forum

Confess

posted
Total Posts
show more
Restless Spirit
I confess: I don't give a shit about most people.

If you think about it, it's only natural. You don't know most people by a pretty huge majority. There's no need to care for them.
Kyonko Hizara

Powersocke wrote:

South

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Powersocke wrote:

Restless Spirit
I edited mah post, fagets.
Kyonko Hizara
I still feel the same tho
Restless Spirit
I didn't change my mind either. Just wanted to point that out.
Mogsy
Well, admittedly, there's a difference between just not caring about most people and being a generally decent person.

I don't care about absolutely everyone I meet, but it doesn't stop me from being decently-mannered towards them since I give them the same general respect I'd expect to be given. Just a matter of being a decent person.

oops srs post in ot time 2 fukken stop
Jarby

Mogsworth wrote:

Well, admittedly, there's a difference between just not caring about most people and being a generally decent person.

I don't care about absolutely everyone I meet, but it doesn't stop me from being decently-mannered towards them since I give them the same general respect I'd expect to be given. Just a matter of being a decent person.

oops srs post in ot time 2 fukken stop
wow mind your manners using a swear word in your post you hippocrit
Da7shadow
I have never finished a Zelda game. Not even Ocarina of Time.
Rorona

Da7shadow wrote:

I have never finished a Zelda game. Not even Ocarina of Time.
If you're terrible with puzzles, it's not really your fault.
Zerostarry
You mean "puzzles" where you have to put a block on a switch to open a door? :roll:
Birdy
As close as I've got to playing a Zelda game, is SSB series.
Jarby

Princess wrote:

You mean "puzzles" where you have to put a block on a switch to open a door? :roll:
I'm going to guess you haven't played the NES game.
South
i said it once and ill say it again

im so bad at this game and no matter how much i practice i never get better

say what u want but this really bothers me
Da7shadow
It's not so much the puzzles that get me, but the lack of useful hints.

SPOILER
>Playing Ocarina of Time
>Going through a temple
>Navi: Listen! Shoot an arrow at <insert object here> to open the door!
>Me: Oh really? And here I am, thinking I was supposed to give it the deathstare!

>Going through the Water Temple
>Find the Zora King's daughter
>She floats up
>I follow
>I find nothing but an ambush and a chest
>I survive
>Me: Where the hell did she go?
>Navi: ...
>Me: Damn fairy. The one time I need you, you don't spam "Listen!"
Bweh

Princess wrote:

That's more like Portal
Cyclohexane

Jarby wrote:

Princess wrote:

Or Ocarina of Time past the first dungeon.
Or Master Quest.
Or Majora's Mask.

Without a strategy guide.
Setsuen
I panic whenever I see a lot of hit circles and lose all sense of rhythm so I can't do Insane/Most high BPM hard songs...
Ironically I can put DT on Easy/Normal songs and have no problem at all, but then it's probably because I don't see 2348294hit circles on screen...
Yoeri
l2p
Play with Hard Rock.
Bweh
Just keep playing
Rorona

Setsuen wrote:

I panic whenever I see a lot of hit circles and lose all sense of rhythm so I can't do Insane/Most high BPM hard songs...
Ironically I can put DT on Easy/Normal songs and have no problem at all, but then it's probably because I don't see 2348294hit circles on screen...
Play Hidden. Alternatively, you can practice playing Big Black with Easy on, but no one wants to do that.

Edit: Next page swag
Shohei Ohtani

Mr Color wrote:

Jarby wrote:

Or Ocarina of Time past the first dungeon.
Or Master Quest.
Or Majora's Mask.

Without a strategy guide.
It's funny because I haven't done any of these.
Zerostarry
I have beaten OoT and Master's Quest many times when I was younger..nothing really confused me except for the water temple

Haven't played NES was born too late for that
Kanye West
Played plenty of donkey Kong country and Mario bros on snes, heck even played duck hunt on nes ans thought it was the coolest thing ever.
Cyclohexane
The worst thing was still Zelda NES 2nd quest

god
mathexpert

Princess wrote:

It's never really too late...
I was born later than you (assuming your profile age is accurate), but I've played plenty of NES games (admittedly, on emulators tho ><)
I remember having a great time playing startropics, SMB3, SMB2, and punch out!– my favorite retro system is the SNES though~

Speaking of zelda, link to the past is my favorite~
Zerostarry

mathexpert9981 wrote:

Princess wrote:

It's never really too late...
I was born later than you (assuming your profile age is accurate), but I've played plenty of NES games (admittedly, on emulators tho ><)
I remember having a great time playing startropics, SMB3, SMB2, and punch out!– my favorite retro system is the SNES though~

Speaking of zelda, link to the past is my favorite~

I don't actually own an NES. My first system was SNES. I just find it really difficult to play NES, it's just feels weird. It's like if you asked a 10 year old today to play N64. Chances are he can't do it, it just feels so ancient
AstralPhnx
Im 14 and I feel right at home playing consoles such as the dreamcast, saturn, master system and atari 2600 (this is my current collection of retro consoles) They don't feel weird in the slightest
Shohei Ohtani
wel ur not 10 now r u
MegaRevolution1
It's easy being able to play the NES Zelda games, or any sorta game pre-2000 for that matter. They're either mostly ported over to modern consoles, or you can find all of them online for free and just use an emulator. Depends on whether or not you want to actually support the group.

Also, I personally am not a fan of retro gaming. Anything pre-PS1, with the exception of some games (Such as SMB3 and the Sonic games for example), is pretty much out of my interest. Plus, a large portion of Retro Gamers are pretty awful, in the fact they trash every console that isn't old and just overall berate everything. Some sort of elitism that's just too unbearable to me.
Da7shadow
My NES stopped working when I was about 4. Despite that, I still have it in my possession to this day.

I also confess that the only NES game I have an attention span of +30 minutes for is Kid Icarus. I use an emulator at this point.
Cyclohexane

Princess wrote:

I don't actually own an NES. My first system was SNES. I just find it really difficult to play NES, it's just feels weird. It's like if you asked a 10 year old today to play N64. Chances are he can't do it, it just feels so ancient
Yeah, I get the point. Same for me, pretty much any game on the NES feels really bland to me for some reason, except maybe Zelda and Zelda II.

However, despite the N64 being my first system, I can play SNES games just fine (as long as they don't abuse Mode 7 which THEY ALL DO)
Tsukimi Luna
im 9 and i love the playstation 1 and the SEGA genesis
Birdy
I find it impossible to play PS3 or Xbox 360 or what new gen consoles there even are. Wii is tolerable, only because of SSBB. GameCube has Mario Kart and SSBM. Then there are the safe old consoles.

E: Also DS because of Pokémon, lel.
Blue Stig

Static Noise Bird wrote:

GameCube has Mario Kart and SSBM.
WHAT NO MENTION OF PAPER MARIO?!?
Birdy
No, because that destroys the feeling of, uh, a Mario game. Before you ask why Mario Kart doesn't, it's obviously just a racing game, not a platformer, therefore not ruining the original by shitty changes, but being an amazing game by itself.
Shohei Ohtani
Usually every other night, sometime in whatever dream I'm having, I always end up seeing this girl I used to really like. She's not with anybody else (or if she is, it's like as friends), and doesn't really look unhappy. However, whenever I try to talk to her, she'll ignore me, and walk the other way. No matter what I do, she won't respond to whatever I say to her. I didn't really do anything wrong. The last time I talked to her things were going along so great. She gave me this big hug when she had to be homeschooled and thanked me for being such a good friend. But if I say anything to her, she ignores me. She doesn't really cry or show any extreme emotion, it's just ignoring.

Then I wake up and see the texts she's ignored from me, her blocking of me on Facebook, and her deletion of me from her contacts on Skype, and I realize that I never really was dreaming, just experiencing the alternate reality with the same truth.
Da7shadow
Ever since I've started posting here, I've been reading from page one.

So far I'm here
t/104916/start=1380
Cyclohexane

Static Noise Bird wrote:

No, because that destroys the feeling of, uh, a Mario game. Before you ask why Mario Kart doesn't, it's obviously just a racing game, not a platformer, therefore not ruining the original by shitty changes, but being an amazing game by itself.

Yes and Link's Crossbow Training completely ruins the feeling of a Zelda game
mathexpert

Da7shadow wrote:

Ever since I've started posting here, I've been reading from page one.

So far I'm here
t/104916/start=1380
gl;hf
show more