forum

How did you come to know Osu!?

posted
Total Posts
show more
pking_old_1
Somebody on an irc channel i used to frequent told me i should watch their stream. I saw him clicking a bunch of random circles to a song and it looked kinda neat so i had him link me to the dl =p
Axel
Found this game 5 years ago... i don't remember how.
Inflamedmercury
I was on newground playing a game called djmaniax. In the comments someone said " This game is really similar to osu " and so i goggled it and thats how i found osu :P
AmaiHachimitsu
My story about my first day on osu! and the last day of my social life is quite short.

I was chatting on some site with J-Radio enabled and I talked about IOSYS , one girl said "omg I've wasted many plays in osu! on Marisa"

My reaction was "huh? you played a song? THAT song? how? >>> google >>> osu! >>> goodbye
Sekreutz
Searched for some good songs on youtube and found a link to osu!
Osu! does the job now and I can play while at it ^^.
jamster338
I found out about it from a minecraft redstoner called cubehampster. he was streaming it on twitch tv and as i play guitar i though hey a rythem game shouldent be too hard so i downloaded it and started to play and boy was i wrong. I failed so hard and that failing just made me wanna play even more to be able to play those hard maps i started on and now im able to get A-S on them :D
NazzzF
Random dude keep posting his osu! gameplay on facebook and i got interested
nooph
I found this game from a Youtube video. I downloaded it, failed a Mario song about 20 times in a row, uninstalled, downloaded it again 3 years later, and now I'm halfway decent at it.
Ryuti
I watch a youtuber called Tradechat, and she uploaded a video of her playing gentleman. i was like "ooh this is like elite beat agents but for the pc!" and yeah! she played gentleman and was terribad. but still
Ceph23
Lets see...
I think I first found out about this when I was looking for games similar to elite beat agents since I loved it. Came across this and was convinced it sucked because it used a mouse. 3 years later I downloaded the game out of sheer boredom. So glad I did.
Ideolo
I saw a video of the game about a year ago, didn't get around to checking it out until a few months before.
Seikunai
Was busy at MyAnimeList then I asked others for good F2P games.

A lot commented osu! or Gon and Killua's picture saying osu!

I was like hey this feels like DJ MAX Technika! Although it's more like EBA.

T'was the same with AmaiHachimitsu.

Goodbye, social life.
Lyubey
I honestly don't know... I think it was when I was searching through the google play store and found the android app, then I moved onto this!
Destiny
My best friend introduced it to me and I'm really grateful.
tokaku
A friend told me about it, I'm still playing this when I can...
jackmoo3
Long time ago, i saw the news(on some board) that said:
"There is now Thai Osu Fansite"
Then i checked it out and saw amazing over-human gameplays of many over-human players
--* I'm Thai and i'm not good at english sorry if i typed something wrong :)
Mineko
from a friend :o
PyaKura
At first I didn't even what was osu! about. I kept seeing that game's (I had guessed it was a game) name come up pretty often on a skype group and thought it was some sort of random MMO when the people in there talking about the levels (y'know, that feature which barely serves any purpose). I didn't bother checking the game out until one of my friend in the said group invited me to try it out. And I was actually pretty surprised to see it was a rythm game, 99% free, too. Seeing that I was seemingly unable to play standard decently, I looked at the other game modes and saw what I least expected to see : mania mode. Having already played o2jam long time ago and loved the game (I was a child, though), I really started to play osu! with this mode. And now I have barely played any other modes in 9 months. On a side note, I've joined the same day the #1 French mania player (from a pp point of view) joined, as he is also a friend of mine.
Marqueur
A french youtuber made a video on it, it looked fun so i DL it.

The video
Jsdfbn
A YouTube comment surprisingly. Commentor was asking the vid poster if he's ever heard of it, so I was just like, wat is such :v and here I am now lol.
magnetinfinity
My friend invited me to their house, then, she and her brother introduced me to osu. I was still a noob back then, so I didn't have that much interest in playing. A few years later, I decided to actually play osu on my laptop (since back then my mom wouldn't allow me D:) then I got to know a lot of users in my country and discovered new songs and animes due to osu. So I'm happy my friend introduced me to this game. I'm glad I discovered other things on my own around here. :">
MuzikalNotes
My memory's a bit fuzzy, but I remember finding the game through an IRC room for Stepmania.