forum

Make cursor invisible in CTB permanently [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
There is no reason why we should be able to see the cursor during CTB gameplay. It serves only as a distraction when I accidentally nudge my mouse.
ColdTooth
I agree to this.
benguin
What about access to the fun spoiler settings?
theowest
Wouldn't it be better if it just automatically hides after a second?
eldnl

theowest wrote:

Wouldn't it be better if it just automatically hides after a second?
This, because the cursor is still usefull, but this could be annoying for people who uses the mouse to dash, so, an option to disable it?
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
You have to pause the game to access fun spoiler settings. You still should be able to see the cursor while paused, because how else would you click the buttons. but while you're playing, viewing the cursor is pointless and annoying.

I think I phrased my OP poorly. I will restructure it for clarity.

Edit: theowest it already hides after a second. I spend time trying to move it into a corner of the screen where it wont get in the way of the beats.

Disabling mouse movement would solve this, but I just don't see a point to making it visible at all.
benguin
You don't have to pause to access the fun spoiler settings (I actually didn't even know that menu was accessible from the pause menu, lol)
theowest
then I don't see much point in this request any more.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne

theowest wrote:

Umm we can't disable mouse movements? And further more i don't want to have to reenable mouse movements every time i go back to standard.
benguin

theowest wrote:

There's still the issue of the few people that use the mouse buttons to play CtB, I can imagine it being annoying to see the cursor disappearing and appearing every second.
Mercurial

benguin wrote:

What about access to the fun spoiler settings?
Escape -> Fun Spoiler.

Supporting this, the mouse cursor is really annoying (Like playing with SB).
peppy
It should already hide after a few seconds in CtB mode.
James2250
Yes it does. But the OP wants it disabled completely so that it doesn't appear even when you move the mouse. (Which I am not sure I agree with...just don't touch the mouse?).
peppy
why
Mitsuhide
+support.
Hiding the cursor in CTB would also help while using relax mod. It gets very irritating there.

EDIT: oh invalid. Saw that too late >_> But how about hiding it only while using relax mod?
James2250
Hiding it during relax mod is a good point.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Someone explain to me why this is invalid. I've implied that there are no good reasons to have it appear. And noone has given a valid reason so far, so why is this invalid?

No valid reason to disagree = valid request
benguin
The problem: "We don't like seeing the mouse cursor :c"

Solution: Don't touch the mouse when playing ?_? We don't need to implement this feature to solve this problem when the solution is as simple as NOT doing something.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Okay so i'm using left click to hyperdash. So I don't know how i can left click while not touching the mouse, and using the keyboard is uncomfortable.

I swear I'm going to a BAT if this invalid isn't justified, because noone has told me any reason why I should be able to see my cursor when I move my mouse that reflects my preferred method of playing style.
James2250
I actually forgot you could even use left click to hyperdash.....have used shift since ctb came out.
But clicking the mouse doesn't even make the cursor appear (I just went and tested). I can easily click my mouse without moving it.
VoidnOwO
:oops:
show more