forum

Should I be focusing more on patterns or accuracy?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
keyrinn
What the title says. Right now I’m just starting to be able to play some of the harder 3* maps but my accuracy is very low on these maps (<=90%) and my accuracy really isn’t great on the easier Onis either. Should I keep aiming to moving on to 4* maps or would it be better to try and improve my accuracy on the easier Onis first?
BrokenArrow
I mean, accuracy is something that will keep improving the more you play, whether you focus on it or not. Patterns on the other hand you will only learn by actually playing them, so I'd say seek out some more 4* maps and try to get better acc along the way :P
DeletedUser_4050493
learning pattern 1st is always good for me, because the only way I can train my acc is if I know how to hit the pattern and then working out the consistency to hit the pattern, not too fast and not too slow to keep in sync with the music
StickWarsLit
Getting FC's on onis won't improve your acc on muzukashiis. Plus, trying to learn more complex patterns will be harder if you have trouble with the easier patterns in the same song. I try to reach 97% on sightread before moving up my difficulty range
elijahbeef
Learning Patterns, I Just Finished A Tough Map With A D But Now Its Easier From Learning The Pattern
apaajaboleh10
Not sure about this one, but I think I will improve the accuracy until it reaches a certain level (above 95%), and then learn more pattern.
Aiery
why not both