forum

The feeling of not improving

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vello
So I've started to play taiko again and I've ran into some issues that stop me from having the feeling of improving myself. So the first is that I constantly press the wrong buttons in such slow and easy parts. Like there comes a slow part and instantly the first thing I press is the opposite that I'm supposed to hit. The next thing is that i don't think that I improved myself with the patterns that much, sometimes I hit them sometimes I don't but i don't have a consistancy of really hitting them everytime even on the same map. The last 2 things are combined and are that I just singletap everything because I can't alternate so I just use my right hand to do everything and my left hand i just there for the triples but that just destroys my stamina in my right hand so fast that I find it hard to play long maps and the other thing is that I've got eye issues which causes my eyes to squint sometimes. The thing with that is that it won't work of not playing the game since it's unhealable and I'm only able to play with one eye because on the other one is a fat point where im blind and this causes the squint.
I hope someone can help me of getting rid of that feeling so I can have the improvement feeling I want and need.
BrokenArrow
About your problem with barely seeing any improvement: Judging from your top plays, which are mostly S ranks, you're mostly playing Muzukashii difficulties? I'd suggest playing harder maps that are more out of your reach, like 4-4.5* maps. You'll probably get worse scores but that's fine, it'll pay off eventually

Can't help you with that eye problem though, have you tried playing with a smaller resolution? Personally I get eyestrain when playing at higher res too because my eyes move too much
Topic Starter
Vello

BrokenArrow wrote:

About your problem with barely seeing any improvement: Judging from your top plays, which are mostly S ranks, you're mostly playing Muzukashii difficulties? I'd suggest playing harder maps that are more out of your reach, like 4-4.5* maps. You'll probably get worse scores but that's fine, it'll pay off eventually

Can't help you with that eye problem though, have you tried playing with a smaller resolution? Personally I get eyestrain when playing at higher res too because my eyes move too much

So im going to try it with the lower resolution. The thing is that the squint stuff mostly comes when i focus myself on 1 point so might have to adapt and have to look at multiple points while playing but thanks for all the advices