forum

What Lessons Have You Learned in Your Life?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Shohei Ohtani
It's a bad idea to post pictures of your penis on a public forum.
Hoverlegs
For me it doesn't feel awkward at all, in fact it feels really great when I add someone without telling them and then seeing

she_old
You don't relax today and work tomorrow, you work today and relax tomorrow.
^ anti-procrastination.

I still love procrastinating though.
Kanye West
When life gives you a nice phone, tie your soul to it.
Kaona

Hoverlegs wrote:

For me it doesn't feel awkward at all, in fact it feels really great when I add someone without telling them and then seeing

YES.
Wojjan

Kanye West wrote:

When life gives you a nice phone, tie your soul to it.
This item is Soulbound, it cannot be traded to other players.
Aeidxst
Forgive but never forget *serious atmosphere*
Sleep Powder
My life has been nothing but predictable events that I have manipulated and taken advantage of. I considered myself to be very lucky. At the same time, it was made of unfortunate events. You can't really have luck without having any unlucky things happening. I became frustrated at the linear and repetitive path my life kept taking no matter what the decision. What have I learned?

Too much, yet so little.

Chapter 1 Completed
Kaona
Don't type online how you would say certain things in real life - it can come off as offensive or in the completely wrong context.

I guess certain things I say have to have the facial expression, tone and body language with it for my intention to come across as clear. :(
Kanye West

Kaona wrote:

Don't type online how you would say certain things in real life - it can come off as offensive or in the completely wrong context.

I guess certain things I say have to have the facial expression, tone and body language with it for my intention to come across as clear. :(
I completely agree.

This is why I don't like talking to people on the internet. It's like th e mentality is totally different.
Seph
i thought we had something special kanye
Kanye West

Seph wrote:

i thought we had something special kanye
who are you and why are you in my bed
Hoverlegs
bow chika wow wow
Kud-Chan
1. I'm always sadder than I feel
2. Girls love guys that cry... even for things that she herself would never cry for
3. Adorable things are adorable
4. Crying is fun and addicting, I love rewatching sad anime all the time just to be sad and cry, it's not like I'm a depressing person it just feels good
5. No matter how hard I try, I never seem to fit in, not even with other people that never seem to fit in
6. Reading Youtube comments will make me go crazy, I can't ignore ignorant people or trolls, I always have to reply to them.. why can't I stop?
7. osu! will never die - I've played osu longer than any other game, well I guess technically I have but it's really an on-off thing, no matter how many times I get bored and leave I always end up coming back to play
8. Music can be anything. It can be happiness, sadness and everything inbetween. No matter what happens, music will be there.

All I think of off top of head ;P
Topic Starter
mathexpert

Kud-Chan wrote:

5. No matter how hard I try, I never seem to fit in, not even with other people that never seem to fit in
This is actually a pretty profound statement.
Kanye West

Kud-Chan wrote:

2. Girls love guys that cry... even for things that she herself would never cry for
4. Crying is fun and addicting, I love rewatching sad anime all the time just to be sad and cry, it's not like I'm a depressing person it just feels good
no
she_old

Kanye West wrote:

Kaona wrote:

I completely agree.

This is why I don't like talking to people on the internet. It's like th e mentality is totally different.
I hate it because I can't express myself in the same way with funny faces or voice changes, also I can't punch someone in the face.
okenoshofu
  • I'll never graduate high school if I continue being such an ass.
    The only way to stop thinking sad things is to eat a lot of sweets.
    Don't share your emotions over things that they will never understand.
    If you want to keep your friends, put up a happy front and enjoy life.
okenoshofu

mathexpert9981 wrote:

Kud-Chan wrote:

This is actually a pretty profound statement.
ME
Topic Starter
mathexpert
“The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.”

- Alvin Toffler, 1970
sakana_aki
Let nature go its way. Don't try and provoke things to go your way, and don't try and stop it. Just let it be, god damn it.
Seph
Never hope.
Never expect anything.
Nothing will change.
Topic Starter
mathexpert

sakana_aki wrote:

Don't try and provoke things to go your way, and don't try and stop it. Just let it be, god damn it.

Seph wrote:

Never hope.
Never expect anything.
Nothing will change.
These mentalities alarm me. If visionaries like Martin Luther King Jr, Abraham Lincoln, Steve Jobs, Charles Darwin, Benjamin Franklin, Ludwig van Beethoven, Albert Einstein, Ghandi, [the list goes on...] had that mindset, we would be living in a vastly different world. Honestly, we would still be in the stone age - "oh hey, these stone tools are fine, why should we hope for anything better?"

This can be applied to life. Some things in life you have to work for; with your blood, sweat, and tears, to build a life that you can be proud of. Yeah, life isn't fair. But that doesn't mean you can't make it fair.
Seph
well if you were probably me you'd understand
Topic Starter
mathexpert
^ I suppose context is important, as well.

On a different note,
What I've learned in my life, specifically in my years being on the internet/forums, is that one is constantly changing, and there is nothing you can to do except push forward and learn from past mistakes.
This comes from two things: 1) Forum posts are kind of like a more natural diary entry; it shows what you're thinking at the particular time 2) I've been in various forums since I was 8, which is a pretty early age.
Looking back at posts when I was 8, or even some from a year ago, they are radically different from what I am posting now. Just looking at some of them make me cringe - you know that user that obviously has no idea what's going on? Yeah, that's me. Poor grammar and overuse of ellipses, smileys, words like uber ...uggg. It's like an exponential increase of facepalm, as I go farther back. In all honesty, what sucks the most is that although I may think what I'm typing now is totally rational, when I look back at this stuff years in the future, it'll probably be the same.
It's not a bad thing though. Just me being a little introspective, and possibly overly self-critical.

and to people reading this, yoroshiku onegaishimasu, because I'm still learning every day~
Wojjan

okenoshofu wrote:

• The only way to stop thinking sad things is to eat a lot of sweets.
Wow you guys need help
Aqo
Eating sweets really helps tho

Like a chocolate bar and some chocolate milk every day for lunch and then croissants and cake for dinner.
Wojjan
It helps but it's not the ONLY way I mean fuck
It's not even a way to stop it it just suppresses it.

• the only way to stop thinking sad things is to be involved in less sad shit and kick more ass
she_old

Wojjan wrote:

• the only way to stop thinking sad things is to be involved in less sad shit and kick more ass
hell yeah 8-) 8-) 8-)
mental control also helps
Aqo

Wojjan wrote:

but you know that's just a way of suppressing it really since once you suddenly get involved in something sad your entire around you will collapse and it'll hit you harder since you're not used to it

better just eat more candy
she_old
One must be really weak to suddenly collapse from suppressing it.
And too much candy makes you fat >:

However if it's suppressing the need to go to the toilet I can understand though, but eating candy sounds like a bad idea then.
Kaona

loseri wrote:

Maybe they are lucky enough to be blessed with fast metabolisms?
Wojjan

Aqo wrote:

Wojjan wrote:

but you know that's just a way of suppressing it really since once you suddenly get involved in something sad your entire around you will collapse and it'll hit you harder since you're not used to it

better just eat more candy
Kanye West

Kaona wrote:

loseri wrote:

Maybe they are lucky enough to be blessed with fast metabolisms?
Not an excuse to eat shit.
Vext_old
lol I burn more calories digesting food than I gain from eating it. If only I was a girl... God I'd be a fucking slutty bitch lesbian.
Seph
I know the feel.
Lizzehb
Start college RIGHT out of high school when you have people to help you! Don't be 21, living at home, and working a minimum wage job.
And BRUSH YOU DAMN TEETH. Getting them fixed is expensive.
Don't stay in a relationship with a person just for them, make sure it's for you too.
BrokenArrow
Time heals all wounds.
Mints
Staying up late is a bad idea
silmarilen

Lizzehb wrote:

Don't be 21, living at home, and working a minimum wage job.
oops
show more