forum

Ability to customize what we read@#announce.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +100
show more
Goodbye Shin

Soaprman wrote:

I can get behind this. #announce has not once ever been worth looking at. This would let us cut the crap and put stuff we care about in there. I'd wager approximately zero people care that X map got Y plays or whatever...
^Absolutely agree.

Usefull request and gets my vote.
Mara
This is golden. Supporting this one.
PROGUY
Support, but only for Online Favourites and for maps made by the user himself.

The subscription parts seem like a duplicate and they should go to that other topic instead.
Kuro

ReZero wrote:

Would be nice to see #1 notices on taiko as well~

SUPPORTING, too bad I'm out of votes.
deadbeat
i really shouldn't of. but have +10 sp \:D/
be so much more interesting to see more useful things in #announcement
Kuro
BanchoBot: The next public build has been released, please restart osu! or run osume
I would love to see that^
Sometimes I don't close osu! and I just pause the music and Alt + tab to a different window so I won't get an update till days later when I finally close it. It would be nice to get notified in #announce about updates for the public build.
deadbeat
what about letting the BAT/MAT/Alumni get announcements when someone joins the teams.
so if someone joined the MAT, all 3 groups could get an announcement. same with someone joining the BAT or Alunmi.
Kuro

deadbeat wrote:

what about letting the BAT/MAT/Alumni get announcements when someone joins the teams.
so if someone joined the MAT, all 3 groups could get an announcement. same with someone joining the BAT or Alunmi.
That would certainly be nice to add too. Time to show some appreciation for our BATs, MATs, and Alumni! \o/
Topic Starter
Wishy
Bumping.
deadbeat

Wishy wrote:

Bumping.
also how about announcements when bookmarked/subscribed topics get new posts?
[Luanny]

deadbeat wrote:

Wishy wrote:

Bumping.
this idea is awesome lol
theowest

deadbeat wrote:

Wishy wrote:

Bumping.
Sounds pretty personal, almost something to be implemented with the userlog, but that is more for playing imo. I don't think this forum stuff should be so involved with in-game channels.
deadbeat
eh, fair enough. i'm just throwing random idea's out :p
Oinari-sama
Just throwing my ideas out there. How about:

- Announcement when your top score gets knocked out of Top40? (will this put too much stress on the system?)

- Announcement when a friend updates his user page.

- Announcement when someone adds/unadds you as a friend
theowest

Oinari-sama wrote:

Just throwing my ideas out there. How about:

- Announcement when your top score gets knocked out of Top40? (will this put too much stress on the system?)

- Announcement when a friend updates his user page.

- Announcement when someone adds/unadds you as a friend
sounds pretty personal. something for userlog imo. t/117468 You get notified when you get good ranks by the #userlog, why not when you lose them?
Oinari-sama
Oh right there's that thread too. I was just throwing out ideas when I saw this thread but I didn't know where to post them.

While I'm at it I might as well add another idea. What about announcement for new updates? Currently the client does not actively notify the users that an update is available. So if an update is released while I'm in game, I usually find that out "accidentally" (eg crash) or via forum.

tbh the current #announce is of very little use to a not-so competitive, non-mapper user like myself. And yet it auto opens everytime I log in, which I close immediately. Will be nice to find a better use for it (or make it so a user can choose to have #userlog auto open instead of #announce).
[Luanny]
annoucement for userpage updates are pretty useless imo
deadbeat

boat wrote:

#announce: having the option to view #1 ranks achieved in other gamemodes. I'm sure a lot of players of other gamemodes agree with that standard #1s on normals all over aren't particularly interesting.
YERTI

boat wrote:

#announce: having the option to view #1 ranks achieved in other gamemodes. I'm sure a lot of players of other gamemodes agree with that standard #1s on normals all over aren't particularly interesting.
i love it! osu definitely needs it :D
Eni
Bumping this.

This could be a great asset to osu! when released alongside the next version of osu web
_derp
Maybe add new message in #announce when ppls getting really good score like: "WubWoofWolf has got 524 pp by fc'ing Akito - Sakura Cagetsu [Pasonia Insane]", not for all scores, for like 500+ or 450+, this must be interesting.
Zak
Bump because I think #1's for other modes deserve to be in there too, especially since it already puts "(osu!)" in there, why specify the mode if it won't show others?

I mean seriously, how long would it take to even write code for that? It can't be that hard to do it...
Sunkiss

Zak wrote:

Bump because I think #1's for other modes deserve to be in there too, especially since it already puts "(osu!)" in there, why specify the mode if it won't show others?

I mean seriously, how long would it take to even write code for that? It can't be that hard to do it...