forum

[osu!mania] Quick change of speed in osu!mania.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +9
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael
The point is: the keys to "` "to" = "user can Bind speed in osu!mania. This significantly helps the player to pass complex songs with abrupt changes of BPM, as he will have to press a single button to set him comfortable speed in the current BPM.
-------
Offer standard binds:
`- 6
1 - 7
2 - 8
3 - 9
4 - 10
5 - 11
6 - 12
7 - 13
8 - 14
9 - 15
0 - 16
= - 18
peppy
i'm not sure this is a good way forward. BPM changes shouldn't be allowed to be cancelled by changing the drop speed, in my opinion. the complete ability to adjust fall rate should be limited to the first 10% of the beatmap or so.
Bites
I agree with peppy - outside of extreme cases where the bpm may be doubled or halved, or moreso for a short period, bpm changes are a part of the game.

In those extreme cases, I think there should be perhaps a limiting factor in how much faster/slower the notes may fall - but even that is a stretch.
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael

peppy wrote:

i'm not sure this is a good way forward. BPM changes shouldn't be allowed to be cancelled by changing the drop speed, in my opinion. the complete ability to adjust fall rate should be limited to the first 10% of the beatmap or so.
1) If, for instance, play multiplayer and I forgot to set a comfortable speed for myself before the game? This could end up for me not so good, because the first 10% of the songs I can not set their own pace. And if II play a marathon?

2) Even if I put each time convenient for speed, it will not reduce the fault-finding game for the accuracy of my keystrokes which increases with the increase of BPM and, conversely, decreases is lowered.
Entozer
As far as I know, accuracy is based on ms, and not on how "near" the notes are on the judgement line. Unless you mean a different thing.

My opinion to this: I agree with peppy. Scroll speed shouldn't be possible to change in the middle of the song. As how Bites said it, BPM changes are part of the game.
[Dellirium]
Just don't change anything, everything's fine now with speed.
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael

Entozer wrote:

As far as I know, accuracy is based on ms, and not on how "near" the notes are on the judgement line. Unless you mean a different thing.

My opinion to this: I agree with peppy. Scroll speed shouldn't be possible to change in the middle of the song. As how Bites said it, BPM changes are part of the game.
Then, in that case, why bother to osu!mania is a function of speed control? Personally, I see it only one function- setting speed for comfortable playing. No other purpose I can not see.
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael

[Dellirium] wrote:

About the very speed and its logic here, no one says. Personally, I wish that I (and probably many other fans of the new mode) did not press hysterically F3/F4/Ctrl- / Ctrl + during abrupt change BPM. This is awkward! Adding binds can do o! M much more comfortable.
Entozer

Archangel Tirael wrote:

Entozer wrote:

Then, in that case, why bother to osu!mania is a function of speed control? Personally, I see it only one function- setting speed for comfortable playing. No other purpose I can not see.
Yes, you set it for comfortable playing, but like how we said, BPM changes are "part" of the game. Some songs are classified as "hard" because of the BPM changes. If the bpm changes were somehow nullified, those songs wouldn't be different from other songs with no bpm changes. (Theoretically speaking).

Some songs have the BPM changes as part of the difficulty. Take Death Moon 2 from o2jam for example.
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael

Entozer wrote:

Yes, you set it for comfortable playing, but like how we said, BPM changes are "part" of the game. Some songs are classified as "hard" because of the BPM changes. If the bpm changes were somehow nullified, those songs wouldn't be different from other songs with no bpm changes. (Theoretically speaking).

Some songs have the BPM changes as part of the difficulty. Take Death Moon 2 from o2jam for example.
In Taiko and Catch the Beat also ignored some gameplay elements osu! Standart and relative to it makes the game easier, then why in this case will not do just as well? To be honest, I can not say for sure reason why you think so.
[Dellirium]

Archangel Tirael wrote:

[Dellirium] wrote:

About the very speed and its logic here, no one says. Personally, I wish that I (and probably many other fans of the new mode) did not press hysterically F3/F4/Ctrl- / Ctrl + during abrupt change BPM. This is awkward! Adding binds can do o! M much more comfortable.
I change speed sometines only at start so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael

[Dellirium] wrote:

I change speed sometines only at start so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
And sometimes I do not know what speed I would be comfortable. Plus, I often like to forget to change it. And I recently love playing in multiplayer, where I have in most cases only one chance, and if you consider that you are going to do here can not change the speed of the game, then I'm all in confusion, what speed do I need to set. *_*
TheVileOne
I agree with peppy. I don't understand how allowing us to change the chartspeed doesn't directly affect the difficulty of hitting the notes. It seems the lower the mania speed, the more like it seems like the mania equivalent to Easy mod only fully adjustable in game.

Balancing concerns aside, I think it should be only adjusted during break periods, because I don't believe that the player should be changing speeds during gametime. It's just not the way a song is intended to be played.
Bobbias

TheVileOne wrote:

I agree with peppy. I don't understand how allowing us to change the chartspeed doesn't directly affect the difficulty of hitting the notes. It seems the lower the mania speed, the more like it seems like the mania equivalent to Easy mod only fully adjustable in game.

Balancing concerns aside, I think it should be only adjusted during break periods, because I don't believe that the player should be changing speeds during gametime. It's just not the way a song is intended to be played.
Some people like slow speeds, some people like very fast speeds. Right now for 150 BPM I usually set speed 15 or 16, but there are many people out there who might only set speed 6, or 8, etc. For me, faster is easier, until it becomes too fast, for some people, slower is easier. Because this makes a huge difference, it should definitely e very adjustable. However, I agree that the time you can adjust the speed should be limited because speed changes ARE part of the game.
Woshiwobi
In the beginning check the BPM of the song before you play and adjust afterwards your speedmode. After a while you will get a good feeling of the bpm-range and you are going to automatic set up the way you like it ...

I'm also in favour to set a limit into the change time. It is not the purpose of a bpm change to adapt the speedmod, because it is more to see as an competition.
Ikite_old
i disagree with all of u.
there are many people that have a weak vision for the ability to play at such fast speed. the only way for players with poor vision to get better at a song is with practice. and the Only way to get good at songs is by playing a song at a comfortable speed to Gradually be able to play it at "regular speed" and "Faster"

how can all of u disregard the phisical fit of those players who can't play with such flasy lights from the screen and fast beat for their own experiences? that's not fair at all. there's many potential players who could join this play and become great. but that will only be if u let them be.

ALLOW CHANGE OF BPM
We have the right to change the BPM.

everyboy has the right to Practice and have Online Practice matches for fun with their friends as well.