forum

Unable to import beatmap [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mukku
So I get this message when I try to F5 after moving some beatmaps to the song folder.

"Unable to import beatmap "Song Name" attempting move to Failed folder"

Thats the text as it is. It appears in red background color and white font from left down corner till right.

I hope I have been specific enough and I hope theres a solution somewhere.
An64fan
This is a sign that you tried to import an incomplete .osz or .zip. There's a chance the map you tried to download didn't include a .mp3/ogg of the music file.
Topic Starter
Mukku
It actually does this now to every song I download.
An64fan
Have you been trying to download ranked maps from the download page? Also what method of importing are you using?
Topic Starter
Mukku
I have already downloaded and imported over 200 songs without any problems. Now any songs that I download wont work.

And I honestly dont know what you mean by importing methods. Those 200 songs that worked fine were automatically imported when I pressed F5 after moving the song to the Songs folder.
peppy
Put it this way: something must have changed on your PC. Go and take a look in the osu! folder, check permissions, check there's nothing strange in your Songs folder (is there a tmp directory or something)?

We can't help you unless you provide more details.
Topic Starter
Mukku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
An64fan
Incomplete maps (such as those with only a .osu file) are moved to the Failed folder.

By importing methods I meant if you were drag-and-dropping the files into the osu! window, leaving them in the songs folder, opening with osu!, the such, though you already answered that. Maybe give a try with a different method to see if it works any better?
peppy
Did you check what is IN those folders I mentioned after trying to import a map? Have you tried to open the downloaded .osz using winrar or 7zip?
Topic Starter
Mukku
I already said that theyre empty.

And I tried dragging the osz file to the game but it didnt help either.

And I tried opening them with winzip AND winrar but it just says "Cannot open (filename)

Download: After School - Diva (ILove4MinutesHyunah).osb
An64fan
Hm... Try right-clicking the .osz when you download it and select "Open with [osu]" (or "Open with..." and select osu in the window that comes up)?
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Mukku
Okay I found out what the problem was and I found out a way to fix it. BUT I would have to do a load of stuff each time I wanted to import a song.

So the problem was not that the files would be corrupt. It was that I had lost all the rights to the osz files. I dont know how to regain the rights automatically for all the songs I download. I had to go to safe mode to be able to regain all the rights for the files. After that, the importing worked fine and when I downloaded another song it didnt work. I had to go to the safe mode all over again to regain the rights.
peppy
What operating system? What browser? If vista, are you using UAC? If you are using UAC, are you elevating privileges for your browser?
Topic Starter
Mukku
I am using Windows XP home
zenmater
well i have the same issues here i got xp home and the maps are not importing it gets annoying

ok i found the issue with mine im using fire fox and osu wont let me import the maps because i had this add on that shows the dl on the bottom of the browser isntead of the pop up dl screen so now i have to have that open to import maps is fine

also found out that the downlaod didnt complete wich was wierd so i have to keep on trying to dl the map until all the bytes are there
Izhern
Same problem here. Tried the suggested solutions posted here as well, doesn't work.
Seems to start after I moved to Win 7.
hihohahi
For me:
Right click -> Run osu! as adminstrator -> F5 =D. no more errors after that
F e r l e y
A friend seem to have the same problem, im going to try what hihohahi suggested. However I hope this issue gets known solutions <.< .
- Shao -
It doesn't work for me.. :(