osu!mania - 300 VS 300g

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Reelix

>_>

I was perfect, but less perfect than someone who wasn't - Wonderful :(
XPJ38

That's because you did less MAXs (= 300g = coloured 300) than osiris_san.

300 and 300g are equally accurate, but 300g gives you more points.
Topic Starter
Reelix

XPJ38 wrote:

300 and 300g are equally accurate, but 300g gives you more points.
Since I was using the "Perfect" mod, I (Rather falsely) assumed that it only allowed perfect accuracy :p

How can two different timings be equally accurate, yet not as accurate as one another? Seems rather deceptive, wouldn't you say... ?
Aqo
Am I seeing correctly that the other dude used DT while your play was normaltime
Topic Starter
Reelix

Aqo wrote:

Am I seeing correctly that the other dude used DT while your play was normaltime
There are no upwards score modifiers in osu!mania - HR, Hidden, DT, Flashlight gives the same combo modifier as normal
Aqo

Reelix wrote:

There are no upwards score modifiers in osu!mania - HR, Hidden, DT, Flashlight gives the same combo modifier as normal
Yeah but the game probably still detects that using DT makes you more of a badass and ranks you higher according to that.
GoldenWolf
But maybe you need to be even more accurate to do 300g like it's OD10 or something ?
I don't know I don't play mania, just my two cents.
XPJ38
Aqo you are wrong, the game doesn't care about DT right now.

XPJ38 wrote:

How can two different timings be equally accurate, yet not as accurate as one another? Seems rather deceptive, wouldn't you say...?
In fact, having a MAX means that you hit with a better accuracy than a regular 300. The thing is that they just give the same accuracy, i.e. 100%.
It is indeed a bit disturbing at first, but you will eventually get used to it.

Note that the scoring system is still in beta testing, and it could be changed soon.
XGeneral2000
300g is actually worth 320 points, and requires more accuracy. DT doesn't offer a score modifier, but reduces punish (bonus reduction) for non-300's. Yeah, it's kinda weird that both 300g and 300 give 100%, but whatever. I just think of it like spinner bonus. Two SS's might not be worth the same, and it's possible to beat an SS with an S by outspinning.
Topic Starter
Reelix
Turns out, the skin I was using wasn't giving a blatant enough variation between the two different types - I disabled the skin, re-played the song (A few times), and missed a note, just to prove a point:

Now, if anyone thinks it's fair that a miss can beat a 100% acc, please be happy to inform me :)
XGeneral2000
Well, you missed the last note, which by current osu!mania scoring, doesn't really do much. The big punishment for missing is resetting your bonus modifier to 0, which affects the score of notes that come after the miss. If you don't have any notes that come after the miss, you just don't get points for that one note.

Scoring

I don't know if I agree with the current scoring system either, but that's how it is right now.
Topic Starter
Reelix

XGeneral2000 wrote:

The big punishment for missing is resetting your bonus modifier to 0
Unlike osu!, CtB, and Taiko, the "Multiplier" is not a multiplier - I've had several cases where I've had up to triple their multiplier (Due to not missing a note - 200 multi VS 700 multi and the likes) and I've still been beaten. 300 (And more importantly 300g) is all that matters.
lolcubes

Reelix wrote:

Now, if anyone thinks it's fair that a miss can beat a 100% acc, please be happy to inform me :)
Mega accuracy is rewarded. It's a good thing. Since the maximum score is so much smaller compared to other modes, this is where the real battle begins. It's a rhythm game, and timing is very important.

Just keep in mind that not everyone will be happy with any system, so people will just have to deal with it.
XPJ38

Reelix wrote:

Turns out, the skin I was using wasn't giving a blatant enough variation between the two different types - I disabled the skin, re-played the song (A few times), and missed a note, just to prove a point:

This is fair for me: you did a much better job at improving your number of MAXs, and that's all that matters.
Winshley
The scoring system is similar to Guitar Hero, except that you started with "Guitar Hero's 4× Multiplier" (anyone played this game should know what I mean~ :P)