[osu!mania] Change Autoconverted 4-6k Insanes to be Denser

posted
Total Posts
37
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +8
Topic Starter
Bites
For insane maps which default to 7k, would it be possible to change the lower keycounts to have denser amounts of notes? Here is an example.

The Big Black stream sections, would go from this..



To perhaps looking something like this?



As you can see, there are far more notes to worry about hitting - you would need very good coordination and skill to hit these patterns well, even if you're only playing on four columns, as opposed to hitting one at a time on 7k.

It would make 4-6k less of an 'easymode' and perhaps the score reduction could be lifted up to about 0.90x for insane maps which this takes place on, as while 7k players have more columns to focus on, 4-6k players have to worry about hitting more notes per second.

This could allow for more competition between the skilled 4, 5, and 6k players in the osu!mania community on the maps where it really counts, as well as those awesome 7k pros.
Zyph
nice idea :') I'd definitely like to see this implemented.
Woshiwobi
Ok, I got your point but in the end, do you really want to play flooded maps with no sense? This first pictures show pretty nieces 3er steps combos ( one of my favors on pad ) and iin the second picture you are going to add some extra notes besides existing notes and over float the maps with jumps. I’m not sure how to pronounced it, but the fleer of the 4k game mode will fall. It is still a rhythm game and not a crashing your keyboard game ^^ And in the end, who cares about competition the 4 k mode and the 7 k mode? 4 k was originally made for pad users… and yeah I have been playing 4k for many years (also with pad (expert++), but I have been playing now osu!mania for a week and 7 / 8 k is a way more fun if you going to handle out how this works.

Edit: To say it clearly, I like your idea, but it is really hard to make good 4 k songs (and almost impossible for an algorithm) …and just putting some extra note won’t solve the problem ( well for me xD ). For a example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu0iTSWnPdY this songs is pretty hard to play ( also for keyboard ), but this map isen’t flooded with notes ^^
Topic Starter
Bites

Woshiwobi wrote:

Ok, I got your point but in the end, do you really want to play flooded maps with no sense?
If you aren't a skilled enough 4k player, yes - you will think that it has no sense, and you won't understand why anyone would want this.

But honestly, it's not as impossible as you might think - a top tier FFR or SM player does songs about that difficulty with ease. It's actually far more enjoyable, and far more rhythmic than just having single notes. But, of course, much harder than single notes.

..And then there's Staiain.



But really, it won't make it over the top difficult, but it will make it more enjoyable and fun for the experienced players.

Woshiwobi wrote:

For a example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu0iTSWnPdY this songs is pretty hard to play ( also for keyboard ), but this map isen’t flooded with notes ^^
That song is ridiculously, RIDICULOUSLY easy. Perhaps not to quad, like seen in the video, but it's not a hard song by any circumstance.
BRBP
:oops:
Archangel Tirael
If I understand you correctly, this future cause senseless misunderstandable notespam.
Agka

BRBP wrote:

A typical story of a pro 4k-only player.

1. Pick a song, any song
2. Place 1/1 or 1/2 double notes until the first chorus. Remember, do not use any long notes, they're boring
3. When the chorus starts fill it with either 1/4 or 1/8 stream single notes
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the song ends
5. Rage at forums for not getting it ranked
6. Make a thread asking to make existing songs harder
are you stupid or what
Topic Starter
Bites

Archangel Tirael wrote:

If I understand you correctly, this future cause senseless misunderstandable notespam.
I reiterate, anyone who is bad and can't read or hit complicated 4k patterns will not understand this feature request. You do not understand correctly.

This is perfectly within reason and perfectly possible.

BRBP wrote:

A typical story of a pro 4k-only player.

1. Pick a song, any song
2. Place 1/1 or 1/2 double notes until the first chorus. Remember, do not use any long notes, they're boring
3. When the chorus starts fill it with either 1/4 or 1/8 stream single notes
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the song ends
5. Rage at forums for not getting it ranked
6. Make a thread asking to make existing songs harder
I've never seen a post this bad

Okay, so, what? I don't even get what you're trying to say with this post. Is this what you assume 4k players do to create files? Because it really isn't and you're making yourself look incredibly ignorant.
Woshiwobi

Bites wrote:

Woshiwobi wrote:

Ok, I got your point but in the end, do you really want to play flooded maps with no sense?
If you aren't a skilled enough 4k player, yes - you will think that it has no sense, and you won't understand why anyone would want this.

But honestly, it's not as impossible as you might think - a top tier FFR or SM player does songs about that difficulty with ease. It's actually far more enjoyable, and far more rhythmic than just having single notes. But, of course, much harder than single notes.

..And then there's Staiain.
Your way to improve the map make no sense ... like i mentioned before ... the rhytm will goes away .. I didnt say it isn't impossible and I would be able to play this art of difficulty, but cleary watch your postet video, are there any flooted steps? Your art of doing the songs are likes so "oh so single notes mhmm ok, im just going to add some more notes and I have got now many jumps ...", but are the jumps now necessary? on 32er streams u wont need jumps. Like in your postet video the jumps are cleary on half or full beats ...


Woshiwobi wrote:
For a example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu0iTSWnPdY this songs is pretty hard to play ( also for keyboard ), but this map isen’t flooded with notes ^^


That song is ridiculously, RIDICULOUSLY easy. Perhaps not to quad, like seen in the video, but it's not a hard song by any circumstance.
Haha ok. I'm pretty sure, you will never be able to quad this song ... as a FFR or Stepmania player u wont have the accuary to play this song at neraly 99 % ... and yeah, I just want to show you what a good making stepfile is but as it seems you didnt get my point of view ( and it was also a Padfile, means ppl are going to use their feets to play this song, like the guy in the video )



And in the end bites.. feel free to play with me at stepmaniaonline for some songs, you assume that I'm a totaly boon, because I didnt get your point of view, fine ^^
Topic Starter
Bites

Woshiwobi wrote:

Your way to improve the map make no sense ... like i mentioned before ... the rhytm will goes away .. I didnt say it isn't impossible and I would be able to play this art of difficulty, but cleary watch your postet video, are there any flooted steps? Your art of doing the songs are likes so "oh so single notes mhmm ok, im just going to add some more notes and I have got now many jumps ...", but are the jumps now necessary? on 32er streams u wont need jumps. Like in your postet video the jumps are cleary on half or full beats ...
The video I linked was just to show you what -is- possible in stepmania, not necessarily what I want to happen with the feature.

In a lot of 'jumpstream' files, which are quite popular, there IS lots of stream with tons of jumps in it - it is necessary because it adds fun and a new level of difficulty, and also makes the file feel more full if you layer the jumps with extra instruments in the song.



Woshiwobi wrote:

Haha ok. I'm pretty sure, you will never be able to quad this song ... as a FFR or Stepmania player u wont have the accuary to play this song at neraly 99 % ...
I'm more than capable of 99%ing uber rave. Quad is almost impossible for anyone but a handful of MA gods, like Izzy, AlexDest, or as you can see - Calamist.

Woshiwobi wrote:

I just want to show you what a good making stepfile is
Uber Rave is a very old file, and it's not what I'd define as a good stepfile.
FissionMailed
ITT people are terrible at 4k, have no idea what layering is, and should stop posting in this thread.
Agka

FissionMailed wrote:

ITT people are terrible at 4k, have no idea what layering is, and should stop posting in this thread.
ITT people that haven't played 4k in anything other than osu!mania/djmax that think they're masters of 4k and know what they're doing.
AlexDest

Woshiwobi wrote:

Haha ok. I'm pretty sure, you will never be able to quad this song ... as a FFR or Stepmania player u wont have the accuary to play this song at neraly 99 % ... and yeah, I just want to show you what a good making stepfile is but as it seems you didnt get my point of view ( and it was also a Padfile, means ppl are going to use their feets to play this song, like the guy in the video )
Your ignorant statements are appalling, but yet not surprising to me. You don't have the first clue about the Stepmania and FFR communities. Especially what skill level the players are in those communities when it deals with 4key or 6key.

There are plenty of people who can quad stepfiles like Uber Rave on keyboard, it already has been done many years ago.
BRBP
:oops:
FissionMailed
No, you are stupid. Backpeddle away from your ignorance by pulling the "I just love watchng your reactions" card some more.
BRBP
:oops:
benguin
For everyone looking at Bites example picture and think it looks like a random mess, take a closer look, there is structure there.

First of all, the jumps are every other beat. This emphasizes the rhythm by putting the jumps on the stronger "on" beats and putting singles on the weaker "off" beats. Not too mention, if there is an instrument that's only played on the on beat, the extra note from the jump acknowledges that.

Also notice how none of the notes in the example create forced or hidden jacks, the next note/jump only contains note(s) in the lane that weren't in the same lane as the previous note/jump. This ensures still flowy and less awkwardness.

Many 4K "mappers" from other 4K gaming communities are good at "layering" in jumps into a stream when "mapping", it's nothing new, it's an art that many 4K players have mastered already.
Xay
this thread
Archangel Tirael

Bites wrote:

I reiterate, anyone who is bad and can't read or hit complicated 4k patterns will not understand this feature request. You do not understand correctly.
Okay. 80 lvl in DMTR. 3 years of DJMAX... I bad in 4k. LOL! I'm talking about the fact that the charts may lose the logic in this case. For example, in the place where there was one note and, therefore, the author maps wanted at this moment was only one hitsound, will play two notes, thereby breaking the original idea of ​​the author on the sound of this song, and this extra audio will break all logic music. Sorry for Google Translate.
Agka
Archangel Tirael.

My dear the songs as they are converted already aren't what the author intended.

:)
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply