forum

Why do most top players single click?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HoboEater
Why single click? Isn't it better to full alternate?

i.e.
Instead of: Z Z Z Z Z Z ZXZ etc
Use: ZXZXXZXZXZXZX
MillhioreF
I'm not sure why, but I generally have much better aim and accuracy just single clicking a bunch of notes in a row instead of alternating, at the cost of taking up more stamina. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that applies to most people.
Topic Starter
HoboEater

MillhioreF wrote:

I'm not sure why, but I generally have much better aim and accuracy just single clicking a bunch of notes in a row instead of alternating, at the cost of taking up more stamina. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that applies to most people.
I thought so too, but doesnt fully alternating also give the advantage of being more 'prepared' for a chain? It seems to me that rapid single clicking causes finger fatigue, while alternating allows you to click at a faster rate with less stamina.
Tesu
its because they are comfortable with it ,
IppE
BECAUSE SINGLETAPPIN' BE MLG AS FUCK
Frizz

IppE wrote:

BECAUSE SINGLETAPPIN' BE MLG AS FUCK
http://osu.ppy.sh/u/Mara
This guy is OP and he'll beat anyone by his [MLG] singletap skills
awp

HoboEater wrote:

It's the common learned behaviour. People find it easier to count a measure when they always lead with the same hand (or finger, in this case).

For something that counts "One, and, two, and-a-three, and, four" you could expect them to press Z, Z, Z, Z X Z, Z, Z

I actually find it a bit easier to handle faster patterns alternating X and LMB. Hands are more independent of one another than fingers are.
silmarilen

HoboEater wrote:

Why single click? Isn't it better to full alternate?

i.e.
Use: ZXZXXZXZXZXZX
apparently it isnt, since all top players use single
Yarissa
I'm in the top 100 and I mostly alternate. (I was actually rank 72 or so before I left for Thailand 2 months ago). I single up to a certain BPM and when I can't single anymore I alternate. Singling is more accurate for jumps for me. When the BPM gets really high my body tenses up a lot when I single tap which negatively affects my performance (hence alternating). Alternating is great for crazy BPMs that go up to 280 1/2 and higher.

Both alternating and single tapping has its advantages but if you can single tap comfortably at high BPMs you can be pro.
Topic Starter
HoboEater

Kaoru wrote:

I'm in the top 100 and I mostly alternate. (I was actually rank 72 or so before I left for Thailand 2 months ago). I single up to a certain BPM and when I can't single anymore I alternate. Singling is more accurate for jumps for me. When the BPM gets really high my body tenses up a lot when I single tap which negatively affects my performance (hence alternating). Alternating is great for crazy BPMs that go up to 280 1/2 and higher.

Both alternating and single tapping has its advantages but if you can single tap comfortably at high BPMs you can be pro.
Thanks for your reply Kaoru, this was very informative. I agree that single clicking does help with some jumps, but I've been so used to completely alternating that single clicking feels unnatural. Maybe we'll see some top players with similar playstyle as me soon.
Toukai
Can't say the all the top players single tap...i mean ...look at SiLvia ...and I started off with single tapping until i watched some video about streams and just got into a habit of alternating and yeah
Pettanko
My goal in osu! is to be able to single tap Mendes.
UnderminE
I should stop reading the title as "singe dick"

Now.
silmarilen
nah, its fine to do that
Keichirou
They got used to it maybe?
Morbon_old

MillhioreF wrote: