forum

[resolved] osu! frame lag randomly got worse

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gohgo
Hey, I've recently been playing osu! a lot more, and ever since August 2019 (when I upgraded to my new PC) I've been consistently getting 0.5ms of frame lag.

About 8 days ago, I took a break and during this time, I did not change any osu! settings but for some reason, now that I've come back, my frame lag always starts off low (~0.89ms) when I play a new map in my current osu! session, but after a few moments, it goes up to 3.0ms and stays there, even if I retry the map.

I've already tried asking for help on Reddit, so the actions listed on the post linked below have already been taken by me.

I've tried a bunch of other different things, like raising my processor's clock speed, closing everything while osu! is running, uninstalling a Windows update that occurred between April 11th (when I went on break) and April 19th (today) and changing some GPU settings on the Nvidia control panel.

Here are some computer specs, if they can help in any way possible.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB

Thank you.

Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/g2p206/frame_time_randomly_dropped/
osu! version: Stable 20200320 (latest)
Death
Some people were reporting performance issues after an NVIDIA update not too long ago. So check to see which graphics drivers you have installed, and if they are recent, perhaps try rolling back a version or two to see if you notice a difference.
Topic Starter
Gohgo
Thank you so much! I had to go two versions back (to version 442.74) to fix it.
You have no idea how much frustration you have just relieved me from..
Death
No problem. Let's hope the next update fixes whatever is causing this issue (still not sure why it has made a difference for so many people).
Eraan
Yep, same with me. from 0.4ms to 3.0ms But i downloaded same version as you and now i have my 0.4ms back! Ty man