Total Posts
show more
mathexpert
a youtube video~
Xho
/a/ thread
Cortese
In excursion trip to Russia, two boys were playing weird game
I asked them and they taught me to play this game a bit.
It was today.
But what should I do with my motherland flag? :?
Rio-

Cortese wrote:

But what should I do with my motherland flag? :?
If your flag is wrong...

MillhioreF wrote:

please send any flag change requests to accounts@ppy.sh along with evidence that your flag is wrong.
ChezeHam
My classmate had osu!droid on his phone and was playing it. Then he let me play it and I sucked
so i got it on my phone and practiced
and pwned him
then got osu on my com
and pwned him
and tried out all 4 modes
and pwned him at all of them

I've loved osu ever since :D
Kjellinn_old
Was playing LoL and my pal on skype says: "dude dl osu" to which i replied "no". "dude its free and has like no file size" which made me raise my eyebrow and sit in silence, prompting him to continue. "dude this game is awesome if you except for the japanese blibber-blabber songs."
I was convinced and downloaded osu. The following day was just me tryharding in osu!
daredakke
A friend of mine told me about it and so I downloaded it out of curiousity.

Only actually started playing a month later though, but after that I couldn't stop. I don't think my friend even plays much anymore.
Stevenn
A friend of mine linked me to a livestream of someone playing osu!, I felt the need to try it once and yeah... I sucked.

After that I didn't play like 4 months, then I started watching anime because another friend linked me one and I absolutely loved it, and then boom, I loved osu! (don't even know why :D)
Akiba007
Youtube :)
ZenoDiac
Hmmmmmmm Well this game was copied to me on a LAN like 3/4 years ago, but I never liked it because I didn't understand it.

So about a year later I saw the folder again and decided to take another look. Guess I just picked it up from there, though my friend never told me you can play this for scores submission and rankings so it wasn't until another year or so passed that I figured you can make an account for this.
laport
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/co1t he told me this is a game i can be good at
HappyHappy
Saw Chaox playing it on his stream and i thought holy s*** thats neat.
Teeki_old
Saw it on some stream a while back.

I loved Elite Beat Agents, and the JP versions.

I didn't know this existed, so i was jumping around in excitement, when i eventually found it.
pking_old_1
Somebody on an irc channel i used to frequent told me i should watch their stream. I saw him clicking a bunch of random circles to a song and it looked kinda neat so i had him link me to the dl =p
Axel
Found this game 5 years ago... i don't remember how.
Inflamedmercury
I was on newground playing a game called djmaniax. In the comments someone said " This game is really similar to osu " and so i goggled it and thats how i found osu :P
AmaiHachimitsu
My story about my first day on osu! and the last day of my social life is quite short.

I was chatting on some site with J-Radio enabled and I talked about IOSYS , one girl said "omg I've wasted many plays in osu! on Marisa"

My reaction was "huh? you played a song? THAT song? how? >>> google >>> osu! >>> goodbye
Sekreutz
Searched for some good songs on youtube and found a link to osu!
Osu! does the job now and I can play while at it ^^.
jamster338
I found out about it from a minecraft redstoner called cubehampster. he was streaming it on twitch tv and as i play guitar i though hey a rythem game shouldent be too hard so i downloaded it and started to play and boy was i wrong. I failed so hard and that failing just made me wanna play even more to be able to play those hard maps i started on and now im able to get A-S on them :D
NazzzF
Random dude keep posting his osu! gameplay on facebook and i got interested
nooph
I found this game from a Youtube video. I downloaded it, failed a Mario song about 20 times in a row, uninstalled, downloaded it again 3 years later, and now I'm halfway decent at it.
Ryuti
I watch a youtuber called Tradechat, and she uploaded a video of her playing gentleman. i was like "ooh this is like elite beat agents but for the pc!" and yeah! she played gentleman and was terribad. but still
Ceph23
Lets see...
I think I first found out about this when I was looking for games similar to elite beat agents since I loved it. Came across this and was convinced it sucked because it used a mouse. 3 years later I downloaded the game out of sheer boredom. So glad I did.
Ideolo
I saw a video of the game about a year ago, didn't get around to checking it out until a few months before.
Seikunai
Was busy at MyAnimeList then I asked others for good F2P games.

A lot commented osu! or Gon and Killua's picture saying osu!

I was like hey this feels like DJ MAX Technika! Although it's more like EBA.

T'was the same with AmaiHachimitsu.

Goodbye, social life.
Lyubey
I honestly don't know... I think it was when I was searching through the google play store and found the android app, then I moved onto this!
Destiny
My best friend introduced it to me and I'm really grateful.
tokaku
A friend told me about it, I'm still playing this when I can...
jackmoo3
Long time ago, i saw the news(on some board) that said:
"There is now Thai Osu Fansite"
Then i checked it out and saw amazing over-human gameplays of many over-human players
--* I'm Thai and i'm not good at english sorry if i typed something wrong :)
Mineko
from a friend :o
PyaKura
At first I didn't even what was osu! about. I kept seeing that game's (I had guessed it was a game) name come up pretty often on a skype group and thought it was some sort of random MMO when the people in there talking about the levels (y'know, that feature which barely serves any purpose). I didn't bother checking the game out until one of my friend in the said group invited me to try it out. And I was actually pretty surprised to see it was a rythm game, 99% free, too. Seeing that I was seemingly unable to play standard decently, I looked at the other game modes and saw what I least expected to see : mania mode. Having already played o2jam long time ago and loved the game (I was a child, though), I really started to play osu! with this mode. And now I have barely played any other modes in 9 months. On a side note, I've joined the same day the #1 French mania player (from a pp point of view) joined, as he is also a friend of mine.
Marqueur
A french youtuber made a video on it, it looked fun so i DL it.

The video
Jsdfbn
A YouTube comment surprisingly. Commentor was asking the vid poster if he's ever heard of it, so I was just like, wat is such :v and here I am now lol.
magnetinfinity
My friend invited me to their house, then, she and her brother introduced me to osu. I was still a noob back then, so I didn't have that much interest in playing. A few years later, I decided to actually play osu on my laptop (since back then my mom wouldn't allow me D:) then I got to know a lot of users in my country and discovered new songs and animes due to osu. So I'm happy my friend introduced me to this game. I'm glad I discovered other things on my own around here. :">
MuzikalNotes
My memory's a bit fuzzy, but I remember finding the game through an IRC room for Stepmania.