forum

Confess

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mogsy

CDFA wrote:

People would always tell me like

"People who actively partake in playing a musical instrument do much better in math than people who don't"

I dropped out of Calculus :(
I did, too. Haven't required it beyond a physics course I took in uni (purely to learn about sound physics, which we barely covered).

Music and English/literature courses were always my best in high school, but that's probably because I didn't give two shits about most other things. Stuff like chemistry was fascinating but I couldn't care about, say, any form of math. Or PE. Or most other sciences.

and now I'm completely done with school as a whole oops
Momochikun
I often sleepy at school
Jarby

Mogsworth wrote:

Jarby wrote:

Jesus I thought you were a music major not a fucking math love wizard
you mean music theory isn't math???

Math was always my worst subject
Mathematics in music Hz me. Actually, I probably have more of an affinity towards mathematics related to music because it's interesting due to the practical applications. I would have died if I took physics in high school though.

That being said, there's not a huge amount I know about mathematics in music, admittedly. There's the obvious ones with counting rhythm, note values and time signatures, but also harmonic patterns, oscillation in relation to tuning systems and consonance and dissonance. More in line with audio engineering, there's stuff like polarity and how effects, well, affect sound. Did your physics course cover much of this? I'm interested in hearing about it.
MegaRevolution1
I was going to discuss my school experience last year, but after rambling both times, I give up.

INSTEAD, I'm gonna say somthing completely different!

I honestly don't particularly like the idea that most of my posts are in Forum Games. Off Topic is fine by me, but it kinda bothers me for the other. To me, it feels like I'm kinda getting away with quick, cheap posts, when I often used to resent such things.

I love making longer posts and stuff that I can actually put my thoughts and opinions into. But uh, since there isn't something like a Debate section or whatever, I stick to this section since I can find threads that actually interest me enough to post more than once.
Bweh
Most Forum Games posts lack any substance (save for the OP) though

I mean, no discussion really goes on there despite its enormous userbase.
Wojjan
I have proposed a regulation for forum games but as usual the mods said "it's just OT" and the OT users are going to say "stop ruining our fun." It was a nice one. The rules were in pretty boxes like in the ITT thread.
Apex_old
I tried to write a smart political thriller anime about a dystopian society hunting down people with special powers.

Kind of like To Aru no, but darker and more intelligent.
Foxtrot

Apex wrote:

I tried to write a smart political thriller anime about a dystopian society hunting down people with special powers.

you mean x-men
Tsukimi Luna

Momochikun wrote:

I often sleepy at school
+10

Actually no :(
I feel sleepy all the time
Even when I play osu or other games

Sometimes I wish I could sleep for a really really long time
My bolster is such a nice thing to hug >w< <3
Most addicting thing to do ever
Kyonko Hizara
I'm always sleepy at school and then always awake when I'm home

I blame the internet
MegaRevolution1
I slept through specific classes, really.
During the second semester, they were Sociology, American Government, and Study Hall. Can't remember the first semester.

Though, closer to the end of the year, it kinda ended. I stopped sleeping alltogether in Sociology cause some of the teachers' lessons and stuff annoyed me, to which I decided to actually speak up and say how they were broken and stuff. I only slept through the movies we watched in AG, and that didn't change much at all (it wasn't too often we watched movies), and I stopped sleeping during Study Hall once I started reading more (Death Note and Fahrenheit 451 helped the most).
Amianki
Guh.

I have an idea for a novel series that I really want to flesh out and get working on, but I haven't had motivation to continue working on it in weeks.
ixsq
i feel no guilt at all disappointing the expectations of those around me despite their already low standards for my performance
Bweh
That's called having no self-respect

CalignoBot wrote:

Guh.

I have an idea for a novel series that I really want to flesh out and get working on, but I haven't had motivation to continue working on it in weeks.
Once you start it's hard to stop. If you can take that first step it'd be easy taking the next thousand. You just need some motivation, like a teacher pointing a gun at your back.
South
im legitmately sad ill never be as good at osu as i wanna be :/
Bweh
Everyone is

You can either do something about it, or conclude that some things in life are more important.
Da7shadow
I have a habit of picking at my skin, even discreetly in public. A lot of times I don't even realize I'm doing it until I pay attention to my actions.
Bweh
I had this habit of munching on my nails. What I did was that I'd tell people I'd spend a lot of time with to stop me whenever they saw me with my hand to my mouth. Some people got carried away with that, but it was effective. Before I knew it I had my mother, brother, and half of my class on my case.

So yeah, go do that.
Da7shadow
To be honest, I've had this habit for about 3 years and I've yet to see it become a serious issue. Besides, I can't depend on anyone for that type of thing after kicking an old habit I'd rather not mention.

So yeah, I ain't doing that.
Amianki

Brian OA wrote:

That's called having no self-respect

CalignoBot wrote:

Guh.

Once you start it's hard to stop. If you can take that first step it'd be easy taking the next thousand. You just need some motivation, like a teacher pointing a gun at your back.
I actually have a lot of the setting and major plot details worked out, I just hit a brick wall.
Rorona

CalignoBot wrote:

I actually have a lot of the setting and major plot details worked out, I just hit a brick wall.
Writing is really fun, just you get sidetracked. A lot. (I know how you feel =A=)
Shohei Ohtani

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

I'm always sleepy at school and then always awake when I'm home
:cry:
omg

I so feel that

There were days where I'd literally only be awake for 2 classes out of 6.
Apex_old

Dulcet wrote:

Apex wrote:

you mean x-men
To Aru No + 1984
Foxtrot
... x-men
DaddyCoolVipper

Apex wrote:

Do Androids Dream of Electric X-Men?

I actually quite like the idea though
Apex_old

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

Apex wrote:

Do Androids Dream of Electric X-Men?

I actually quite like the idea though
Is that like the title of the fourth chapter in Dingle ropes or what?

Help me if you want. It's like Watchmen. Happened after a war/apocalyptic event between the normal and the PSI, government acts totalitarian. New bunch of PSIs come out, and government hunts them down.

It's an allusion to the Bible of what happened to the 12 disciples. They get special powers like Misaka Motoko and locked up for experiment. Gonna do some research about the disciples and read the new testament over again.
Tsukimi Luna
i want to be in a yuri relationship ;-;

Its so much more pure and innocent and cute ;A;
Birdy
Every time I see a Yuu-Chii confession, I facepalm myself so hard it hurts.
boat

Yuu-Chii wrote:

Its so much more pure and innocent
heh no
Tsukimi Luna

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Every time I see a Yuu-Chii confession, I facepalm myself so hard it hurts.
too bad

It could be worse
Yoeri
Everyone knows Lebians don't sex.
Birdy
don't make her his anus sad
Milkshake

Yuu-Chii wrote:

stop watching yuri
South
yuru yuri \:D/
Foxtrot

Yuu-Chii wrote:

no, women will always be bitches no matter what
dNextGen

Yuu-Chii wrote:

there are no such thing as innocent and pure in this harsh world lad
Zerostarry
only in the second dimension
Jarby

Yuu-Chii wrote:

It really is plausible that you're 9.
Kyonko Hizara
I like men too much to be in a yuri relationship

Does being with a trap count as a yuri relationship tho?
Yoeri
It'll look like you're in a lesbian relationship, so yes.
show more