forum

Toggle for the new Implement: ''Algorithm for slider curve'' [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +130
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix
Let me see.. I know I can create 4 ControlPoints to skip this New Implement.. But that is not Enought.. Almost for me and other some mappers.. This ''Implement'' Don't work/good Very good.. Because not all the mappers like make ''Curve Sliders'' in 3 ControlPoints of the Sliders...
Like symmetrical Sliders.. We can't make It with 3 Points without make a ''Notable'' Curve. And that is maddening... Imo.
Maybe here is a notable Example.
--------------------

The First image Show the Older Type.
The Second the new Implement.

haha5957 wrote:

just one moar example

-> This pattern becomes :

-> this pattern.

Maybe this Request is something stupid... But I we miss the 'artisan'work. Sorry for my bad English.
And if this Already have the ''Disable Button''.. Sorry xDD.

Dates: The 2 Sliders have the same SV. And the 3 Points are in the same place of the plane. (x:200|y:192 / x:256|y:232 / x:312|y:192)
Critique: Osu!Mapping .. Is evolving to something.. ''Digital''.. We have ''Polygon Circles'', Etc.. This is optional... So.. This new Implement need be Optional too.

POSSIBLE 'clandestine' SOLUTIONS:

TheVileOne wrote:

Add a red point to the end of the slider. It works quite well at reducing the curve.

Saten wrote:

If you change the P to a B in the metadata, it becomes a regular one.

108,192,90193,6,0,P|136:232|104:148,1,495
trouble

chan wrote:

Guidelines:

1. Don't request a toggle for disabling [insert new feature here] unless you want peppy to come to your house with a baseball bat.
--------------Final Edit: This can't be Changed. Thanks for trying guys! We are only users...
RandomJibberish
You have two options - Get used to making arcs using the new three point circle slider style, which just involves putting the middle point in a bit closer, or just use four points to make small arcs. I don't think a disable button is really necessary.
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix
It costs nothing. That is an argument valid for the 2 ways.
But Really.. I don't say this New Implement is bad.. Otherwise.. Is Excelent. But not in all the maps we like make ''SuperUltraHyperMegaGood Curve Sliders''. Is a good Evolution for the Mapping. But some people like the ''Original''.. If you understand me... There always will be opinions against.. That is the reason because Exists Disable and Enable.
deadbeat

chan wrote:

Guidelines:

1. Don't request a toggle for disabling [insert new feature here] unless you want peppy to come to your house with a baseball bat.
it makes me sad that i've had to repost this post way too often lately :(
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix

deadbeat wrote:

chan wrote:

Guidelines:

it makes me sad that i've had to repost this post way too often lately :(
I can't argue with the rules... but this is unjust... Whatever.. Thanks for the Information. Now I know .. Here a positive but sad Image for me.

------------------------------------------

But is not the same.. Only that. Thanks.
I'm not the only one who wants a baseball bat..
TheVileOne
Add a red point to the end of the slider. It works quite well at reducing the curve.
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix

TheVileOne wrote:

Very Nice o.o)b
Saten
If you change the P to a B in the metadata, it becomes a regular one.

108,192,90193,6,0,P|136:232|104:148,1,495

pain-in-the-ass but yeah :P

But TVO's suggestion might be better
lolcubes
Red point at the end causes a slight imbalance and for longer sliders it becomes really apparent and difficult to use properly. It's necessary to move the mid point a lot closer to the endpoint to get any kind of symmetry.

But thanks Saten, that just made my day a little.
TheVileOne
We could learn to create symmetry with the new sliders. I mean it's not like it's not possible to create the same symmetry with the new sliders, the points are just in different places.
Kite
I miss the old 3 point sliders, the red point solution is good but still not the same.
I'd be happy to see a toggle but I guess that won't happen

(I don't understand what was wrong with 3 point sliders anyways and why this new mechanic / feature has to be forced)
haha5957
I would use saten's method for my future mapping if possible.

Curved slider feature sure is great but forcing them makes mapping much more difficult and frustrating, especially when most of mappers now use slightly curved sliders (with three points)for simple 1/2 slider patterns

Kite wrote:

(I don't understand what was wrong with 3 point sliders anyways and why this new mechanic / feature has to be forced)
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix
Welcome to osu! My friends.
TheVileOne
^Because it was very difficult to make a slider where the last point was properly in the middle of it. It was actually a very sloppy way to make sliders and this way is much cleaner and so there wont be nearly as many awful sliders. And really sliders that don't end perfectly where the last point is cause issues with distance snap, and other calculations. The new arcs is just a benefit to the new sliders. I'm sure we'll be getting more features that weren't possible because the other sliders were just unpredictable.

I'm not saying that the way sliders are is perfect, as the point can go far off the slider end and that can be unintuitive. If that becomes an issue then they can fix it, but for right now, new sliders are the way to go.
Natteke
Well shit, I guess this is how I stop mapping
WVS
A sldier with a redpoint in the end is just not the same with the regular-old-normal-basic 3 point.

Kite wrote:

I miss the old 3 point sliders, the red point solution is good but still not the same.
I'd be happy to see a toggle but I guess that won't happen

Topic Starter
DaxMasterix

Natteke wrote:

Well shit, I guess this is how I stop mapping
About that, About that.. I lost my Inspiration too.. But we are the osu!people. Right?..
Don't take this ''Feature Request'' Like a Normal Feature Request.. Take this like a Suggestion for comfort of all the Mappers.. Who likes this and who don't like this new Implement. <--

FIGHT.

imorandommessage: Natteke Don't leave the Mapping plssssssssssss <3
haha5957

Just some example here

Above one is with new slider system and below one is with old one. (and, they have curving points at same spot)
If someone asks me which one is better to make a flowing-style map, I would definitely choose old(below) one

Circle sliders are not like total bad but some pattern needs old slider to be best.

just one moar example

-> this pattern.
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix
This can enter in a Big Trouble with the phrase of ''Mapping Style''... But can help in this little Trouble.
We are within our rights.
WVS

haha5957 wrote:

just one moar example

-> this pattern.
mother_ing ugly as _
Nyquill
Now that I think of it again,

Should be a toggle. Subtly curved sliders has been part of mapping for as long as anyone can remember. Forcing the new algorithm effectively removes an entire portion of mapping.
show more