forum

Protect chat tabs from being closed by accident

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +85
Topic Starter
TicClick
It may be a good idea to put a lock icon near every channel on channels list, so people can hide/show close button for it.
theowest
I always wanted a lock for my tabs.

also, this could help too: t/104870
ctrl+shift+t
How about a confirmation dialog to close tabs? When we clicks the close button there's a confirmation whether you're going to close it or not, just like Always confirm before exiting osu! option.
Topic Starter
TicClick

inverness wrote:

How about a confirmation dialog to close tabs? When we clicks the close button there's a confirmation whether you're going to close it or not, just like Always confirm before exiting osu! option.
But we don't need a confirmation for such a simple action, do we? With this, closing tabs becomes a hell for everyone who has more than, say, 5 conversations and wants to end them.
theowest
A confirmation for tabs is retarded. It's already been denied afaik.
Saten
Restore/Lock sounds better imo

Also, confirmation is un-needed

The confirmation upon closing the game is removed (You can still enable/disable via user.cfg)
It may appear regardless if you're trying to close it in a different way.
[Dellirium]
I support this, take some of my stars :>

Also I'd like to unsee #osu and #announce. Hate to close them every time. I think should this lock button remember closed channels?
puncia
What about clicking 2 times the X in the tab? It's something like a confirmation and it isn't boring.
jemhuntr
don't think so. this (i mean that^) just makes closing of tabs harder. If you're used to closing tabs by clicking it once, it'd be so hassle to even double click.
Sakura
How about a lock button that locks all channel tabs in place and removes the (X) close button, while still allowing to move #highlight, #spectator, #multiplayer, PMs and only in the outbounds of the channel tabs, and they would retain an (X) to close them.

Additionally a toggle for the confirmation box (Confirm before closing channel tabs/PMs) would be another idea.

I remember there are games that have some sort of "Lock HUD/GUI" option that prevents you from moving anything around or closing it.
[Dellirium]

Sakura wrote:

I remember there are games that have some sort of "Lock HUD/GUI" option that prevents you from moving anything around or closing it.
In every MMOG.
theowest
Created a request related to this one t/117512/
about being able to "Lock chat tabs in place & Keep them there upon restart"

Different because you still might want to move them around when they're protected.
dkun
I would love this. Have a few votes.
Flanster
Have my invisible support!
[Dellirium]
I was looking at some good topics like t/117512/ (keep locked tabs) and suddenly remembered about this underrated topic.
Compa
Confirmation isn't good
Someone can accidentally slip their finger two times on the trackpad (Like me who accidentally clicked a random name in the chat and when trying to close I clicked report.)(Yes, I fail :-( )
Ezekeial
Good idea, but yes confirmation would be a pain, although I'm all for the locking idea, it seems like it would be wonderful.
Topic Starter
TicClick
well it could be a "double click to close" option
Flanster
Bump. Need this.
BounceBabe
That happened so often to me. Maybe double click to close would be better?
Seijiro
I'd personally be fine with the double click here, since I rarely (probably never) double click on anything in osu
The lock feature sounds more alluring here tho
Frozen_Rhythm
I prefer both confirmation and locking options. It will be useful sometimes.