forum

A beatmap that's not a pp map, but gives lots of pp.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hoshino-Ai
We play in a version of osu! where maps not longer than a minute can give H U M U N G U S amounts of pp, I won't lie, it is pretty impressive.

Sure, pp maps are also fun to play especially when the song is one of your favorite songs.

Talk about Zen Zen Zense amirite-

In a world where minute long maps can give lots of pp. There should be a map out there that can atleast give tons of pp, and it isn't a pp map.
Come on, Centipede pushed osu! to it's limits, there should be a chance that a non-pp map that gives out lots of pp exists.

What's the difference of a non-pp map and a pp map?

In my eyes, a pp map either means jumps or streams. Not sure which is nerfed...

A non-pp map is purely made for fun and is pretty lengthy.

I'm not 100% sure what really separates a pp map and a non-pp map from each other, I guess it's really up to you to research it.

But anyway, getting back to the topic "A non-pp map that gives a lot of pp".

Does it exist?

I'm looking for a map that has a sizeable amount of jumps and streams, I don't really mind about the length. Since I love long maps, so with the difficulty, if it's 4*, 5* I don't mind it either.

Ever since I played some of Monstrata's maps, the thought just came into my head.

If there isn't any answer then I'm taking the harder route.

I gotta make my own...
Juuuuuuuuul
yes it exist,

beatmapsets/998836#osu/2089071

this map is a 4* and will give you around 250pp if you do very well on it. (no-mod)

Have fun o/
Ryuto
Imo a pp map is a map that gives lots of pp for it's difficulty.
Simon12

FatalPencil wrote:

I don't really mind about the length. Since I love long maps, so with the difficulty, if it's 4*, 5* I don't mind it either.

Juuuuuuuuul wrote:

yes it exist,

this map is a 4* and will give you around 250pp if you do very well on it. (no-mod)

Have fun o/

"idc about length, but I still want to get pp out of it"

Map: 30 minutes

Me: Good luck on this one, you'll need it

Endaris

Ryuto wrote:

Imo a pp map is a map that gives lots of pp for it's difficulty.

This is true.

FatalPencil wrote:

a non-pp map that gives out lots of pp exists.

If it gave a lot of pp it wouldn't be a non-pp map.

Just play Best FriendS full size or something.

Simon12 wrote:

Not quite lucky enough. ;(
mulraf
i would define a pp (farm) map as a map, that is used for pp farming by the majority of the community, when aiming for a good pp score. going by this definition a map can give you lots of pp despite not being a pp farm map. this could be accomplished by a unique skillset, different to the majority of the playerbase.
this is pretty vague, of course there is no exact line. but to get a rough idea i would use grumd's website: https://osu-pps.com/#/osu/maps . if you manage to do a play of a map that is very deep down (low overwheigtedness) in a range of pp close to that play (+/- 10% of the plays pp maybe?) but you thought it wasn't too hard, then you just played such a map you're looking for imho.
i, for example, have this a fc on this map beatmapsets/668069#osu/1414519 . due to it's length it's definitely not a farm map and that shows on grumds site with an overwheigtedness of 6 which is veery low. but for me it honestly wasn't that hard because i have consistancy but not as much speed or aim etc. as other people in my pp range.
maybe you have some anti-meta skills? like maybe ez? fl? or even though it's slowly becoming more meta speed? stuff like that, y'know?
Simon12

Endaris wrote:

Simon12 wrote:

Not quite lucky enough. ;(

almost 6k combo

wp
Naiad

mulraf wrote:

maybe you have some anti-meta skills? like maybe ez? fl? or even though it's slowly becoming more meta speed? stuff like that, y'know?

I'm pretty reasonable at EZ and can fc pretty much any map I fc nomod with EZ, but there is no point. It's hard to fc maps with ez that are similar star to nomod maps you fc. The large cs does help, but even if you can deal with the ar easily, it takes a little bit of focus and attention to read the map and you will have a slightly harder time aiming it, almost counterbalancing the benefit of the low CS, so there is basically no point. Maybe if you are ekoro or something you are literally totally unbothered by the low ar (I doubt he is, he probably is bothered a little) then maybe its worth it but the number of people like that are just a handful at best.
Molly Sandera
I wouldn't think of non farm maps that potentially give more pp than usual, but then i played this: beatmapsets/128931#osu/847315 specifically hyper difficulty. Not that hard to aim, so i suppose the real difficulty is the finger control and speed of this? (I don't think they are overrated, in my play I can't seem to get a full 300 in a stack of 5, only in a stack of three (i hit the last two in 100, meaning i understreamed this bpm)
Juuuuuuuuul

FatalPencil wrote:

I'm looking for a map that has a sizeable amount of jumps and streams, I don't really mind about the length. Since I love long maps, so with the difficulty, if it's 4*, 5* I don't mind it either.

Well, the map that i linked before is an extreme example,
if you're still looking for long maps around 4* and 5*, you may take a look at my top 100,
it's full of 4, 5, or more minutes maps, some are low ar, some are bursts maps, some jumpy,
mainly low bpm stuff, and only a few "farm maps".
i think you'll find some interesting stuff in it.

Have fun. :)
Topic Starter
Hoshino-Ai

Juuuuuuuuul wrote:

yes it exist,

Have fun o/
A 30 minute-long, 4* beatmap that gives 200+ pp...

I can do this. Not the 1st, nor 2nd, or 5th try. But I'm going to do it.