... anyone know how to solve it?
Minhtam

MST_Spica wrote:

Me too... What's wrong with my video? Why am I the only one who get blocked? I saw other people's video was there! No Double Time and No Mods, just like mine... but why? My first and second video was blocked! If my ID got the third strike, then I'm done for...
https://youtu.be/gD7LDYBiCOI
That's my video's URL... anyone know how to solve it?
If your video got blocked, it's only a matter of time before similar videos get blocked as well.

I usually try to go out of my way to check and make sure that the map I plan to feature in my channel will not be blocked before I feature it.

One tidbit is that if you are going to feature a map that has video playing in the background, such as an anime opening, you have to realize that it's not just the song that is copyrighted but the animation as well. Easiest fix would be to disable the video when featuring such a song, if you're going to feature it at all.
Void Scroll

Ohrami wrote:

Just wait for when this actually happens to osu!.
Yes, I am late, but it wouldn't happen. Osu!'s policy is to block songs that their original owners deem to infringe their copyrights.

And yes, it is annoying... ;-; Here, take a look at this:
Seriously, I only amount to as many as 30 views, give me a break !

One way to solve this is to look at the terms of Fair Use, mostly ask yourself this question: "Does me putting their song in my video adversely affect their ability to make money out of it ?".
See the big picture, yes, you don't directly affect it, but if someone downloads your video, and extracts the sound out of it, bam ! They have the original owner's music file with loud sound effects in the background.
I haven't checked in detail but I think osu! videos fall under Fair Use, only thing to do now is dispute the claims and hope for the best.
StephOsu
holy fucking shit self-conscious necromancer
had necromancers gone too far?
Pixie
Does YouTube remove it if you give credit in the description to the artists and songs?
chainpullz

doggochan wrote:

Does YouTube remove it if you give credit in the description to the artists and songs?
Yes. That doesn't change the fact that it's copyrighted and putting the fair use copy pasta in the description doesn't magically make it fair use.
Samyueru Neko
A video I uploaded 4 MONTHS AGO was just striked. It got blocked in 4 countries. I dont really care as long as its allowed in my home country though, and im not monetising my vids. Still, they could have been a bit quicker...
Void Scroll

Pixie wrote:

That can happen, it depends on the policy of the original owner.
Some will just put ads on it, some will block videos on certain countries, some will mute the audio.
Some might make a combination of the above.

Certain others will straight up take down the videos.

Disclaimers or giving credit won't change anything about it.
Disputing the claims if you are fair use is the only way.
He Ang CTB
One of my old CTB vids got me in huge trouble. I had that video uploaded on PRIVATE (AKA nobody can view it except me) with full title and description credit, it only had 4 views all of which was mine, and it was more than one year old. But somehow that video got taken down, and my channel got a COPYRIGHT STRIKE for 6 MONTHS. I couldn't tag anything, I couldn't customise thumbnails, I couldn't upload long videos, and new videos take forever to process, FOR SIX MONTHS.

My take on uploading videos on YouTube is that you should try your best to avoid things like anime OPs, artists like kors k and any IIDX related songs/composers. Otherwise you might get yourself into a huge headache.
Roku OEK
I make osu! YouTube videos but only some get claimed I've never had a strike, certain songs like Promise by Kohmi Hirose gets blocked in all countries but never file a dispute if it's claimed by the actual owners of the song as this can get you a strike I just let the claimant monetize it if it's theirs and leave it be first osu video I upload was on November 15th 2015 has 68views hasn't been claimed or that yet.
Hiro-Senpai
Plss let this thread die, reviving so much.

Copyright strike really depends on the song
Some songs don't bring copyright strikes while other ones do.
Ronja

thelewa wrote:

Just use really damn loud hitsounds
Ronja
if youre DT a map use NC
but if not.
then just credit in description or just
simply
dont
upload
:^)
KupcaH
why revive this?
Ronja

KupcaH wrote:

why revive this?
bored dude
Film28
Well you are not the only one I Got myself a strike yesterday it's my 2nd strike[*]

(Sorry for my bad English. I'm Poland Person)
Akanagi

KupcaH wrote:

why revive this?
Flanster
I don't always use search tools but when I do, I didn't the timestamps.